• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

FJB.jpg

2WD gas engine built for performance

View attachment 8208645

Versus 4WD diesel engine built for torque

View attachment 8208641

Plus 1000 lbs more. Great comparison! 🙄😁😘
4wd Super Crew GAS, Short Denali SUV GAS. But whatever. It smokes the pickups with the 6.2 GAS also. 🤷‍♂️

Motivation is growing up around and believing, "listen boy, there's no replacement for displacement"; then wiping my ass with the 3.0l I don't need 🤭

Reactions: lash
Are there a lot of top fuel funny cars running 3.0l?
Obviously there are exceptions. This was all in reference to street cars 🤦‍♂️

The 3.0 reference was comparing how much LESS displacement I was using. (3.5l / 6.2l). I know, not exact. Let's not take it there either 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Reactions: Ltcg
Obviously there are exceptions. This was all in reference to street cars 🤦‍♂️

The 3.0 reference was comparing how much LESS displacement I was using. (3.5l / 6.2l). I know, not exact. Let's not take it there either 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
Imagine if those 6.2l were ported and "tuned" equivalent to your 3.0l...think Camaro ZL1:
  • 6.2L supercharged V8 engine with 650 horsepower and 650 lb.-ft. of torque
Not even top of the line for factory car...probably cost about the same as yours though.

A 3.5L at 14psi of boost is equivalent to a 7.0 naturally aspired. My SHO 3.5 ran 28 pounds of boost. Add meth and timing. Keep talking.

Ported and tuned doesn’t have shit on direct injection and forced induction. What I don’t understand is why they don’t upsize the ecoboost. Just add two cylinders, or 4.

A 3.5L at 14psi of boost is equivalent to a 7.0 naturally aspired. My SHO 3.5 ran 28 pounds of boost. Add meth and timing. Keep talking.

Ported and tuned doesn’t have shit on direct injection and forced induction. What I don’t understand is why they don’t upsize the ecoboost. Just add two cylinders, or 4.
Ford will give you a Supercharged 5.0 now, which is awesome. But a TT DOHC 5.0 would be pretty neato also

Reactions: Keith E.

Yep when people see what happens when you take a big (13.5, 15.0 liter) diesel and disable the turbo then they usually realize how important that forced induction is

And where is your tortoise at now?

Reactions: JIMB3AM
Rocked on to the next thing. A BMW after that. Bla, it was lame. Back in a 3.5 but this time an expedition.

That’s the side ride and has been. I’m an F series for my primary l.

Reactions: AMGtuned
Ahhh, the bone yard. I used to live just down the road from this.
I drove by the DM boneyard twice today going to and coming home from church.

Neat place. They are planning on adding a military vehicle display hence the tank or two now making an appearance. At one point back in the '90s they had over 1500 F4s.

Fun factoid they recover $10 in spare parts for every dollar they spend running the yard. That is if you don't count the billions and billons spent making the aircraft in the first place.

GLARING historical inaccuracy spotted in the History Channel drama 'Vikings'.

King Aethelwulf's Anglo Saxon army vs. 'The Great Heathen Army' led by Ivar the Boneless. 800s AD. Those helmets worn by Aethelwulf's soldiers are pikemens' and musketeers' "pots". They would not come about until the mid-late 1600s. 19th century paintings of the Salem Witch Trials and the founding of Plymouth and Roanoke Colonies showed soldiers wearing these types of helmets, which evolved from the earlier comb morion to add a flared backpiece giving the wearer more protection around the sides of the face and the neck from rapier and saber blows. They were worn with a cuirass and ammunition bandolier for a matchlock or wheel lock arquebus. The helmets during Aethelwulf's time would only be either a conical helmet with a nasal guard and a mail coif, or just a plain rounded steel cap with or without the coif. How did this get by the editing teams?
smiley_freak.gif

Fun factoid they recover $10 in spare parts for every dollar they spend running the yard. That is if you don't count the billions and billons spent making the aircraft in the first place.

It's like buying a house. You finance 500K, pay it off over 15 years and sell for 750K, so a profit of 250K...if you don't count the ~400K spent on insurance, property taxes, maintenance, upgrades....

GLARING historical inaccuracy spotted in the History Channel drama 'Vikings'.

King Aethelwulf's Anglo Saxon army vs. 'The Great Heathen Army' led by Ivar the Boneless. 800s AD. Those helmets worn by Aethelwulf's soldiers are pikemens' and musketeers' "pots". They would not come about until the mid-late 1600s. 19th century paintings of the Salem Witch Trials and the founding of Plymouth and Roanoke Colonies showed soldiers wearing these types of helmets, which evolved from the earlier comb morion to add a flared backpiece giving the wearer more protection around the sides of the face and the neck from rapier and saber blows. They were worn with a cuirass and ammunition bandolier for a matchlock or wheel lock arquebus. The helmets during Aethelwulf's time would only be either a conical helmet with a nasal guard and a mail coif, or just a plain rounded steel cap with or without the coif. How did this get by the editing teams?
smiley_freak.gif

Perhaps Ivar was a time-traveler.