• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

I quit whitewater cold turkey when I had kids. All of the top 10 times I almost died were in (or just out of) a kayak. I don't ski in the bc anymore either. It's not my life to risk now.

I just run class III now and some very familiar class IV. Mostly class II in a raft with kids and the Queen riding up front.
I did some swimming and never had a kayak moment where I thought I was going to die

My time to BC ski is so limited and I still go out occasionally. I was always very very conservative (its a trend in my life) and in 700 days of BC travel, never was in an avalanche. Couple good sluffs and caused a few cutting cornices and such.

I wont question the decision to be more safe once the responsibility of parenthood settles in.

My “I am going to die” moments have either been on I-70 as a traveller or fireman and at the range being covered by some tool with their finger on the trigger.
Way scarier for me than “me vs the power of nature”.

My “I am going to die” moments have either been on I-70 as a traveller or fireman and at the range being covered by some tool with their finger on the trigger.
Way scarier for me than “me vs the power of nature”.

I'm lucky enough to be able to avoid two of those scenarios altogether. The last -- thank you for fighting fires. Something I've never felt a compulsion to do but I damn sure appreciate that someone does!

Ass, gas or Grass- no one Antifa’s for free

https://trendingviews.co/video/antifa-member-shows-police-her-full-moon-4703.html

Portland_Antifa_exposes_butt_at_police_Nov_17_2018.gif

1544204367404.jpeg

Reactions: armorpl8chikn
That's cool and all that, but I'm still hard pressed to think of a time when that knowledge would be useful?

The knowledge is interesting because the effect of gravity on a bullet gets measured by its distance in horizontal travel across the face of the earth. In other words, the steeper the up or down angle, the less effect gravity has. Which is why you hold low on either an uphill or downhill shot. Simple Trig. In theory, at a 90 degree vertical, the mechanical offset of the scope... becomes your hold. Because there is no drop. Thought there could be a bit of spin drift and wind effect. In theory.

I can't remember seeing anyone has ever empirically tested the gravity effect on a bullet at 90 degrees! Up or down. It's kind of a bitch to do up. And down... well, that doesn't look like fun either. But a very creative solution!

That's why this is actually kind of neat!

Whether the measurements could have been recorded or not, accurately, with that setup is another question. It's not totally scientific. Because you can't bolt a Ranger to a cliff face. Though most Rangers I know would probably enjoy that.

But the attempt to get real data out of a 90 degree downwards shot is definitely interesting! That's why this is a neat photo!!!

Cheers,

Sirhr

that wheelchair launch was vicious. Each of the times I watched it......

I have seen first hand what happens on snow when someone does that. And flew them off the mountain in short order.
I cant imagine onto a wooden ramp.

Reactions: abizdafuzz
Channel 7 news reports a massive pile up of 273 cars near the corner of Main and 1st Street. The traffic is backed up 16 blocks in every direction. Officials are not reporting the cause of the accident, but have indicated that it may be days before they can clear that intersection. Witnesses at the scene appear to be jabbering senselessly and drooling profusely. One man, who choose to remain anonymous for fear of the "wrath of his wife", reports serious neck pain from rapidly craning his head. Another man was seen with a wet spot in the front of his pants. We will update you with more information as it comes in to us.

Last edited:
The afore mentioned Mr Premature Shorts has now been identified as one Mr Larry Shartz.

The fine gentleman then had to go to the ER to have his chest pain and abnormally fast cardiac rhythm evaluated.
Fortunately he got a fat old bull dyke battle-axe of an ER nurse that solved most of his symptoms immediately.

The afore mentioned Mr Premature Shorts has now been identified as one Mr Larry Shartz.

The fine gentleman then had to go to the ER to have his chest pain and abnormally fast cardiac rhythm evaluated.
Fortunately he got a fat old bull dyke battle-axe of an ER nurse that solved most of his symptoms immediately.
Wut ?.......this is going to require some thought, isn't it ?

Reactions: jungle45 and 1J04
Don't remember the joke but the punchline was "smelled like the doorknocker of the shithouse on a tuna boat".......wish I could remember the rest of it. Seems apropos for this darling young lady.....

This is how I remember that joke - always good for a laugh.

An old lumberjack was sitting in a bar bragging that he had been cutting wood for so long that he could identify any piece of lumber by smell alone.So they blindfolded him an put a piece of wood in front of him he sniffed a few times and said turn it over. They turned it over and he sniffed again and said - red oak. So they took another piece of wood he sniffed it then said turn it over and sniffed again - white pine he he said. They could not stump the old man no matter hw many boards they tried, so the bar maid jumped up on the bar and stuck her snatch in his face. He sniffed a few times and said turn it over. She turned over and stuck her ass in his face. He sniffed a few times, thought for a few seconds and said - I believe that there is the shit house door off and old tuna boat...

That cop should have rammed his board up the shit house door and broke it off, no lube.