• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

285666868_533583048315002_2369686462788239700_n.png

These Guys would have never had a place in the rankings if this guy rode today. Well maybe Tuff and Lane as they were my Heros when I was riding.
When and where was this????
  • Tuff Hedeman.
  • Lane Frost.
  • Ty Murray.
  • Larry Mahan.
  • Jim Shoulders.
  • J.B. Mauney.
No idea. Just saw it on the twitters

Myeongnyang: October 25-26, 1597
Battle for the very life of a country:

Korean Admiral Yi-Sun-Sin and 13 ironclad gunships face off against 130 ships of the invasion fleet of Japanese shogun Toyotomi Hideyoshi.

The ironclad "turtle" gunships were not only outfitted with cannon on all sides but also flamethrowers and squads of crackshot archers firing antipersonnel, explosive, and incendiary ordnance which were able to set the mostly wooden Japanese ships ablaze very quickly. The Korean ships were powered by a combination of oars for directional adjustment and treadmill wheels that allowed the ships to build up incredible speed, at which the massive dragon head steel rams mounted on their fore could be used with devastating effect, plowing through entire enemy fleets like bulldozers.

Result: Total and decisive Korean victory. 90+ Japanese ships destroyed. 30 troop carriers and command vessels rammed and crushed. The rest were set ablaze by incendiary arrows or blasted to shreds by howitzers on the shore. Korean guns by this time were already being cast in solid pieces with tapered barrels and much larger and beefed up rear powder chambers and cloth or paper patched projectiles, allowing them to shoot much farther and accurately and with substantially higher velocity. 2500+ samurai dead. Korean losses were 2 scout vessels damaged and 8 fatalities from a mortar shell exploding prematurely on the deck of one of the gunships.

Fun fact: Four full size and functional reproduction Joseon Dynasty Navy ironclad "turtle ships" were built for the production of this movie, each one powered by a 1,500 horsepower diesel electric railroad switcher engine. Two of them, after the film production, were placed onto passenger ferry service on Seoul's Hangang River Shuttle, which connected two subway lines in different parts of the city. For a couple of months, passengers could experience history on part of their daily city commute aboard these ships running heritage service in a similar fashion to the R1 vintage subway rolling stock on NYC Transit which operates main line passenger service on certain holiday periods.

Last edited:
A couple months back the family and I went out for dinner. We sit down, order, and the wife and youngest go to the restroom. 8yr old daughter asks, “dad, did you order steak?”

I tell her I did and she asks if the waitress will bring me a knife. “Yeah, she’ll bring a steak knife when our food comes out.”

Daughter says, “well, if she doesn’t, you can use my knife.”

Knowing that her knife is supposed to be at the house in the safe, I say, “your knife..what do you mean?”

She stands up, walks around the table, lifts up her shirt and shows me that she has her fixed blade Winkler inside the waistband, appendix carry.

“Don’t show that to your Mom or anyone else tonight, ok?”

Attachments

• B165B1A0-6C15-4856-942B-2523397A2EC7.jpeg
    B165B1A0-6C15-4856-942B-2523397A2EC7.jpeg
    482.5 KB · Views: 398
A couple months back the family and I went out for dinner. We sit down, order, and the wife and youngest go to the restroom. 8yr old daughter asks, “dad, did you order steak?”

I tell her I did and she asks if the waitress will bring me a knife. “Yeah, she’ll bring a steak knife when our food comes out.”

Knowing that her knife is supposed to be at the house in the safe, I say, “your knife..what do you mean?”

She stands up, walks around the table, lifts up her shirt and shows me that she has her fixed blade Winkler inside the waistband, appendix carry.

Well, yer raising her right ;);)

Your daughter may be my girl’s lost twin.
100% something she would do.
And she is a Spiderman nut.

Routinely carries her folder down to the table if there is any call for a blade.

“Cooler than a steak knife”.

Buddy gave to her for Christmas years back, when she was 6 yrs old I think.

Your daughter may be my girl’s lost twin.
100% something she would do.
And she is a Spiderman nut.

Routinely carries her folder down to the table if there is any call for a blade.

“Cooler than a steak knife”.

Buddy gave to her for Christmas years back, when she was 6 yrs old I think.
A buddy of mine gave my daughter her knife, wrapped in a note saying “every warrior deserves a good blade.”

Late August, wife texts me "your daughter (she's referred to that every day) wants a damn pocket knife for her birthday. Would you please handle that?"

Got her an auto open US Made Kershaw.

Told her to treat the knife the same as a firearm, never get one of your body parts down range of it. She understood.

But I told her she will cut herself one day. The only question is will it be stitches worthy or not.