• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

1546651610212.png

Rip to my brother in corrections. Sgt mark Baserman State Correctional Institution Somerset. Gone But Not Forgotten. Rip to all that gave their all in the line of duty.

A lot of people out there fail to realize how dangerous being a correctional officer is also...You are always in close quarters, outnumbered and surrounded by dirtbags...some of them total animals serving life who got absolutely nothing to live for. A baton, can of pepper spray, and a plastic shield being the only things keeping you from being ripped apart by them.

Stay vigilant. Stay safe. Stay alive.

Been a Medic for going on 21 years. It is rare to feel this way.

But, a small percentage of calls stick out in your mind, that the patients were about dead, or clinically dead, and we were effective instruments of God, and brought them back.
My time in the Fire Service spanned from long coat and boots to a Chief monitoring your air on a laptop outside. When I get together with the other retirees and someone talks about a fire we did together sometime I'll remember it. Mostly they are just vignettes to me they all run together. But I remember every medical call or wreck that I made a difference on like I'm watching a video.

Last edited: