• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

Chicago.jpg

i just lined up a flight in a b-17 with my brother in mid may.

kind of a day in the lift of WW2 air crew

allowed to get in the functioning ball turret while in flight

will also get to drop a few dummy bombs at a pickle barrel, using the nordson up front

should be a epic day

Cost? I don't think that is a B-17, B24? Or just an old photo?

Reactions: J-Rat
The character Nimoy played in Star Trek was absolutely, definitely, 100% NOT called Doctor Spock. Doctor Spock was an American paediatrician who wrote books about looking after children. The Vulcan science officer of the USS Enterprise was called MISTER Spock.
Perhaps you actually missed the play on words there, sparky.

1677678262928.jpeg

i just lined up a flight in a b-17 with my brother in mid may.

kind of a day in the lift of WW2 air crew

allowed to get in the functioning ball turret while in flight

will also get to drop a few dummy bombs at a pickle barrel, using the nordson up front

should be a epic day
I hopped a flight in a B17, bare bones 30 min flight. If I recall, a nose seat cost 200 more, and I really didn't want to crawl in there. Ball turret and tail gunner slots were not an option, and by looking at both, I came to the conclusion that most high school juniors today would never fit in either.
If you are 5'6', -150, GTG!

Cost? I don't think that is a B-17, B24? Or just an old photo?
still in getting the particulars figured out as we want to drop more shit lol

we were lined up last year but there was a maintenance issue

the lady said the 24 is more visual for dropping because the rack is open and you see them slide out

but she said if your into it, the 17 is pinnacle of the experience

i believe we get 1-2 drops each but we said that 1-2 just wont do it lol

they said being in the ball turret while in the air some people get motion sickness, so ill be drugged up with a barf bag

as i get more info ill post it

link

I hopped a flight in a B17, bare bones 30 min flight. If I recall, a nose seat cost 200 more, and I really didn't want to crawl in there. Ball turret and tail gunner slots were not an option, and by looking at both, I came to the conclusion that most high school juniors today would never fit in either.
That makes sense. A friend's father was a ball turret gunner; he's about 5'4" and I'm sure his father wasn't any taller.

Reactions: Milo 2.5
i did one of those in 2003, no ball turret i forget if they allowed the tail

there was a 24 and a 17, the 24 had the tail gun open but was not flying that afternoon

was over my parents house and i saw a 17 fly over, low

i told my wife, get a ride home with my sister in law im going to track down where he is landing...wasnt happy

was a perfect summer day, even had the top hatch behind the top hump open so we could stick our heads out

50's in the windows and top turret

bombardier seat was open, i have a few pics of me in it "looking"

this wont be cheap but its a once in a lifetime event

Reactions: Crewdog135
i did one of those in 2003, no ball turret i forget if they allowed the tail

there was a 24 and a 17, the 24 had the tail gun open but was not flying that afternoon

was over my parents house and i saw a 17 fly over, low

i told my wife, get a ride home with my sister in law im going to track down where he is landing...wasnt happy

was a perfect summer day, even had the top hatch behind the top hump open so we could stick our heads out

50's in the windows and top turret

bombardier seat was open, i have a few pics of me in it "looking"

this wont be cheap but its a once in a lifetime event
Have fun! Surreal was the word I used when we landed. I took our godson up, and promised the younger brother we would do it again next yr when he turned 12, min age. They never came back, yr we flew, covid and their turnout was limited at best.
I was just warning you on the ball turret thing, you better be diminutive in size, like the guys that did fly missions, and balls, 5 times bigger than mine, lol

Reactions: lash and brianf
The pediatrician's name was "Benjamin." Benjamin Spock.

iu
Spock didn't spend 4 years in Starfleet Academy earning a Science Officer Commission and the rank of Lieutenant Commander for some schmuck to call him Mister.

Besides the last "Red Shirt" that called him Mister had to do flutter kicks till he begged for the Vulcan Death Grip.

Have fun! Surreal was the word I used when we landed. I took our godson up, and promised the younger brother we would do it again next yr when he turned 12, min age. They never came back, yr we flew, covid and their turnout was limited at best.
I was just warning you on the ball turret thing, you better be diminutive in size, like the guys that did fly missions, and balls, 5 times bigger than mine, lol
im 5 10" but i lift weights so im bulky up top

i might be covered in butter to squeeze in if i make it

they have one on the ground that they see if you fit, to begin with

but as long as the hatch closes for 5 min it good enough for me

5'4", 60% mortality rate.

Spock didn't spend 4 years in Starfleet Academy earning a Science Officer Commission and the rank of Lieutenant Commander for some schmuck to call him Mister.

Besides the last "Red Shirt" that called him Mister had to do flutter kicks till he begged for the Vulcan Death Grip.

Why not? Surgeons in the UK, Rep. of Ireland, and other "commonwealth" nations (who earned an MD degree and did all that time in residency etc. etc.) are still called "Mister." Only physicians in "Internal Medicine" and related areas, etc. are called "Doctor."

Why are male Surgeons called "Mister"

ETA: How do you know that Spock's education and training at Starfleet actually earned him a Doctorate degree?

Last edited:
Reactions: Barneybdb and fx77
im 5 10" but i lift weights so im bulky up top

i might be covered in butter to squeeze in if i make it

they have one on the ground that they see if you fit, to begin with

but as long as the hatch closes for 5 min it good enough for me
Father was a ball turret gunner in a B-24 with the 829th of the 485th flying out of Turin during WWII. They have static display of a B-24 with a ball turret next to it at the Pima Air Museum. That thing is really small and never figured out how he fit in it let alone for hours on end during a mission.

Father was a ball turret gunner in a B-24 with the 829th of the 485th flying out of Turin during WWII. They have static display of a B-24 with a ball turret next to it at the Pima Air Museum. That thing is really small and never figured out how he fit in it let alone for hours on end during a mission.
ill tell you how

drafted
young (and stupid lol)
not being a pussy

90% of problems in life are solved by not being a pussy..we used to understand that

they have one on the ground to practice getting in and to make sure you fit

ill tell you how

drafted
young (and stupid lol)
not being a pussy

90% of problems in life are solved by not being a pussy..we used to understand that

they have one on the ground to practice getting in and to make sure you fit
Lol, truth!
But as a whole, people are considerably larger than in 1944 and it's not all the mcdonalds crowd.
Let us know when you don't fit!

Reactions: lash
Last edited:
  • Haha