• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

158C24EA-979F-48FF-A328-D59607667B3C.jpeg

665630E1-FB9B-41B1-B3C1-95778B85D126.jpeg

C36DDEA4-9460-40E5-8265-67D8FC4A317F.jpeg

Living on ranch property, there isn’t a day that I go outside without a knife in my pocket or on my side. Can someone share what makes the Chris Reeve knifes expensive. Thanks

View attachment 7971154
Good Question... Similar to why a Cadillac is more expensive then a Chevy or why a Brand name drug is more expensive than a generic drug....

Reactions: Keepmvng
FF1AC2CE-3C0E-4610-8A88-4EE656F04BD8.jpeg

I have a little leather pocket sheath and I will often carry these two in my back pocket at work.

I always have a medium-larger folder clipped in my front pocket. And a small single blade trapper down in my pocket. Sometimes I will carry another more "weapon" type knife concealed, sometimes because of where I'm going, but usually just for fun. I have a Cold Steel Ti-Lite stiletto that at some point took up permanent residence in my work coat right pocket. A Lenox utility knife did the same at some point in the left pocket.
So I'm at work one day and it hit me.... "Oh wait.. am I really carrying seven knives? Oh good lord."
(that's also when it hit me that at that moment I had four flashlights on me as well. What an ass.)

Here's a better look at some of my family knives. The men that carried these knives were a different breed. Thankful I get to carry on their legacy. The tiny Old Timer was my first pocket knife given to me by my papaw when I was 5 or 6. I have lots of memories of him running the Schrade with the toothpick of a blade over a whet stone that he kept by his chair while watching John Wayne movies in his last years.

FB_IMG_1665065856479.jpg

One of the sexiest cars ever made ‘37 Lincoln Zephyr
View attachment 7971062View attachment 7971063
I think the maroon one is James Hetfield's "Voodoo Priest" or something like that.
Pictures don't do the lines justice, the back half is just impossibly long and an amazing thing to see in person.
They really are one of the best looking cars ever made.

Good Question... Similar to why a Cadillac is more expensive then a Chevy or why a Brand name drug is more expensive than a generic drug....
I compare it closer to the chrome plated and engraved 1911 you carry on your hip to church on Sunday. It'll get the job done, but you rue having to wipe the fingerprints off of it later. It's a bling thing. You're probably not going to do any serious work with it.
Living on ranch property, there isn’t a day that I go outside without a knife in my pocket or on my side. Can someone share what makes the Chris Reeve knifes expensive. Thanks
I've been in the custom knife game for 20+ years. Higher prices start with high end materials. Titanium frames and surgical steel. But it's mostly supply and demand. I went through the Reeves phase in the beginning. They were a smaller shop then with limited production. Got both NICA Sebenza Tantos because they were limited and CRK said they wouldn't make any more tanto blades. Well the tanto blade is now a regular.

I try to stick with one man shops these days.

20221006_090049.jpg

Deryk Munroe Gen 4 and Gen 3 Sigil

I compare it closer to the chrome plated and engraved 1911 you carry on your hip to church on Sunday. It'll get the job done, but you rue having to wipe the fingerprints off of it later. It's a bling thing. You're probably not going to do any serious work with it.

I've been in the custom knife game for 20+ years. Higher prices start with high end materials. Titanium frames and surgical steel. But it's mostly supply and demand. I went through the Reeves phase in the beginning. They were a smaller shop then with limited production. Got both NICA Sebenza Tantos because they were limited and CRK said they wouldn't make any more tanto blades. Well the tanto blade is now a regular.

I try to stick with one man shops these days.

View attachment 7971256
Deryk Munroe Gen 4 and Gen 3 Sigil
The attention to detail on those handles and the amount of milling it would take...that's damn sexy. I have made handles, internal components, clips and blades for customers who make knives like this; the amount of work isn't small and tooling to get it right isn't cheap. Looking at the small internal radiuses on the handles and the blades tell you everything you need to know. Add to that the fact that there aren't but a handful of blade grinders left who actually know how to grind a blade to the correct tolerances for fit and function. Beautiful work.

Except Cadillac is 99% Chevy underneath and has been for well over half a century.

Near $600 for the Chris Reeves is for people with more money then sense.

My daily carry will do 99.9% what that CR will...minus the impress the gear queers part. Cost me $10 and I have spares but this one has been going strong for over a decade. It's been doing so well, I actually gave three of my spares as gifts a year ago.

Only thing I did was remove the redundant thumb stud and now there is nothing to snag or scratch my hand as it sits clipped to my front pocket.

PF1ySjr.jpg

FF1AC2CE-3C0E-4610-8A88-4EE656F04BD8.jpeg

I have a little leather pocket sheath and I will often carry these two in my back pocket at work.

I always have a medium-larger folder clipped in my front pocket. And a small single blade trapper down in my pocket. Sometimes I will carry another more "weapon" type knife concealed, sometimes because of where I'm going, but usually just for fun. I have a Cold Steel Ti-Lite stiletto that at some point took up permanent residence in my work coat right pocket. A Lenox utility knife did the same at some point in the left pocket.
So I'm at work one day and it hit me.... "Oh wait.. am I really carrying seven knives? Oh good lord."
(that's also when it hit me that at that moment I had four flashlights on me as well. What an ass.)
Why does cas6969 carry seven knives?

Because carrying eight would be ostentatious…

View attachment 7971154
What makes an AI more expensive than a Savage?
S&B vs Tasco
Staccato vs Glock vs High Point
Rolex vs Timex

CRKs are really toward the bottom of the high end knife world. They are really simple, really well made and they will last a lifetime.

Screenshot_20221006-152526_Reddit.jpg