• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

There is a for sale add in the optics section for a S&B 3-20X50 that is both motivational and inspirational. I am not going to repost a fellow Hide members post or his pictures, you will have to go there and see it for yourself. Have some clenex handy.

I know exactly what you mean man. I'm 28 and been leasing my family's place and had my llc since I was 18. The place is never going to support me or a family and with the few big players we have around plus our horrendous state government, a young guy just can't make a go of it here. I worked for a dairy for 7 years and it's my true love. Worked on a grain operation that also did custom work and ran some cattle for 6. Learned all I could, both good and bad, all the while running my own herd of registered Simmentals doing embryo work and growing bulls mostly in the night hours before and after working for the other guys. I finally wised up and went to work as a lineman. Lots better pay and it can support a family now. It also gives me enough time to farm the right way, not just making it work. It's a shame the next generation has such an uphill fight and needs a hell of a lot of luck to boot to make a life from AG. One thing is for sure, you think a dog is happiness at the end of a long day, you have never come home and walked meadow full of mamma cows and their calves. I may not be old enough to offer advise, but I'm gonna. Get a good career and make a life farming around that. You get the benefits of raising a family and continuing the American tradition plus the ability to take care of them the way we all strive to without the full stress load of a life of AG.

Trust me i've gone over it many times in my head. As much as i love farming there is no plausible way for me to make it in it without struggling pretty severely. I'd be starting from scratch, renting 500 acres from my family, the rest would probably crumble under the debt i would endure just getting started. I'm going to stick with med, though i'm repeatedly told that Dr's have no life. To a degree i'm beginning to see that. For the last three years i was hell bent on surgery, i loved it, and still do. The trade-off is you have absolutely no life, it consumes you. Residencies boast of 99% divorce rates, ultra long work hours, and your on call. So i'll have to see what it's like when i get there. On the other hand it's supposedly a wonderful time to become a nurse practitioner, Nurse Anesthetists, Physician's assistant, etc.

Both of those are full time jobs.

This is true lol, my dad always joked about a physician from our local town. He'd farm, not do so well, then go back to the hospital. Pretty reckless honestly, but i plan to do something similar lol, i mean not to the T but i will definitely have some land & cows.

Funny we were checking rice the other day and just talking, my dad was like "hell, maybe i can win the 600 million dollar lottery, and we can just play around out here with new equipment for the rest of our life." Lol only a workaholic/farmer wins a 600 million dollar lottery to think about more farming, classic.

I couldn't find it what page?
There is a for sale add in the optics section for a S&B 3-20X50 that is both motivational and inspirational. I am not going to repost a fellow Hide members post or his pictures, you will have to go there and see it for yourself. Have some clenex handy.

That really depends on a lot of things. Most of the big corporate farms do pretty well. Some from economies of scale and some from subsidies.

Smaller operations really struggle over the long haul. Its a very tough business to be in and I am pretty sure the US population is not very aware of how much land has been taken out of production. In CA alone hundreds of thousands of acres have had the water shut off while there has been no reduction in the water quota for the SF bay area. And in many counties there has been significant restrictions on drilling permits. In other places houses are going up and taking land away from farming/grazing. Across the street from us 2,500+ acres of ranchland is in process to moving into 1/3 acre lots. Less land x less water = higher food prices for those that actually pay for their food.

Having used green, red, blue, and orange tractors I would say green is my favorite. If for no other reason that you can always get parts. Try finding the replacement for that little gizmo thing that allows the putzmeter to monitor the schnitzle flow rate to start the wackado. they all break down but having to wait 2 months for that gizmo thing to come in from Japan sucks all to pieces.
I thought the US Dept of Ag took care of you guys.
Heard Farmers were rolling in money from all the sweet Dept of Ag deals they get.

The OP deleted it within the last hour or so. I hope everything is okay at his end.

I hope so, too. Let us know if you hear anything.

I couldn't afford the scope, but was willing to help out, if legit. I would have considered a donation as an investment in our country's future - any boy with a father like that as an example will grow up to be an asset to all.

tumblr_navvhjrgpS1rnma1do1_250.gif

For you twerkers out there:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/krcqHRkubyw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

well, just maybe, it looks as if one or possibly two of the brainwashed masses woke up from the liberal fog that these people live and breathe in everyday. Sadly, i think most of these types are already too far gone. The liberal education system has been going hard and strong with their anti-gun agenda for decades now. This is the result. These people are ready for subjugation.

Bill Gates has tried to fund antigun agendas several times in Washington state, every time the media proclaims overwhelming support for his agenda and every time they get their ass handed to them.

Probably right, there's no need to stay vigilant or stand up for what's right this time. Everyone just relax, just a little pin-prick. [/sarcasm]