• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

looks like the snow hasn’t melted from the last time the parking lot was plowed. Kissimmee Florida today.

1705176790967.jpeg

View attachment 8321851
What caused that trail? Fake?
I saw trails like this through the spotty when my partner was shooting in cold weather when the temperature was very close to the dewpoint. We were using normal 7.62x51 ammo and shooting 600-1000 yds. It was during a class with FARGO, whom I haven't seen here for a long time. He said he'd seen it before in similar conditions.

I saw trails like this through the spotty when my partner was shooting in cold weather when the temperature was very close to the dewpoint. We were using normal 7.62x51 ammo and shooting 600-1000 yds. It was during a class with FARGO, whom I haven't seen here for a long time. He said he'd seen it before in similar conditions.

When I was competing it was called trace. A good spotter could call the shot and verify when the target came back up.

What caused that trail? Fake?
No idea about that one but it happens once in a great while. When I was in HS, my buddy had a 25-06, I had a 30-06. We were on our way to evening hunt deer driving on a gravel county road. He said to stop and back up slow, I did. He got his rifle ready out the window. On that side of the road was a wheat stubble field. As we rolled along, he shot a coyote standing the squashed down place where the combine had flattened the stubble. It looked like a lightning bolt hit that coyote right between the eyes. We sorta looked at each other and got out and shot most of our ammo at different shit! HAHA
Vapor trail.
I've only had it happen a few times in 50 years.

When I shot hand gun silhouette I and my spotter would see vapor/ contrail on cool mornings. Like above, when temps and humidity were right.
Usually when I shot the 7mm TCU, occasionally with 22lr.

Reactions: Islander
Supposedly 22LR in SE Maine. Posted on FB group, Long Gong. Never seen anything like it, my guess is right temp and moisture in the air.
Had something similar, but much more pronounced, happen when my son shot a buck once. Temp was low 50s, very humid, light fog. He shot it with a 308, and I could have sworn it was black powder. Huge cloud in front of us, bad enough that we couldn't see which way he ran.