• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

You could buy a 1650+ horse power street engine from Sonny's that runs on pump gas and doesn't have an air pump for a modest $96K. Granted it's 940 cubic inches. Sonny's sells a 903 inch pro mod engine that makes 2900+ horse power on race gas with laughing gas, but without an air pump. This could make 10K horse power with a screw pump and running on 97% nitro.

Would rather have a Steve Morris SMX...

Probably 20-22 with warmup.

They dont, from what I understand, "warm up". They run no coolant as the blocks are solid and the oil is pre-warmed and circulated.

Because he is a Fat Fuck!

Even when he is talking it sounds like he has cold cuts in his mouth.
Correct. He is a fat rhino fuck that single handedly gave the election to O'Shithead with his moonlight stroll down the beach, hand-in-hand, head on his shoulder. I wouldn't vote for that piece of shit if he was running against Hitler.

1702392448440.png

Rules
1702392536058.png

We were playing with the Navy fleet one day many years ago of the southern Comifornia coast. Had a flight of four F-4Gs. I was coordinating with them on the phone and asked if we could do a flyby after we were done. Was told to just not go supersonic over the deck. Outstanding!!

Get down there a there was a solid marine layer all the way to the water. Fuck.

Some of you may have seen this, some of it may be rubbish, and I know it’s old. In any case I don’t have the experience to know, but even if part of it’s correct it’s impressive.

Enjoy:

* One Top Fuel dragster 500 cubic-inch Hemi engine makes more horsepower than the first 4 rows at the Daytona 500.

* Under full throttle, a dragster engine consumes 11.2 gallons of nitro methane per second; a fully loaded 747 consumes jet fuel at the same rate with 25% less energy being produced.

* A stock Dodge Hemi V8 engine cannot produce enough power to merely drive the dragster’s supercharger.

* With 3000 CFM of air being rammed in by the supercharger on overdrive, the fuel mixture is compressed into a near-solid form before ignition. Cylinders run on the verge of hydraulic lock at full throttle.

* At the stoichiometric 1.7:1 air/fuel mixture for nitro methane the flame front temperature measures 7050 degrees F.

* Nitro methane burns yellow. The spectacular white flame seen above the stacks at night is raw burning hydrogen, dissociated from atmospheric water vapor by the searing exhaust gases.

* Dual magnetos supply 44 amps to each spark plug. This is the output of an arc welder in each cylinder.

* Spark plug electrodes are totally consumed during a pass. After 1/2 way, the engine is dieseling from compression plus the glow of exhaust valves at 1400 degrees F. The engine can only be shut down by cutting the fuel flow.

* If spark momentarily fails early in the run, unburned nitro builds up in the affected cylinders and then explodes with sufficient force to blow cylinder heads off the block in pieces or split the block in half.

* Dragsters reach over 300 MPH before you have completed reading this sentence.

* In order to exceed 300 MPH in 4.5 seconds, dragsters must accelerate an average of over 4 G’s. In order to reach 200 MPH well before half-track, the launch acceleration approaches 8 G’s.

* Top Fuel engines turn approximately 540 revolutions from light to light!

* Including the burnout, the engine must only survive 900 revolutions under load.

* The redline is actually quite high at 9500 RPM.

* THE BOTTOM LINE: Assuming all the equipment is paid off, the crew worked for free, & for once, NOTHING BLOWS UP, each run costs an estimated $1,000 per second.

The current Top Fuel dragster elapsed time record is 4.441 seconds for the quarter-mile (10/05/03, Tony Schumacher). The top speed record is 333.00 MPH (533 km/h) as measured over the last 66′ of the run (09/28/03, Doug Kalitta).

Putting this all into perspective:

Lets say the you are driving the average $140,000 Lingenfelter twin-turbo powered Corvette Z06.

Over a mile up the road, a Top Fuel dragster is staged & ready to launch down a quarter-mile strip as you pass by it. You have the advantage of a flying start. You run the ‘Vette hard up through the gears and blast across the starting line & pass the dragster at an honest 200 MPH. Just as you pass the Top Fuel Dragster the ‘tree’ goes green for both of you.

The dragster launches & starts after you. You keep your foot down hard, but you hear an incredibly brutal whine that sears your eardrums & within 3 seconds the dragster catches & passes you. He beats you to the finish line, a quarter-mile away from where you just passed him. Think about it – from a standing start, the dragster had spotted you 200 MPH & not only caught, but nearly blasted you off the road when he passed you within a mere 1320 foot long race!

Would rather have a Steve Morris SMX...

They dont, from what I understand, "warm up". They run no coolant as the blocks are solid and the oil is pre-warmed and circulated.
I'm aware of how it works.

They definitely start them and let them run up before they race after rebuild and before staging. They check timing, go over everything, and put some heat in it. You don't heat the oil and run the block cold and full throttle immediately.

I'm related to someone who worked on them, and I hung around owner/drivers. As well as previous world record holding door slammers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Barneybdb and lash
A lot of the time at brandings, the kids who are too little to wrestle will take the nuts from us cutters and carry them over to a bucket.

Saves us OG's some steps

Well one time this little girl walked up to me and I handed her another pair but her hands were full already.
She looked down at them, smiled at me and stuffed them in her coat pockets
She kept this up for the rest of the branding

Boy did we catch hell from her mother when we got back to the house for dinner and drink:ROFLMAO:🤠

We were playing with the Navy fleet one day many years ago of the southern Comifornia coast. Had a flight of four F-4Gs. I was coordinating with them on the phone and asked if we could do a flyby after we were done. Was told to just not go supersonic over the deck. Outstanding!!

Get down there a there was a solid marine layer all the way to the water. Fuck.
Solid marine layer?

Whats that, never heard the term

Thanks

The California current comes down from Alaska. The ocean off of the coast of Cali is cold (ever Notice all the surfers there are in wet suits and nobody is in the water at the beaches?)

the result is a fog layer just offshore over the water called the Marine Layer. When the inland valley heats up it causes the air to rise, this has the effect of pulling air in toward the coast from the ocean the result is that you get areas completely socked in during the summer. (I worked at Diablo Canyon Nuclear Station for 18 months).
There are lots of images, but this one provides scale :)

1702414204311.jpeg

Moro Bay can look like a set from a vampire movie for days on end. Fog swirling around looks like something from a stage performance

The California current comes down from Alaska. The ocean off of the coast of Cali is cold (ever Notice all the surfers there are in wet suits and nobody is in the water at the beaches?)

the result is a fog layer just offshore over the water called the Marine Layer. When the inland valley heats up it causes the air to rise, this has the effect of pulling air in toward the coast from the ocean the result is that you get areas completely socked in during the summer. (I worked at Diablo Canyon Nuclear Station for 18 months).
There are lots of images, but this one provides scale :)

View attachment 8294800
Moro Bay can look like a set from a vampire movie for days on end. Fog swirling around looks like something from a stage performance
I don't have any pictures of what that looked like at the house in San Pedro, CA. The marine layer would come in just below our deck. Looked pretty cool standing on the deck and looking towards Catalina.

When I first got to Coronado, I lived in the next little town south called Imperial Beach. I got up the first three weeks and drove to work with foul weather gear before I figured out that the fog was going to burn off every morning at 10am. No rain, just beautiful sunshine, but it would fool a southern boy.