• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

357566206_222689920681684_926452506063796660_n.jpg

I used to live at the camp ground and I ran the ferry there, 26 years ago, wasn’t sure if they had maybe built some house around there…..…..
That’s around the time I quit fishing there. Too many people. Right now the limit is 12 reds/day on the Russian. You can’t stir the fishermen with a stick. Craziness.

I've never reported anyone on the hide. Check your name calling so you don't become the first.

what would you report me for LOL?

He blasted me for "not quoting his whole post"...

I quoted his whole post. Not sure what else he wanted me to quote...

I saw them about 6-7 years ago in a local smaller venue. They were actually quite good and the show was very enjoyable. I’d go again.

My wife asked why they keep performing as they must be rich now. So I looked up the various members net worths as listed. Not one was very much over $1 million. That’s not much to retire on.

Plus, maybe they actually like live performing and the road still, who knows. If I recall correctly only two members were original, lead guitar and drums.
Saw them in about '77. One of the loudest, most painful shows I ever attended.......

• Wow
Reactions: lash
Saw them in about '77. One of the loudest, most painful shows I ever attended.......
Well I saw them in early ‘78 at Redwing stadium in Michigan in January. By the time the musicians took the stage, you couldn’t see them for the pot smoke. I don’t remember them being loud, but maybe don’t remember much else about that concert either. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤪

I Guess I am an old fart. I wear ear plugs when I go to concerts now. My wife too. Fuck Tinnitus.

I don't have Tinnitus presently, but I don't go to concerts at all, period. The audience behavior distracts me from enjoying the music. I'd much rather enjoy it in the quiet of my home where I can focus on the music. I might go to a classical concert or two... maybe a big band jazz concert (if you can find one these days). Nothing else.

I don't have Tinnitus presently, but I don't go to concerts at all, period. The audience behavior distracts me from enjoying the music. I'd much rather enjoy it in the quiet of my home where I can focus on the music. I might go to a classical concert or two... maybe a big band jazz concert (if you can find one these days). Nothing else.

I think you are missing the point. Concert goers are there to be seen. Fuck the band and their music. Drop a couple K or more to see Taylor Swift or the Boss and it gives you cool cred.

I did go see Jason Isbell a year ago at Red Rocks and it was a great time. I used to do a show or two per month but it my old age, I'd spend too much time saying "In MY day...."

• Haha
Reactions: Charlie112
I think you are missing the point. Concert goers are there to be seen. Fuck the band and their music. Drop a couple K or more to see Taylor Swift or the Boss and it gives you cool cred.

All the more justification for me *not* to go, then. I can't think of one artist these days worthy of me dropping a "couple K." I don't need/desire the "cred."

I did go see Jason Isbell a year ago at Red Rocks and it was a great time. I used to do a show or two per month but it my old age, I'd spend too much time saying "In MY day...."

I don't recall my last concert. it was a "big band jazz" concert, though. Big band Jazz and classical concerts are, actually, worth going to see in person, as the live sound is much better than any recording... even a DDD digital recording.

Reactions: TACC