• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

1707333177775.png

Some have been shot down via shotguns in Ukraine, there are some pretty good videos of it. The issue is that even if successful, the information feed has already gone back, so location, troop assets, etc are all known. Taking it down saves a life, but the info it acquires is also already sent back to be acted upon. What a lot of people don't seem to understand about these videos showing people being blown up is that they are taken by another drone that is observing. If you watch the videos the troops on the ground are focusing fire and all of their attention on that single drone. I'll leave it at that.

It isn't just technology, but its also tactics that are going to have to evolve. The world has changed and it really is no joke.
I was thinking camo netting and shotguns but if it is calling in artillery it doesn't mater... I am not looking forward to a potential CWII in the near dystopian future...

Some have been shot down via shotguns in Ukraine, there are some pretty good videos of it. The issue is that even if successful, the information feed has already gone back, so location, troop assets, etc are all known. Taking it down saves a life, but the info it acquires is also already sent back to be acted upon. What a lot of people don't seem to understand about these videos showing people being blown up is that they are taken by another drone that is observing. If you watch the videos the troops on the ground are focusing fire and all of their attention on that single drone. I'll leave it at that.

It isn't just technology, but its also tactics that are going to have to evolve. The world has changed and it really is no joke.
just read a book "next war" by john antal. recent up til 23. not up to the current hamas/IDF war. goes into great detail about drones and AI use in future wars. it is very scary. makes me wonder how any human,esp infantry but also armor,arty,motor T,logistics,all will be able to survive. also,kinda scary in laying out what will be required of future personnel in terms of intelligence,training,leadership and courage. doesn't seem to bode well for spontaneous armed citizen action like any of history's civil wars.

nothing unique here. us boomers had similar ones
Yep pull your chair back , put your head between your legs and kiss your ass goodbye ! Us boomers were even sold dog tags in elementary school , legend was they wouldn’t melt till some god awful temps. Sure made me feel safer 🥴

just read a book "next war" by john antal. recent up til 23. not up to the current hamas/IDF war. goes into great detail about drones and AI use in future wars. it is very scary. makes me wonder how any human,esp infantry but also armor,arty,motor T,logistics,all will be able to survive. also,kinda scary in laying out what will be required of future personnel in terms of intelligence,training,leadership and courage. doesn't seem to bode well for spontaneous armed citizen action like any of history's civil wars.
The AI horse is out of the barn and isn't going away. Too many counties working on it from the military side. The countries that don't keep up will be at serious risk. While it may be regulated tech for the citizenry, rest assured that from a defense point of view it is full steam ahead. Drones are the shiny object at the moment that everyone talks about regarding AI but the tech has a long way to go in all industries and won't stop.

Regarding personnel requirements, that gets into the cognitive load of service members, especially in the battlespace. Tech has done a great job of giving more information and options, but it has been recognized for some time that everyone at some point has trouble dealing with all the information that has to be consumed and then be utilized in an effective manner, all while trying to execute the mission. AI can help with that, but isn't where it will stop.

I don't know the right answer to many of these scenarios. I suspect that it lies within a spectrum of possibilities. The issue with that is that spectrum could be dependent upon the aperture of morality by those who have the budget to fund those projects as well as the opposing forces' use of AI. So, in my mind that means nothing stops so strategic advantage can be maintained.

The AI horse is out of the barn and isn't going away. Too many counties working on it from the military side. The countries that don't keep up will be at serious risk. While it may be regulated tech for the citizenry, rest assured that from a defense point of view it is full steam ahead. Drones are the shiny object at the moment that everyone talks about regarding AI but the tech has a long way to go in all industries and won't stop.

Regarding personnel requirements, that gets into the cognitive load of service members, especially in the battlespace. Tech has done a great job of giving more information and options, but it has been recognized for some time that everyone at some point has trouble dealing with all the information that has to be consumed and then be utilized in an effective manner, all while trying to execute the mission. AI can help with that, but isn't where it will stop.

I don't know the right answer to many of these scenarios. I suspect that it lies within a spectrum of possibilities. The issue with that is that spectrum could be dependent upon the aperture of morality by those who have the budget to fund those projects as well as the opposing forces' use of AI. So, in my mind that means nothing stops so strategic advantage can be maintained.
What could go wrong?

terminator-2-026-1536x951.1980x0.jpg

(Sorry, not very motivational)

Mike

It’s okay. We laugh at you too.
You ruined America, we were too apathetic the fix your damage. That's how we got to today. I accept my part but you will never take credit for yours. Make sure you hold on to that house you bought for 100k that's worth a million now, just to keep it out of the market while you bitch about young people not owning property.
I assume you're a giant twat in real life too. Probably super fun at parties. Just fucking die already. You are irrelevant.