• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

Let’s keep it that way.

7f1b5ac548152cea4afc376d9488812d.jpg

I have spent so much time in swiftwater just for fun, extra rescue time was good practice.

We boated a lot of wilderness canyons, so rescue was up to us.
Running class V, most of those boaters skills surpass the rescue guys.

I quit whitewater cold turkey when I had kids. All of the top 10 times I almost died were in (or just out of) a kayak. I don't ski in the bc anymore either. It's not my life to risk now.

I quit whitewater cold turkey when I had kids. All of the top 10 times I almost died were in (or just out of) a kayak. I don't ski in the bc anymore either. It's not my life to risk now.

I just run class III now and some very familiar class IV. Mostly class II in a raft with kids and the Queen riding up front.
I did some swimming and never had a kayak moment where I thought I was going to die

My time to BC ski is so limited and I still go out occasionally. I was always very very conservative (its a trend in my life) and in 700 days of BC travel, never was in an avalanche. Couple good sluffs and caused a few cutting cornices and such.

I wont question the decision to be more safe once the responsibility of parenthood settles in.

My “I am going to die” moments have either been on I-70 as a traveller or fireman and at the range being covered by some tool with their finger on the trigger.
Way scarier for me than “me vs the power of nature”.

My “I am going to die” moments have either been on I-70 as a traveller or fireman and at the range being covered by some tool with their finger on the trigger.
Way scarier for me than “me vs the power of nature”.

I'm lucky enough to be able to avoid two of those scenarios altogether. The last -- thank you for fighting fires. Something I've never felt a compulsion to do but I damn sure appreciate that someone does!