• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

… at least some truth.… Personally, I think the evidence supports the idea that it did happen. …

"At least some truth" in .gov-speak translates as "nothing but a BIG LIE."

By what alchemy does the actual evidence—namely goat skin—support the BIG LIE of human skin…"personally" or otherwise?

I have not read the book... but it looks like there may be at least some truth.

Rumors and urban legends and even classical myths usually had some kernel of truth behind them.

It is quite easy to dismiss the lampshade as fanciful or propaganda. But it is also Possible that such things did happen. All it would take is one person with a macabre sense of humor and a whole lampshade industry is born. Is it implausible that a few were made? And from that becomes a story that everyone knows?

One also cannot discount the economic calculations being made by the SS on the value of holocaust victims. They calculated
To the Reichs-phenning what hair was worth... teeth... bones were considered for fertilizer. Fats for glycerine for explosives production. Would it be unusual for some reichs-chemist to examine the properties of leather?

Before making it into a black and white or did/didn’t issue... consider that there are always shades of gray and that absolutes are fraught with peril.

Personally, I think the evidence supports the idea that it did happen. Maybe not on the scale that some think. But In Dark evil times and places, dark, evil things happen.

Sirhr
Years ago when i was in my early teens, a neighbor was redoing the outside of his house with wood siding and i was making a few bucks helping him. Anyways we went to the saw mill that an old guy ran to get some of the siding. They got to talking about ww2 and the old guy said he had some soap that was black and made from Human ashes from the concentration camps. Dont have any idea how true it was but never forgot that

I will bet it handled like a dream - the way it sticks to the road.

;)
Not really. Frankly it's nose heavy. A lot of understeer. But it would really set you back in the seat. It was comfortable to drive as long as you weren't shifting gears. My left leg got bigger than my right. 55 mph back then was a good thing with no overdrive in them gears.

Reactions: Barneybdb and lash
Finished my Dad’s car for him. He started restoration before he passed away.

49C9AE07-96A2-412F-B23B-6B57A4D673F5.jpeg
2BAE0F5B-20E5-4511-A312-0F069DB5F4BF.jpeg

"At least some truth" in .gov-speak translates as "nothing but a BIG LIE."

By what alchemy does the actual evidence—namely goat skin—support the BIG LIE of human skin…"personally" or otherwise?

And if you read the article (and I assume the book) the DNA came back as human. Does that mean it's true? Well, an author can lie about a DNA test. A lamp made in some faraway land might be passed off as Nazi. The whole thing might be fake. All plausible.

As I said above... personally, I think that the evidence supports the idea that it probably happened. But I doubt it happened on a huge scale or that there was a Gestapo-run Pier-One Imports running a lampshade division and filling every good little bund household with a lampshade made from Red Sea pedestrians. That said, I think that there are likely to be a handful of 'real' ones out there. Produced somehow.

I am not a fan of absolutes and to say "They are all goatskin... " is as tenuous, historically, as saying "They are hanging from every ceiling in Bavaria."

Remember, London is full of mummies... of adults, babies, cats... anything that the 19th-Century Egyptians could sell off to British Colonial tourists as ancient mummies during the Egypt-craze of the late-Victorian period. They were happy to wrap granny in a cloth, let her dessicate out in the desert for a few weeks and sell her to Lord Blivetsphincter for 30 pounds... as an ancient Pharoah. Did I mention England is stuffed with the things?

So one can't write off the macabre or the dark or the disturbing any more than one can write off any other part of history.

My opinion... is that there are real ones out there. And probably a lot of goatskin ones. That does not mean that something is a total myth and more fodder for bat5h1+-crazy Holocaust deniers.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Years ago when i was in my early teens, …and the old guy said he had some soap that was black and made from Human ashes from the concentration camps. Dont have any idea how true it was but never forgot that

If you swallow watermelon seeds, a watermelon will not grow in your stomach.

Last edited:
View attachment 7132518

I don't doubt that article at all!

