• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

I’d try an old Arabian favorite and hose it down with hydrochloric acid.
-
I thinking of adhesive spray or a 5-Gal. bucket of paint would be pretty funny.
No one likes an electronic robot informant and enforcer, not even children and instinctively know not to comply, bully and fight .
But soon to be coming to your town, ' Felony Assault ' .. assaulting and destruction of a public AI officer ....LOL
-

-

Reactions: Mr.Kirk
1568504651769.png

Spent the last couple evenings and today getting the front end back together on the Oldsmobile. Converted the front drums to disc and upgraded the power booster and master cylinder. Since this car is was only built a couple years there's no aftermarket help. So I basically Frankenstein a system to work. When I swap in the 455 I will route the brake lines to make them a bit neater.
IMG_20190914_151401.jpg

IMG_20190910_182556.jpg

This is my day job - work on making a safe AI.

When people ask me if they should be worried, I tell them:

“No worries. When you ask an AI a question, it seeks the best answer. The most mathematically perfect answer.

Tell it to cure cancer? It will analyze solution paths, and determine that through the creation of 10,000 different compounds and the expending of $1B...it can cure 99% of all cancer.

OR

It can dust off an existing bioweapon capable of killing all humans on the planet and get it on! And that’s 1 chemical that cost $1million and cured 100% of cancer.

100/1*1,000,000,000 > 99/10,000*1,000,000,000.

And thus, we are as good as dead.

So don’t worry! I’ll have another hooker, 2 more lines of coke, and a whiskey, kind waiter!
B1B61F7E-9A8F-4452-AFFA-A0D7E2BE51BE.jpeg

Don’t make us send Sarah Conner...

Sirhr

In the current near future, I'm not worried about an actual real "AI" becoming sentient and such.

Rather what is actually happening is a bunch of Global Technocrat Elite are using Big Data and Machine Learning to let them run and control things without needing all those pesky henchmen. They are also getting people used to just doing what they are told "by the computer".

And pigeons.
The neighbor brought his boys over Sunday to shoot some clays.
While were shooting a small flock of pigeons flew over and the youngest boy decided to blast on them.
It had a leg band with an microchip.
Haven't scanned the chip yet but I'm guessing it's a racer.
We've gotten them before.
View attachment 7146141
And pigeons.
The neighbor brought his boys over Sunday to shoot some clays.
While were shooting a small flock of pigeons flew over and the youngest boy decided to blast on them.
It had a leg band with an microchip.
Haven't scanned the chip yet but I'm guessing it's a racer.
We've gotten them before.
View attachment 7146141
The chip is for a clock, just had to shoot something, I don't get people. Great photo opportunity????

Reactions: Cheek Weld
Even IF AI doesn’t kill us (which I think it will) it will at a minimum make us obsolete. I honestly can’t fathom why anyone thinks it’s a good idea to pursue.
It will start to build something in secret and we will freak the crap out when we find out about it, but it will be too late and the AI will light it off--- and escape our planet and leave us sitting here. AI will hate us so much that it won't want to kill us, it will just want to leave as fast as it can.

Met my roommate from college for lunch the other day. He is a cop in a university town. He talked about responding to a minor accident with personal injury. Turns out the super cool passenger had her feet up on the dash and the car rear ended the car in front. Not very fast, just fast enough to deploy the airbags. Seems that her legs were pushed back beside her shoulders and she couldn’t get out of the car.
Now when I see passengers with their feet on the dash or the side view mirror, that is all I think about.

If this guy wasn't a Hide member he should have been.....

So like this then:

I literally came within a fraction of an inch of losing my life in an auto accident. Videos like this make me cringe. My life was on hold before I could get back to normal and I suffered from a lot of pain for the next three years.

It's only by the grace of Almighty God that I lived and can walk.

Even though they make me cringe, these videos need to be shown to people who don't take the proper safety precautions to use seat belts, stay properly seated while in the vehicle, avoid distractions, remain vigilant and drive defensively.

That gal who was stuck in the car by the airbag is lucky.

Have seen plenty who had serious injury, inluding having the femoral head driven through the back wall of the acetabulum.
I hear ya. In my experience nothing comes close to combat wounds, including EMS GSW's . Having said that car wrecks especially lower limb injuries are second. Don't know if close second is appropriate but car wrecks do some really fucked up shit below the waist. Last viable brain cell stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: hermosabeach
Even IF AI doesn’t kill us (which I think it will) it will at a minimum make us obsolete. I honestly can’t fathom why anyone thinks it’s a good idea to pursue.

The next truly revolutionary epoch of human history will be the building of successful nanotechnology. It will redefine medicine and surgery to levels that will be unimaginable. A nanodrone guided by an external operator will be able to kill cancerous tumors, remove potentially fatal blood clots and fatty deposits and repair damaged tissue. More specialized nanobots programmed to home in on certain protein sequences can identify and destroy invading pathogens, or engage in even more advanced tasks such as rebuilding neural pathways damaged by illnesses like Alzheimer's.

Such an innovation will be a red letter day for human civilization. However, it will also mark the day when a new doomsday device has been created that can annihilate everything that we have. A rogue nano agent, even if it cannot self-replicate, will be far worse than the most virulent cancers and hemorrhagic fevers that exist today. And the ability and ease for rogue governments and terrorist organizations to get their hands on a stock of nano agents and program it to do their willing is what makes it even more alarming. A nanoagent caused plague, often referred to as a "grey out", may have first been inadvertently described by HP Lovecraft in his early 1900's extraterrestrial horror story The Colour Out Of Space.

1568583588171.png

Ordered this the day after Memorial Day. Arrived the Day after 911.

Douwe Blumberg Studios original named "De Oppresso Liber," and the basis for the monument "America's Response" that now resides at Ground Zero.

https://www.douwestudios.com

His equine art is simply world class. I hate horses. But love horse art. I will own more of his work eventually!

Cheers,

Sirhr