• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

hillary-gun-cleaner.jpg

Found an old picture of my grandfather. I didn't really have much of a dad growing up so that's more how I think of him. He came to every single military school I ever attended. Gave me my blood wings. I'm just guessing but he may have been about 16 here. I know he got a cousin to vouch for him and enlisted at 15. This is the youngest picture I've ever found.
FB_IMG_1565546526753.jpg

...Been a while, but a guy was killed by the fire suppression system. Don't recall all the details, but the system activated and he went back in for something.
I think that they have been phased out but we had Halon 1301 suppression systems in the engine room of our patrol boat, the handle was outside the engine room door because the door opened inward. If the system was activated it would pressurize the engine room and the door couldn’t be opened and there would be no breathable oxygen left.

I think that they have been phased out but we had Halon 1301 suppression systems in the engine room of our patrol boat, the handle was outside the engine room door because the door opened inward. If the system was activated it would pressurize the engine room and the door couldn’t be opened and there would be no breathable oxygen left.

This was maybe 20 years ago. I've been in the building just a few times and couldn't tell you much about anything. I seem to recall the guy suffocated.

I was hit with halon once. It was not fun.

McKinley Lab.

Funny driving by when it's 90 out and the huge temp gauge reads minus 50 degrees.

Been a while, but a guy was killed by the fire suppression system. Don't recall all the details, but the system activated and he went back in for something.
That can happen with foam systems you get disoriented and there is no air to breathe.

I got nailed with foam once. Fuck it was bad. I knew exactly what was happening and exactly which way the door is or I would be very dead.
The foam cannons pack a hefty punch too. We had a system go off in the hangar in Darwin during a squadron dining in night, everyone was pissed. Opened the doors on both sides of the hangar and backed a jet up to one end, lit her up and blew all the foam out. Got complaints from people over a mile away about the foam....

Just was in a fire class for work and was told halon is being phased out as it is used. We still have it in one of our old control rooms and a couple of other rooms

It’s kind of stupid for a liquid or solid fire with high heat. Displacing oxygen isn’t a bad idea in a confined space, but there’s other gases that don’t turn into deadly phosgene gas under high heat.