• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

GGXOEGI.gif

There is a site wwii relics.eu full of posts from guys in Eastern Europe that dig up WWII sites. If I recall correctly they did a spread on that very machine. The crew was still inside. The anaerobic peat preserves everything perfectly. Weapons were still functional.

Unsure what the conditions of the bodies were some of the excavations include pictures. In the cold wet people turn to a waxy mass called adopure (sp). In other cases the peat preserves the men in perfect condition. One pilot nosedived into a bog and they recovered his lend lease Airacobra. He looked like he was still alive despite being dead some 60 plus years.

I made the comment where I saw this video initially posted that the crew was probably still inside, due to it being on it's turret in a bog. Bogs are amazing at preservation. A few years back a farmer found the body of a soldier killed during Operation Market Garden in a bog. Said he was amazingly well preserved and lifelike. They interred him at the war cemetery afterwards.

The bogs in Ireland and England preserve bodies also and recently a body was found believed to be from about 70 BC. The man pictured at the beginning of this article is 2,400 years old: Bog Bodies - Bog People - Crystalinks

I made the comment where I saw this video initially posted that the crew was probably still inside, due to it being on it's turret in a bog. Bogs are amazing at preservation. A few years back a farmer found the body of a soldier killed during Operation Market Garden in a bog. Said he was amazingly well preserved and lifelike. They interred him at the war cemetery afterwards.

The bogs in Ireland and England preserve bodies also and recently a body was found believed to be from about 70 BC. The man pictured at the beginning of this article is 2,400 years old: Bog Bodies - Bog People - Crystalinks

In my post I referenced a plane recovery. My bad it was a hurricane.

Unsure if you have to create an account to see pics but here you go....

Hurricane wreck with pilot recovery. Northern Russia

So my little community is the refuel / refit hub for these planes in SW OR and NW CA - the airport is VERY busy this time of year. A few weeks ago we were surrounded by fire (just before the town of Weed CA went up in smoke). The DC10s are stupid loud and are interesting to watch but I like the WW2 bombers that they still use. I was watching one guy jockeying to get into the pattern - flying probably about as fast as this old bomber could, low over one of the main arterial streets in the valley, just tossing this big plane around like you or I would hustle our car through a parking lot trying to cut over to a different exit. I could not help but think how good the guy must actually be as a pilot, and how much fun he must be having - b/c in that moment no one was going to give him any grief about how he was flying and he literally was able to do it more or less like he wanted.

For whatever reason Steve Miller's Livin in the USA immediately popped into my head watching that guy shuffle that plane around.

[video=youtube;jyV41-tFPcQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyV41-tFPcQ[/video]

[video=youtube;JDVT-8tUfiE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDVT-8tUfiE[/video]

I don't recall if this has been posted... but a friend just sent me this link. Speech was from the 1960's -- ancient history by a lot of today's short-attention-span standards. Yet how relevant?

Peace through strength was the mantra my generation grew up with.

Made sense then... still makes sense to me now.

Sirhr

A rancher friend of mine from Texas explained it all to me: "Here in west Texas I have rattlesnakes on my ranch, living among us. I have killed a rattlesnake on the front porch. I have killed a rattlesnake on the back porch. I have killed rattlesnakes in the barn, in the shop and on the driveway. In fact, I kill every rattlesnake I encounter.

I kill rattlesnakes because I know a rattlesnake will bite me and inject me with poison which could be lethal. I don't stop to wonder why a rattlesnake will bite me; I know it will bite me because it's a rattlesnake and that's what rattlesnakes do. I don't try to reason with a rattlesnake. I just kill it. I don't try to get to know the rattlesnake better so I can find a way to live with the rattlesnakes and convince them not to bite me. I just kill them. I don't quiz a rattlesnake to see if I can find out where the other snakes are, because (a) it won't tell me, and (b) I already know they live on my ranch. So, I just kill the rattlesnake and move on to the next one.

I don't look for ways I might be able to change the rattlesnake to a non-poisonous rat snake...I just kill it. Oh, and on occasion, I accidentally kill a rat snake because I thought it was a rattlesnake at the time. Also, I know, for every rattlesnake I kill, two more are lurking out there in the brush. In my lifetime I will never be able to rid my ranch of rattlesnakes. Do I fear them? No!

Do I respect what they can do to me? Yes! And because of that respect I give them the fair justice they deserve.... I kill them..."

Maybe as a country we should start giving more thought to the fact that these jihadists' are just like rattlesnakes, and act accordingly!

I love this country; it's the damn government I'm afraid of.