• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

61wl4y.jpg

When I was younger and grumpy, I would carry sidewalk chalk, and draw lines around shithead parked vehicles and write "special parking just for you" in front of them.

Never did the zip-tie thing, although I did consider trying it with some steel ties I have for exhaust wrap.

• Haha
Reactions: fx77 and Cowpokey
When I was younger and grumpy, I would carry sidewalk chalk, and draw lines around shithead parked vehicles and write "special parking just for you" in front of them.

Never did the zip-tie thing, although I did consider trying it with some steel ties I have for exhaust wrap.
You weren't grumpy. Try a fist full of 16d sinkers wedged up behind every tire... used to do that to anyone that stole my assigned parking spot. Never once had a repeat offender.

• Haha
Reactions: canman
Yeah, that doesnt include the insane amount of days in a kayak either. Or the days I would mountain bike in the AM and then other stuff all afternoon.
Working 3 days a week as a nurse had its advantages....

HA! Yeah, I only made it about 3-4 yrs ice climbing. too cold and too dangerous. Rock climbing is good though. Nothing like 3-400 feet off the deck on a multi pitch alpine route....

HA! Never. not a once. No need. I move faster than most on it without, so Lord help us if I ever tried it.
No desire. Rather just have a couple beers and call it good
motivational…

Climbing ice with dozens of sharp steel points attached does tend to focus the mind.

My former best friend (RIP) was a senior pilot for a major airline. They encountered severe turbulence - I think only once in his long career. There was lipstick on the overhead baggage lockers, alongside holes from the passengers stiletto heels. They never determined if those were from the same trip.

I've had bruises on my waist from the seatbelt on two occasions. Not fun. The worst was in a 777 headed to London.View attachment 7788151
I was flying back from Detroit (2nd leg) and we left just before a bad storm,
plane shook like a stiff 4x4 on a bad road for maybe 30 minutes and then smoothed out as we passed the storm

wife and her sister went to disney one year and somewhere over NC or SC the plane hit a storm bad enough the seatbelt signs came on and the plane was literally jumping everywhere,
she said she was praying, and crying, damn near all the passengers were doing the same, and some were puking ,

not a pleasant trip

Reactions: D-SIL
The drunks you just leave them asleep. Less trouble that way. The drunks that wake up screaming and fighting, get no pain meds. STFU dumbass!

Bout 18 years ago that scenario played out. Our nearest Level 1 Trauma Center was a 22 minute drive, code 3. And back then we had Chevy 505 big blocks, on the straights, let it eat. Dude started fighting, and because he was so fucked up (trauma wise) there were two of us in the back. He didn't know how many of us it was going to take to whoop his ass, but we knew how many we were going to use. He arrived with all limbs tied to the cot. ER nurse said "yall are mean, I've seen tons of bilateral 14 guage IVs, just not in the back of the hands."

"Dude had good veins in the back of the hands, and the hands were tied down...What?"
Nice Ron White reference…

Reactions: Garvey
It reminds the pax that just because they can fly the plane on their X-Box that it’s not the same as the real thing.

I'm a rock climber that's free solo'ed routes that were too hard for my skill level to do unroped but I got lucky enough times to eventually get smart enough to quit soloing hard shit. Roped and harnessed, I've taken somewhere around a thousand lead falls, but I probably would not have taken on the risk if I didn't believe in the system. Hopefully, antenna climbers are just using the gear in case there is a freak accident.
A thousand lead falls 😳

My dads buddy had one they shortened and let him drive around the the neighborhood

Also had Don Pruhdomme chase him trying to kick his ass in the pits when he was a kid

My dads buddy had one they shortened and let him drive around the the neighborhood

Also had Don Pruhdomme chase him trying to kick his ass in the pits when he was a kid
I lived near Baylands Raceway (Fremont Dragstrip) in the late 70"s and early 80's. I went there all the time and met a lot of the big name drag racers before everything got overly commercial and they started roping off the pits to keep fans out. Some of the nicest people in racing were Don Garlits, Bob and Edda Glidden, John Force, and Eddie Hill. I don't remember ever meeting Don Pruhdomme.