• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

1522246055730.png

Frank was a misunderstood genius. Because he looked like a hippie and sang songs about freaks, people thought he was a degenerate druggie. Actually, he talked to kids about avoiding drugs and finding a voice. He probably rolled over in his grave when the Donald got elected, lol.

Due to being training partner the athletic director at Southern Illinois University, I got into a sound check on the sly when Frank and the Mothers were playing (Jean Luc Ponty / Petit Wazoo era) and listened to a couple of hours of rehearsal, sitting behind the sound board. During a break Frank walked up and asked who the fuck I was. We ended up shooting the shit for a half hour till the band got impatient.

I bought a 2017 Holden (Chevy SS) and absolutely love the car. Well built, fun to drive, handles well, and faster than anything I have owned. Factory closed last year. Seems like all of their auto Mfgring is now gone. What a shame.

Reactions: Barneybdb
Frank was a misunderstood genius. Because he looked like a hippie and sang songs about freaks, people thought he was a degenerate druggie. Actually, he talked to kids about avoiding drugs and finding a voice. He probably rolled over in his grave when the Donald got elected, lol.

Due to being training partner the athletic director at Southern Illinois University, I got into a sound check on the sly when Frank and the Mothers were playing (Jean Luc Ponty / Petit Wazoo era) and listened to a couple of hours of rehearsal, sitting behind the sound board. During a break Frank walked up and asked who the fuck I was. We ended up shooting the shit for a half hour till the band got impatient.

I doubt he rolled over in his grave... Frank was a Libertarian. A genius. A complete whack-job to some... but one whose understanding of the human psyche made Freud look like an idiot.

He would have appreciated Trump. Hell, he appreciated Reagan! He did NOT like Tipper Gore... and Al. He ripped them both.

Last... misunderstood???? Hardly. Those of us who grew up idolizing him (I saw him 5 times in concert growing up)... understood exactly what he was saying. Which is why I became a Republican, gun-owning, highly-educated whack job. Just like Uncle Frank!

Cheers,

Sirhr

P.S. I envy your experience talking to the man. He is one of the people I most would have liked to have lunch with. Robert McNamara and Bill Casey being among the others...

Last edited:

That is a great experience. Meeting a personality sheds a lot of light on their character. And yes, I know that leads right into...

Cults of Personality

Reactions: TripleBull
Last... misunderstood???? Hardly. Those of us who grew up idolizing him (I saw him 5 times in concert growing up)... understood exactly what he was saying. Which is why I became a Republican, gun-owning, highly-educated whack job. Just like Uncle Frank!

Cheers,

Sirhr

P.S. I envy your experience talking to the man. He is one of the people I most would have liked to have lunch with. Robert McNamara and Bill Casey being among the others...

I don't mean misunderstood by all. I mean by the status quo music industry back in the 60's. He re-wrote the industry. Like you, I idolized him. A large part of what I am was because he opened my mind. My youngest son "found" his music a year ago. I mean, he grew up with it playing but had to get into proper phase before he heard it.

Glad to hear you are one of the tribe.

If you haven't had a chance to hear Dweezil, it's worth the effort.

Reactions: sirhrmechanic
lol Now you're just being an attention whore. Stop it. Stop being an attention whore, with a funny accent. lmfao :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Dilly Dilly
No, no I am not being an attention whore. When I do that I am riding around my neighborhood on my Vespa while only wearing yellow ducky boots, a rainbow wig, a pink leather speedo and a Batman cape. Oh, I forgot the Oakley Madman sunglasses. Funny thing is the police will follow me around but never try to pull me over. :cool::cool::cool:

Reactions: 1J04 and Dirty D
I don't mean misunderstood by all. I mean by the status quo music industry back in the 60's. He re-wrote the industry. Like you, I idolized him. A large part of what I am was because he opened my mind. My youngest son "found" his music a year ago. I mean, he grew up with it playing but had to get into proper phase before he heard it.

Glad to hear you are one of the tribe.

If you haven't had a chance to hear Dweezil, it's worth the effort.

Sheik Yerbouti.....

Sir Richard Pumpaloaf......

No, no I am not being an attention whore. When I do that I am riding around my neighborhood on my Vespa while only wearing yellow ducky boots, a rainbow wig, a pink leather speedo and a Batman cape. Oh, I forgot the Oakley Madman sunglasses. Funny thing is the police will follow me around but never try to pull me over. :cool::cool::cool:
The assimilation is almost complete, muhahaha!

Reactions: 168BTHPM and 1J04
Sheik Yerbouti.....

Sir Richard Pumpaloaf......

Ha! I saw two shows from that tour. When they would sing "Broken Hearts are for Assholes", particularly the line: "ram it, ram it, ram it up yer poop chute", it was a blast to see the fragile-minded people freak out. At the Carbondale show, I got to move up from row 25 to row 5 due to those fragile sensibilities.

Ha! I saw two shows from that tour. When they would sing "Broken Hearts are for Assholes", particularly the line: "ram it, ram it, ram it up yer poop chute", it was a blast to see the fragile-minded people freak out. At the Carbondale show, I got to move up from row 25 to row 5 due to those fragile sensibilities.

Let us not forget Bobby Brown.

I was at a ballgame with my youngest (16 or 17) when he pointed out an obvious homo. I said, "Yeah, that's Bobby Brown." I played the song for him on the way home.

Let us not forget Bobby Brown.

I was at a ballgame with my youngest (16 or 17) when he pointed out an obvious homo. I said, "Yeah, that's Bobby Brown." I played the song for him on the way home.

"Oh, god I am the American dream,
With a spindle up my butt till it makes me scream
An' I'll do anything to get ahead
I lay awake nights sayin, ' "Thank you, Fred!"
Oh God, Oh God, I'm so fantastic!
Thanks to Freddie, I'm a sexual spastic
And my name is Bobby Brown
Watch me now; I'm goin' down,
Watch me now; I'm goin' down,"

Frank liked to push people's buttons. Jewish Princess, anyone?

"Oh, god I am the American dream,
With a spindle up my butt till it makes me scream
An' I'll do anything to get ahead
I lay awake nights sayin, ' "Thank you, Fred!"
Oh God, Oh God, I'm so fantastic!
Thanks to Freddie, I'm a sexual spastic
Watch me now; I'm goin' down,
Watch me now; I'm goin' down,"

Frank liked to push people's buttons. Jewish Princess, anyone?

I want a nasty little Jewish Princess
With long phony nails and a hairdo that rinses
A horny little Jewish Princess
With a garlic aroma that could level Tacoma
Lonely inside
Well, she can swallow my pride

Another insightful song is "Flakes."