But did Nazi Chemists, while trying to figure out ways to monetize corpses, attempt to figure out whether the chemistry or the economics works? Again... Maybe, maybe not. There was a lot of very sick, twisted stuff going on. Medical experiments of all kinds. The whole 'twins' studies. Attempts made to improve pilots survivability in cold water using concentration camp inmates as test subjects... all documented.

Trying to make soap? Well, I won't say no, they didn't think about it. Even if I agree completely that they didn't produce it.

Are there bars of soap still around. I'd say no. Not a chance.

But that still does not mean that, historically, one can say never. Or always. It's tenuous. It's dangerous.

Cheers,

Sirhr

…Well, an author can lie about a DNA test. A lamp made in some faraway land might be passed off as Nazi. The whole thing might be fake. All plausible.
…That does not mean that something is a total myth and more fodder for bat5h1+-crazy Holocaust deniers.

Cheers,

Sirhr

As you acknowledge, the provenance of the item and the mere claim of "DNA proven" are dubious. The myth stems from claims about Ilse Koch. Those specific claims were definitively disproven. I submit that there are orders of magnitude more "bat5h1+-crazy" BIG LIARS than "DNA proven" human lampshades. You speculate about lampshades, another guy speculates about "soap," also disproven. Truth and solid evidence motivate me.

^^^ On that we will agree

But
As you acknowledge, the provenance of the item and the mere claim of "DNA proven" are dubious. The myth stems from claims about Ilse Koch. Those specific claims were definitively disproven. I submit that there are orders of magnitude more "bat5h1+-crazy" BIG LIARS than "DNA proven" human lampshades. You speculate about lampshades, another guy speculates about "soap," also disproven. Truth and solid evidence motivate me.

On this we agree.

But calling something settled is equally risky. As long as people keep looking for evidence... and finding it... or not finding it... then there is history to be written! There is an infinite amount of history to be done. Because there are an unthinkable number of experiences and viewpoints and even pieces of evidence... and most will never be known. But some are still out there! Waiting to be discovered or proven or disproven...

Cheers,

SIrhr

Reactions: Barneybdb
If i swallow watermelon seeds and drink enough beer i can shit and stick them into a privacy fence and grow my own hanging garden an Babylon. I was not speculating anything , didnt even read the article posted up, just replying something that i remember an old man that was supposedly over there said when i was a kid. , hell that old fucker may not have even been old enough to be there. I was a kid and back then ,50 was old, or did science prove that wrong?

Not really. Frankly it's nose heavy. A lot of understeer. But it would really set you back in the seat. It was comfortable to drive as long as you weren't shifting gears. My left leg got bigger than my right. 55 mph back then was a good thing with no overdrive in them gears.
A good friend had one and he could toast me in my ‘69 Camaro in the straight, but put tight corners at speed into the mix and that fat ass end would beat the front end around a corner if you weren’t careful. The ‘69 Camaro was also light in the back, but overall lighter than the 442 and could take corners sideways like it was meant to do so.

Honestly, the modern takes on the original pony and muscle cars are much much better in all aspects except nostalgia. Much less dangerous to drive and higher performance too.

A good friend had one and he could toast me in my ‘69 Camaro in the straight, but put tight corners at speed into the mix and that fat ass end would beat the front end around a corner if you weren’t careful. The ‘69 Camaro was also light in the back, but overall lighter than the 442 and could take corners sideways like it was meant to do so.

Honestly, the modern takes on the original pony and muscle cars are much much better in all aspects except nostalgia. Much less dangerous to drive and higher performance too.
I just wish that they didn't cost an obscene amount of money... and that you could still get a stripped down rocket.

I just wish that they didn't cost an obscene amount of money... and that you could still get a stripped down rocket.
Time value of money

If a corvette in 1969 cost 4,400-4,800
4,800 at 5.5% for 50 years is about 70k

So cars give you a lot more performance and a 100k tune up to boot for the same amount of money

In the year 1969, the United States minimum wage was $1.60. This is equivalent to $11.32 in 2019 dollars.

Last edited:
Reactions: jungle45 and lash