• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

36655998_10213007230960534_5775738175594954752_n.jpg

Just remember, this is how our cousins across the pond see us today....:cool:

View attachment 6918981

Nah, Jumper. Most of them recognize that without American Sherman Tanks, they would all be goose-stepping to the Bier-Hall for a Beck;s, right about now....

The younger ones... meh... not so much.

But most of them recognize that the ungrateful colonials saved their asses twice.

The French on the other hand.... Dont' get me started...

Cheers,

Sirhr

If anyone wants to get all technical and historical.... the British had the Brown Bess Musket. A fine, reliable weapon for volley fire. Line a lot of cannon-fodder up in linear formations and fire off enough Brown Bess rounds and you might hit a few people or barn doors. More likely the latter.

The Colonials had a much higher-percentage of rifles. Not all of them. In fact, probably a minority. But the Colonials had grown up with their weapons. Most since 8 or 10. And in the wealthier suburbs of Boston, the kids had "Childrens Rifles" or muskets built for them as soon as they were 6 or 7. The British troops were levies. Draftees, is another word. Incompetent in the use of Arms. Utterly, amazingly competent in the rote drill of linear formations. They could load and volley fire and not retreat... in machine-like fashion.

The Colonials, on the other hand, were versed in the art of stalking. Camouflage. Shooting their personal arms... or they did not eat. They could shoot a musket 100 yards and hit a deer every time. They could shoot a rifle 300 yards and hit a deer... every time. A red-coated soldier with a pair of white bands across his uniform... was a big juicy target.

The Colonials did not have military-grade weapons. Military-grade weapons were inferior units that were "Private Proof" and fine for use in big lines of troops (linear formations) and would hit 1 in 50 targets.

Today... I'd argue that the balance is about the same WRT small arms. And in most cases, citizens are better shots than anyone but infantry, line and special units. But that's just my opinion. I'm probably wrong. ;-)

Cheers,

Sirhr

Kind of late in the day but some good video tributes to those that served and those that never came home.

Though they didn't serve in the military in my opinion its still fitting.

I wish I was eloquent with words but I'm not. I came across this photo on the original hide. The person that took this photo, if my memory serves me happened to come across this scene early one morning and couldn't pass up the eagle watching over our fallen. The solemn and simplicity of the scene I always felt was quite remarkable and touching.
Eagle and comarads.jpg

Libtards, even in Denmark

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

I am on duty for this 4JULY celebration. In my 28 years serving my community, I have been away from my family for more holidays than not. I am proud to serve this great country. It has given me everything I have and will be, and for that I am eternally grateful. With that said gentlemen, have a safe watch and remember what make us all great. The second pic is me at a recent fire.

Attachments

• IMG_1614.jpg
    IMG_1614.jpg
    363.9 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_3273.JPG
    IMG_3273.JPG
    450.8 KB · Views: 186
I am on duty for this 4JULY celebration. In my 28 years serving my community, I have been away from my family for more holidays than not. I am proud to serve this great country. It has given me everything I have and will be, and for that I am eternally grateful. With that said gentlemen, have a safe watch and remember what make us all great. The second pic is me at a recent fire.
Yeah the Holiday calendar always seems to be tilted against my shift too. I'm retired now and getting to spend them all with the family. At least we got to spend them with our Brothers. Be safe

Reactions: jungle45
36781681_1711398988957576_8181640496737681408_n.jpg

Catniss Everdeen she ain't! I like the scope calibration X on her FUPA... though I think that's technicall a pig nose. Which, really, is under the gas mask.

Seriously... if that's their army... bring it, bitches. And bull-dykes.

Cheers,

Sirhr
If something ever happens to you, make sure a good friend wipes your search engine clean.

If something ever happens to you, make sure a good friend wipes your search engine clean.

I plan to go out in epic fashion... with a huge pile of brass around my feet and a coroner who says "Damn... this guy knew how to live!"

Heck, I was told I would not make it past 30 in my line of work... which was marketing. It's a young guy's game anyway.

Cheers,

Sirhr

I plan to go out in epic fashion... with a huge pile of brass around my feet and a coroner who says "Damn... this guy knew how to live!"

Heck, I was told I would not make it past 30 in my line of work... which was marketing. It's a young guy's game anyway.

Cheers,

Sirhr

I had always pictured you as more Mergers & Acquisitions.

Reactions: jungle45 and 1J04