• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

Speaking of... took these two gems at our state fair... the local Somali future-terrorists getting a taste of home...

E7A7DA48-E886-4E3E-BD64-3537FA55FEC1.jpeg

And this winner.... does anyone even know Fat Albert any more? And does anyone really think having a Bill Cosby reference on your booth is a good idea? At least they weren’t selling puddin Pops.

846D86BE-CD33-4826-AD21-93CE2B1A3224.jpeg

Next year I am taking a real camera with a good lens. That place is comedy gold.

Sirhr

Have you read Matthews book, The Paper Jacket? I've read it a couple of times intending to give it a go. I just need to make myself set aside the time. Casting eats up the hours.

A good read on casting, if you're not familiar, is Carlton Shy's little red book (I don't think it has a title). Good info on alloys, heat treating, etc. Not sure it can still be found. It was never popular outside IHMSA circles.

Remember the days when you could get linotype just for hauling it away?
I just missed the Linotype era... plus no big printers in Mayberry. Wheel weights on the other hand... now those are controlled substances.

In H.S I did construction rehabbing of old houses. Scored a lot of lead pipe. Now that, too is scarce and controlled. Must be handled as a toxic waste.

Cheers, Sirhr

That is last years thing. 2018 winner of food of the year at state fair was deep fried cheeseburger. Watch first video to see that and what won 2019.

Reactions: Barneybdb
The next truly revolutionary epoch of human history will be the building of successful nanotechnology. It will redefine medicine and surgery to levels that will be unimaginable. A nanodrone guided by an external operator will be able to kill cancerous tumors, remove potentially fatal blood clots and fatty deposits and repair damaged tissue. More specialized nanobots programmed to home in on certain protein sequences can identify and destroy invading pathogens, or engage in even more advanced tasks such as rebuilding neural pathways damaged by illnesses like Alzheimer's.

Such an innovation will be a red letter day for human civilization. However, it will also mark the day when a new doomsday device has been created that can annihilate everything that we have. A rogue nano agent, even if it cannot self-replicate, will be far worse than the most virulent cancers and hemorrhagic fevers that exist today. And the ability and ease for rogue governments and terrorist organizations to get their hands on a stock of nano agents and program it to do their willing is what makes it even more alarming. A nanoagent caused plague, often referred to as a "grey out", may have first been inadvertently described by HP Lovecraft in his early 1900's extraterrestrial horror story The Colour Out Of Space.
I read that book when I was younger. Great read!

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
Speaking of... took these two gems at our state fair... the local Somali future-terrorists getting a taste of home...

View attachment 7148042

And this winner.... does anyone even know Fat Albert any more? And does anyone really think having a Bill Cosby reference on your booth is a good idea? At least they weren’t selling puddin Pops.

View attachment 7148041

Next year I am taking a real camera with a good lens. That place is comedy gold.

Sirhr
You have no idea ?‍♂️