• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

279491559_356767056509402_2563694997025085405_n.jpg

How many days holiday from your employer or even public holidays to you in the USA get as standard?
When I was working I got all eleven federal holidays plus 6 weeks of vacation and 7 personal days, but I retired last Thursday so now every day is a holiday. Unless @carbonbased wants to argue about which type of racing is best. :cool:

Unless @carbonbased wants to argue about which type of racing is best. :cool:
This isn't "racing", but it's always been a fantasy of mine to pass people in a traffic jam by using a Baja 1000 truck running down the interstate median. This gif is as close as I could get (love that style of Ford too):

car-smoke.gif

But really, I'll never be as cool as this little girl. Never.

speed-i-am-speed.gif

Where I currently work, they start at one week and top out at 3. I started at 3 and get another week every 2 years. DON'T BE A CUNT.

• Haha
Reactions: Dirty D
Did I mention the roll over? Company standard is no rollover. All my unused hours roll over. On top of my 4 weeks for next year I have 92 hours left from last year and my anniversary is in 2 weeks. DON'T BE A CUNT.

• Haha
Reactions: Dirty D
He is worse than a cunt.
He's eurotrash.

Don't call be a European (we managed to leave that evil club) I am English (born and bred).
Did I mention the roll over? Company standard is no rollover. All my unused hours roll over. On top of my 4 weeks for next year I have 92 hours left from last year and my anniversary is in 2 weeks. DON'T BE A CUNT.

Civil question, DON'T BE A TWAT!

Reactions: cas6969
The reason I asked a civil question is I had been lead to believe that Americans don't get many standard days holiday per year.

This is the 2023 Bank holidays (Scotland have different ones).

Upcoming bank holidays in England and Wales2023
2 JanuaryMondayNew Year’s Day (substitute day)
7 AprilFridayGood Friday
10 AprilMondayEaster Monday
1 MayMondayEarly May bank holiday
29 MayMondaySpring bank holiday
28 AugustMondaySummer bank holiday
25 DecemberMondayChristmas Day
26 DecemberTuesdayBoxing Day

As for holidays, most companies offer 25 days annual holiday which increases with service (i.e. accrue additional days usually per five years worked).

Don't call be a European (we managed to leave that evil club) I am English (born and bred).

Civil question, DON'T BE A TWAT

The reason I asked a civil question is I had been lead to believe that Americans don't get many standard days holiday per year.

7 AprilFridayGood Friday

As for holidays, most companies offer 25 days annual holiday which increases with service (i.e. accrue additional days usually per five years worked).
Holiday vs vacation days is a slightly different question. Government and bank employees get them all. Everyone not sucking at the Gov titty plays a different game. I've worked for companies where the day is off unpaid, where some days are paid, where no days are paid, and where all days are paid. At least for the real "Major" holidays. Not the made up woke bullshit ones. "Major" would be New Years, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.

Reactions: lash

Civil question, DON'T BE A TWAT!
So you're Eurotrash that's pasty as fuck and have teefs that point every which direction. Euro trash is euro trash, last I checked, Brexit didn't make you a new continent, maybe a new cuntinent.

Let’s see , we have try to buy votes from the blacks day. And try to buy votes from the Italians day, and try to buy votes from the unions day, try to buy votes from the war weary day and a new try to buy votes from the blacks day…. our holidays are a history lesson in which voting group was big at the time. Political pandering is timeless.

Last edited:

7 AprilFridayGood Friday

How many weeks do you have to wait to see a doctor???

How many weeks do you have to wait to see a doctor???
I work for an International Company. Some of the confusion is the verbiage. In the U.S., we get the "Corporate Holidays" as illustrated in previous post. We also get Vacation. Currently I am at four weeks of vacation plus the 12 Corporate Holiday. Perhaps that is the confusion? I have heard UK counter parts refer to Vacation as Holiday. P.S. I tore flexor and extensor tendons in three toes, right foot. Three days to get an appointment. Two days later, MRI. I was in surgery within 9 days of injury (I actually delayed 2 days to fit better the Boss (Wife) schedule).

This isn't "racing", but it's always been a fantasy of mine to pass people in a traffic jam by using a Baja 1000 truck running down the interstate median. This gif is as close as I could get (love that style of Ford too):

But really, I'll never be as cool as this little girl. Never.

I once did something similar to that with my friend many years ago during an ice storm.
The highway was all iced over so traffic was simply at a crawl for hours.
There was a wide empty shoulder that was piled with a foot of fresh snow, I had nice new aggressive off road tyres.
Locked the axles on my truck and we went powering thought the fresh snow shoulder, which gave us great traction while all the cars on the road were gingerly crawling along the road which was a solid sheet of ice from cars having driven over the snow previously enough to melt it and then let it freeze back into a sheet of ice.
I'm pretty sure lots of folks thought I was crazy, but we made it to work much faster than them.