• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

Wayne County Speed Shop
Isn't that the shop cheating with nitrous in NHRA Pro Stock in the early 90s?
And if memory serves me correctly they were allegedly cocaine dealers and cocaine heads.

I think Darrell Alderman was driving back when they got in trouble.
Scott-G.jpg

Reactions: lash and FWoo45
Wayne County Speed Shop
Isn't that the shop cheating with nitrous in NHRA Pro Stock in the early 90s?
And if memory serves me correctly they were allegedly cocaine dealers and cocaine heads.

Yes on nitrous cheats. Sneaky fuckers, they were. They would have put their own mothers on the street corner to shave a tenth of a second. Really good guys to get to know though. Total wrench nerds. I never saw any coke there, but we'd crack brewskis in the shop. The NHRA pit explosion kinda pissed on their parade. Got banned for that. Then all hell broke loose and they never recovered. But they would fight like the devil to improve the power curve or the reliability of a tune. I learned alot about carbs, injectors and setup. Combined with the Donahue suspension mods, that Z was a killer road car.

I really want to see an Accel dual point distributor run 7000+ RPM.
I will pay $50k CASH for one that is still using points and able to run an engine at 9000 RPM.

Back in the day, when I worked on that shit, every day, all day, the only fix for that shit was to throw out one set of points and run single.
It was either that or swap in a Pertronix magnetic pickup and be done with it.
Yes, I had a SUN distributor blueprinting machine. You put the distributor on it, plug in the wires and vacuum, and spin the distributor to test point bounce, mechanical and vac curves and tweak them for whatever setup's best performance.
I have never seen points run 8k rpm reliably, hell 6k is iffy.

Reactions: Skunk and savages
I don't hate anyone your words I choose not to associate with them
It’s still stupid as fuck, you’re a grown man. If you’re butthurt about some shit decades ago that more than likely didn’t hurt you personally there’s something wrong with you lol. You also had to make the bitch fit public so everyone’s knows you’re up on your high horse.

I don’t dislike you, just think the post and feelings you have about something like racing are dumb.

“I’m not going to talk to you because you knew some people *crosses arms and scowls*

It’s still stupid as fuck, you’re a grown man. If you’re butthurt about some shit decades ago that more than likely didn’t hurt you personally there’s something wrong with you lol. You also had to make the bitch fit public so everyone’s knows you’re up on your high horse.

I don’t dislike you, just think the post and feeling you have about something like racing are dumb.
Talk about calling the kettle black.

Reactions: Bullfrog08
Talk about calling the kettle black.
No, I have zero people ignored. Also there’s a difference between calling someone out on their bullshit and starting some bullshit with a post like “I don’t like you or you’re car...ignore.” If I did that we would be a pot and kettle, but that’s not the case.

I imagined a little kid “hmmmpfing” pouting and crossing their arms reading it though which made me laugh lol. Stop being butt hurt over stupid shit from 25-30 years ago. You don’t be hard pressed to find a winning race team that doesn’t cheat at some point...that’s why they win.

You're an idiot cheaters are cheaters winners read the rulebook and find work around within the rulebook.
I worked in race shops and did tech inspection, but what do I know right? The it’s a work around when you don’t get caught, when someone else gets caught you scream they are cheaters. Seen it a bunch, and it’s usually the guy screaming about cheaters that’s doing something fishy.

Why do you think rule books get so in depth? You do a “work around” get caught and now it’s cheating when it’s added to the rule book.

Also here we go again, you’re butthurt about some shit THREE DECADES AGO, but I’m the idiot...did they beat you? Did you even compete directly against them? You can’t even keep your feelings out of this lol.

Reactions: lash and FWoo45
If you're using a workaround you're not cheating there hasn't been a rule written against what you're doing within the rulebook this is why rules are written in the rulebook and yes I still think you're an idiot.

I worked in race shops and did tech inspection, but what do I know right? The it’s a work around when you don’t get caught, when someone else gets caught you scream they are cheaters. Seen it a bunch, and it’s usually the guy screaming about cheaters that’s doing something fishy.

Why do you think rule books get so in depth? You do a “work around” get caught and now it’s cheating when it’s added to the rule book.
See Smoky Yunick.

He wrote the book on cheating within the rules.

If you're using a workaround you're not cheating there hasn't been a rule written against what you're doing within the rulebook this is why rules are written in the rulebook and yes I still think you're an idiot.
You’re a more than likely middle aged or older cry baby...I’d take being called an idiot over that.

That was my problem with Mike Sullivan and Wayne County they knew the rules and instead of finding a workaround within the rulebook they absolutely 100% cheated to win multiple NHRA championships and that pushed dozens of teams right out of the sport.

That was my problem with Mike Sullivan and Wayne County they knew the rules and instead of finding a workaround within the rulebook they absolutely 100% cheated to win multiple NHRA championships and that pushed dozens of teams right out of the sport.
Did you directly race against them? Personally you, you owning or driving in the same class personally beat by them?

Reactions: Steel+Killer
I’ve never met an old racer that didn’t have cheating stories and I've met a bunch. They did it to feed there families who would starve if they didn’t win not just for bragging rights back then Nd most all of them did it. I have family that worked on teams and people like family who built the cars.

Right, wrong, whatever it was 30 years ago....get over it.

Last edited:
Or has industry support for it:

That particular kit has been around since the mid 80's. It wasn't a cataloged item then. HRM did a story on the NOS factory and had a small picture of it but no explanation. I was able to puzzle out the part number on the cardboard backer and had a friend at a speed shop call them and inquire since it wasn't listed anywhere. Since the cat was out of the bag with the picture they told him it was a "Sneeky Pete" and made for hidden use with a slightly rich fuel system. I bought one just for the novelty of it but never used it, just a curiosity for the garage.

Reactions: loboman7x57
Or has industry support for it:

That particular kit has been around since the mid 80's. It wasn't a cataloged item then. HRM did a story on the NOS factory and had a small picture of it but no explanation. I was able to puzzle out the part number on the cardboard backer and had a friend at a speed shop call them and inquire since it wasn't listed anywhere. Since the cat was out of the bag with the picture they told him it was a "Sneeky Pete" and made for hidden use with a slightly rich fuel system. I bought one just for the novelty of it but never used it, just a curiosity for the garage.
The street racers used the shit out of them

View attachment 7877749
Jesus fucking christ…just stop.

Take it to PMs or put each other on ignore…just. Fucking. Stop.

Rules:

i-NNwRqXX-M.jpg
I’m not a bitch I don’t ignore people, hence my calling out people’s bullshit...can’t ignore it. People act like they do because they don’t get called out on their bullshittery. Also, he didn’t want it in PMs obviously since he called out a guy for nothing here and wanted everyone to know he was butthurt and ignoring the guy lol

9BD6B423-E57C-4AA2-86CC-0DCDFB1134AD.gif

Last edited:
i live just the other side of the mountain from Jr. Johnsons old race shop in the (70's) it was really crazy some of the stuff.. they tried & did...i believe the line was "It's not cheating till you get caught"

Reactions: jrassy and lash