• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

These signs are actually quite common down here....

1699604726957.png

BTDT. It's the CBP checkpoint when you are diving (or touring) on the St. Lawrence River from Canada to the US side. If the Canadian charter boat is going to cross over to the NY side of the St. Lawrence, they have to land on that white strip you see and allow the CBP officers to check everyone on the boat. You have to show the officer your passport and you have to take off your hat and sunglasses before the CBP officer approaches you. You cannot hide your identity. And it's all pre-arranged in advance by the tour company with CBP, every day you do it.

The charter boats have to travel a certain route from the Canadian side (usually Rockport) to get to Boldt Castle, lest the CBP people on patrol in the speed boats think they're trying to sneak into the Country. They will get stopped. After the boat is cleared, they have a specific route they take away from the dock/platform and on to the NY side of the river. There is also a specific route that must be taken to get back into Canada. The Canadian Customs do not patrol the river in speed boats, though. I never saw any on the river anyway. I saw tons of US CBP speed boats. I'm pretty sure the CBP people know the standard charter boats that are always out there, crossing like that. And there is no equivalent structure for checking passports for entering Canada on the river. The boat operator simply calls it in on a cell phone.

Last edited:
Wrong. Get the scent. Appreciate the scent.

.always sanitize the hotel room remote, light switches, and door knows when you get in there.

Yup. Supposedly, the item in most hotel and other rooms with the most germs on it (and needs the most sanitizing).... is the TV Remote!

Last edited:
Reactions: clcustom1911
Yup. Supposedly, the the item in most hotel and other rooms with the most germs on it (and needs the most sanitizing).... is the TV Remote!
my uncle use to manage a hotel

Bring a few ziplocks..one for the remote

And never touch the bed spread/topper. They are rarely washed

Of course there are more but those 2 are primary

BTDT. It's the CBP checkpoint when you are diving (or touring) on the St. Lawrence River from Canada to the US side. If the Canadian charter boat is going to cross over to the NY side of the St. Lawrence, they have to land on that white strip you see and allow the CBP officers to check everyone on the boat. You have to show the officer your passport and you have to take off your hat and sunglasses before the CBP officer approaches you. You cannot hide your identity. And it's all pre-arranged in advance by the tour company with CBP, every day you do it.

The charter boats have to travel a certain route from the Canadian side (usually Rockport) to get to Boldt Castle, lest the CBP people on patrol in the speed boats think they're trying to sneak into the Country. They will get stopped. After the boat is cleared, they have a specific route they take away from the dock/platform and on to the NY side of the river. There is also a specific route that must be taken to get back into Canada. The Canadian Customs do not patrol the river in speed boats, though. I never saw any on the river anyway. I saw tons of US CBP speed boats. I'm pretty sure the CBP people know the standard charter boats that are always out there, crossing like that. And there is no equivalent structure for checking passports for entering Canada on the river. The boat operator simply calls it in on a cell phone.
I've been many times. Last time was in 2013. I imagine they're either done or very close to being done with the restorations by now. I remember the first time going in the early 80s and it was very dilapidated.

Reactions: lash
Right off I-8 between Gila Bend and Casa Grande.
Ooh Gila Bend... Speed trap area!

Course when you're doing 120mph like a friend of a friend was doing on his 'Busa, they pay attention to you. Dood was one of those 'take the helmet off. Take the gloves off. Eff around in the tank bag' at the gas-n-go gas stop types so my buddy and I left him to eff around taking his sweet time.

Hauls ass up to me, flips me off, then hammers on the throttle again.

Right behind him was a cop car.

He got a reckless with speed ticket for that 120 which means he was likely going faster at one point

M

I was on a meeting once when the boss started spouting about the being no I in team. I was contemplating a job offer at the time and had had enough of his bullshit so I said you're right, but there is a u in cunt. The room went silent. I stood up and headed off to the pay office and started the new job the next day.

I was on a meeting once when the boss started spouting about the being no I in team. I was contemplating a job offer at the time and had had enough of his bullshit so I said you're right, but there is a u in cunt. The room went silent. I stood up and headed off to the pay office and started the new job the next day.

Also an M and E.

One evening just outside the A Shau valley, my platoon set up for the night. It was early evening, almost dusk. We made a cold camp since we had been in contact of had seen NVA all day. No food, no hootches, and no holes, just scrape a depression in the ground.
As I lay there listening to the sounds of the forest around us waiting for NVA to come into our ambush, I heard a buzzing noise. It got louder and louder. The buzzing was accompanied by the occasional crack as whatever was flying toward us ran into saplings and branches. Eventually it buzzed past me, a huge beetle with orange wings and iridescent blue/black carapaces. It had to be 4” across!
I looked over at the team RTO, he whispered, “Gook Air Support”.

Attachments

• IMG_5686.jpeg
    IMG_5686.jpeg
    773.5 KB · Views: 178
The other one that was pointed out to me once...If you are on a TEAM, you can EAT MATE MEAT almost any time.