• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

photo_2022-02-04_02-15-49.jpg

You do know that they have more than 1 size of window, right? :D

Got lots of different sizes. 30 windows in the house. 15 of them are 3/0 6/0. South and East walls of the Great room. She said "I want the sunlight to come into the kitchen every morning". I said, "consider it done".

Facing east on more of my kind of morning in December.

20211119_071154.jpg

Got a pot of chili simmering on the stove. 3 pounds of dead bovine, 32oz of stock, and a shit ton of spices, yum. Easy version but still pretty decent.

I’ll see you later tonight toilet.

I’ll take your -2 and sun over our 25 and drizzling rain and sleet any day of the week.
You are correct sir. The Sun trumps everything. It's amazing the power it has when it shines bright. T-Shirt in sub zero temps if you're in direct sunlight. Especially at 5000+ feet. Lived in Florida for two years in the early/mid 90s. I had no clue how cold it could get with no sun and that much humidity. It cuts right through you.

Detest cold weather and snow. 85 degrees and sunny.

Beautiful…. That looks like the house across the pond from my brother’s backyard down in Bradenton! Not too far from where I grew up, and always thought I’d end up back there. Settled down in the hill country instead.

Your pic reminds me why we had so many snowbirds as neighbors! Congrats…

— break, break —

OT: I call this one ‘Second Breakfast”

i-MfMSRCG-X4.jpg

Beautiful…. That looks like the house across the pond from my brother’s backyard down in Bradenton! Not too far from where I grew up, and always thought I’d end up back there. Settled down in the hill country instead.

— break, break —

i-MfMSRCG-X4.jpg

Looks like a Thompson bagel.

Plenty of meat in our chili, just no beans.
Maybe I had that backward? I was stationed in Texas for 3 years, but that was a long time ago. I'm not from there, so I'll plead ignorance. 😏

I like beans and meat in chili...doesn't have to be bovine; pheasant and tree chicken are excellent in chili also.

ETA: Rabbit is good too.

Looks like a Thompson bagel.

Don’t know whether to impressed or concerned that you know your baked goods so well, LOL. Yes, yes it is.

Nice prelude to grilled cheese with some copa thrown on, and tomato soup after knocking ice off some tree limbs earlier.

edit: pic thread

i-sxLwfwJ.jpg

i-PbWx656.jpg

Last edited:

— break, break —

i-MfMSRCG-X4.jpg

FD Captain I worked with for many years, from Kent, England. And he was stationed with a bunch of North Texas country boys. We had a damn good time! I have had that meal for first and second breakfast. It is damn good!

(cold baked beans on the side)

Reactions: 91Eunozs
Don't let the "Texans" see this...think chili can't have meat in it...they are wrong, but that's what they think.
Im confused, Is this a joke? It's called "Chili Con Carne" it means carne is meat. Lol

Beans are a side dish to chili, not an ingredient. I'm at least 6th generation.

Detest cold weather and snow. 85 degrees and sunny.
I've been down here in FL for 28 years and like it more every year. I have an open invite to ski with buddy's family at their ski in condo in Vail every year.....have yet to go! Snow can lick my feet!

Reactions: lash and oneshot86
If it has beans it isn’t chili.
yup it's stew. I've had "chili" with beans that wasn't bad, but it's not chili.

Technically this I made isn't chili I used ground instead of stew meat and didn't roast/grind chilis, but I'm lazy and there's no stew meat at the store. I got the last two packs of ground.

• Wow
Reactions: Cowpokey
Maybe I had that backward? I was stationed in Texas for 3 years, but that was a long time ago. I'm not from there, so I'll plead ignorance. 😏

I like beans and meat in chili...doesn't have to be bovine; pheasant and tree chicken are excellent in chili also.

ETA: Rabbit is good too.
Elk makes a good chili too. No beans, no tomatoes.
FB_IMG_1643938705881.jpg

FB_IMG_1643938722157.jpg

If it has beans it isn’t chili.
yup it's stew. I've had "chili" with beans that wasn't bad, but it's not chili.

Technically this I made isn't chili I used ground instead of stew meat and didn't roast/grind chilis, but I'm lazy and there's no stew meat at the store. I got the last two packs of ground.
my favorite "stewed meat" in Texas is Carne Guisada...not "asada" if I want grilled meat, I do it better myself.