• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

1701397457052.png

View attachment 8285059

"This snapshot reflects a time when the ice trade was a highly profitable industry, primarily during the 19th and early 20th centuries. Ice was harvested from natural sources such as ponds and streams and then transported via railroads or ships to various destinations worldwide. An intricate network of ice wagons was responsible for the final distribution of this valuable commodity. The roots of this industry can be traced back to 1806 when Frederic Tudor, also known as the Ice King, initiated the ice trade in New England by shipping ice to his affluent clientele in the Caribbean. Over the years, his enterprise expanded to encompass regions like Cuba and the southern United States. Eventually, ice was being shipped to destinations as far-flung as India, Australia, China, and South America. At the zenith of the ice trade, this sector in the United States employed a staggering 90,000 individuals and relied on the labor of 25,000 horses. The demand for ice experienced a notable upswing during World War I. However, once the war concluded, the ice trade saw a precipitous decline due to the advent of refrigeration cooling systems. By the 1930s, modern refrigerators began to gain prevalence in households, and by the 1950s, they had become nearly ubiquitous in both the United States and Europe. This technological advancement rendered the ice trade largely obsolete"
The town that I grew up in had ice cut from the lake the town was named for and loaded onto railcars to go to the west coast. That went on until the late 60's. We used to go to the pile of busted blocks that were piled up and bring it home to the farm to use for making ice cream in the old hand cranked ice cream maker. I'm fucking old....:ROFLMAO:

You sure sound like the experienced tranny expert.
Eh, I know a few.
Crazy story.
One weird kid used to work for me.
Ended up he liked to cross dress, then one day he told me he found a girlfriend. I figured he started liking girls. Nope. Turns out his girlfriend is a dude that's starting the transition. So they get married, and both are in the middle of their transition now. So now they're faux lesbians. Not sure if either one went all in on the conversion yet, but they both have tits now.

And they both wear chokers.

The town that I grew up in had ice cut from the lake the town was named for and loaded onto railcars to go to the west coast. That went on until the late 60's. We used to go to the pile of busted blocks that were piled up and bring it home to the farm to use for making ice cream in the old hand cranked ice cream maker. I'm fucking old....:ROFLMAO:
Seasoned

Eh, I know a few.
Crazy story.
One weird kid used to work for me.
Ended up he liked to cross dress, then one day he told me he found a girlfriend. I figured he started liking girls. Nope. Turns out his girlfriend is a dude that's starting the transition. So they get married, and both are in the middle of their transition now. So now they're faux lesbians. Not sure if either one went all in on the conversion yet, but they both have tits now.

And they both wear chokers and Birkenstocks

FIFY

CYBERBEAST​

1. DELIVERY IN 2024
  2. 320 MI. RANGE (EST.)
  3. 2.6 SEC. 0-60 MPH†
  4. 130 MPH TOP SPEED
  5. 845 HORSEPOWER
  6. 10,296 LB-FT TORQUE
  7. 11,000 LBS. TOWING CAPACITY
  8. 2500 LBS. CARGO CAPACITY

yawn-8.gif

That's nice I guess.
Can you feel the road texture through the steering wheel? Does the chassis communicate through the seat and floor?

Reactions: doubloon
That has to be a typo…1K(ish) I can believe. Electric motors are torque monsters to be sure, but that amount of torque would destroy the drivetrain; assuming it has one. Could be direct drive at the hubs I suppose.

Reactions: Rthur
That has to be a typo…1K(ish) I can believe. Electric motors are torque monsters to be sure, but that amount of torque would destroy the drivetrain; assuming it has one. Could be direct drive at the hubs I suppose.
Figured that was possible.
Top fuel is estimated at 8k.
Twice the plaid would be 2k roughly.

R

Reactions: 91Eunozs
Aren't EV's pretty much all individual motors directly driving the wheels now?

Picture of a car that would blow the doors off any Tesla in every way that matters.
1968_Alfa_Romeo_Giulia_Sprint_GTA_1300_JS_8_z3b2av.jpeg

Picture of a car that would blow the doors off any Tesla in every way that matters.
View attachment 8285373
Beautiful car! Always loved those red-headed Italians…

I know some EVs, especially plug in hybrids like my wife’s car, integrate the electric motor into the drivetrain (usually replace the flywheel with an integrated generator/starter/motor), but yeah, think most pure EVs use some flavor of linear direct drive.

I’m no expert though, so could be way off base here…and too busy to research in-depth right now.

edit: pic thread rules, the wife’s hybrid:

i-CsVHHBG.jpg

View attachment 8285373
66 or 67 Alfa Romeo GTV. One of the best cars I ever owned. The Alfa Berlina was almost as sporty, but had four doors, plenty of room for four persons, and with standard Bilstein shocks rode like a Mercedes.

Last edited:
And what is the battery life towing the weight?

Based on the 30 second "scientific" test it didn't drop much charge for that short tow. But, IIRC, drawing large amounts of power from batteries in a short amount of time is hard on them and shortens the overall life. So maybe not the best choice for daily hard labor.

Other than that, who can tow the most don't mean shit when you try to take that 3-4 ton curb weight monster to the hunting lease in wet red clay.

Beautiful car! Always loved those red-headed Italians…

I know some EVs, especially plug in hybrids like my wife’s car, integrate the electric motor into the drivetrain (usually replace the flywheel with an integrated generator/starter/motor), but yeah, think most pure EVs use some flavor of linear direct drive.

I’m no expert though, so could be way off base here…and too busy to research in-depth right now.

edit: pic thread rules, the wife’s hybrid:

i-CsVHHBG.jpg
tinEye'd with 11K hits, non of wife