• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

DAAYYYUUMMMM. Talk about a catch 22. You're never supposed to remove an impaled object...... but this object it burning at 2000 degrees....... remove it and start spewing blood from your neck....

fuuuuuccckkk

Hell yeah... You can almost feel the regret hit him as soon as the flare struck. That is one thoroughly shitty predicament to be in.

Reactions: Snipe260 and TACC
12rctd.jpg

Hell yeah... You can almost feel the regret hit him as soon as the flare struck. That is one thoroughly shitty predicament to be in.

Just put pressure on there with a gloved hand and just hold it there initially. The venturi effect of the jugular veins can suck air from the outside world into your heart. No bueno.

If that dont work, well, then it dont work and you won't have much time. Maybe as a last ditch, stick your finger in the bleeding vessels if you can feel it.

Just put pressure on there with a gloved hand and just hold it there initially. The venturi effect of the jugular veins can suck air from the outside world into your heart. No bueno.

If that dont work, well, then it dont work and you won't have much time. Maybe as a last ditch, stick your finger in the bleeding vessels if you can feel it.

Remember that scene from Pearl Harbor when Kate Beckinsale's character had been trying to save a major who sustained a massive neck wound? I think she was doing exactly what you described. That neck wound was bad, and the production crew took great care to make it pretty realistic. You can even see his skin turning deathly pale. I had been surprised that he showed up again later during the preparations for the Doolittle raid. I was certain he didn't make it from how that injury looked...

Reactions: hermosabeach
So ya, it's 3 yrs ago, but I ain't never seen it that I recall. Enjoy.

allergies.........

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Remember that scene from Pearl Harbor when Kate Beckinsale's character had been trying to save a major who sustained a massive neck wound? I think she was doing exactly what you described. That neck wound was bad, and the production crew took great care to make it pretty realistic. You can even see his skin turning deathly pale. I had been surprised that he showed up again later during the preparations for the Doolittle raid. I was certain he didn't make it from how that injury looked...

I forgot about that. Reference treatment options, you could also pack a shit ton of hemostatic gauze into that wound and just hold pressure. That's about your last ditch because with that location next to some of the high and low pressure hydraulic lines and airway structures.... you gotta do whatever it takes to stop the bleeder(s).

FUBAR situation.

Shoot.

Somewhere I just read about a guy with a neck wound. Nasty one. Cant remember the mechanism.

EMS held direct pressure.

Pt in ED. Got blood products going. Went to OR. Surgeon ready to clamp, then tie off the bleeders.

Pt survived without issue.

Direct pressure works so well. With only one patient, I would always try this first. With less training and real life practice, just use a tourniquet.

Well, maybe not on a neck..... unless they are a communist. Then use even if they aren't bleeding!

Speaking of. Have seen some great saves lately due to tourniquets.
Several lives saved from one CAT tourniquet each time. Including HP ammo vs artery. That was a damn mess!

Pretty cool saves though.

Dont buy imitation crap.
They are $25 on amazon.

"You are about like a fish being cleaned with a spoon, it's very hard to get an answer out of you"
- Hank Johnson...an elected official

Do you think he meant to say "like pulling hens teeth" but forgot that one so he made it up as he went along?

HJ: You felt kinda squeamish, like uh, like that fish that you're trying to be right now, being scaled, you felt a little squeamish about delivering that message. Correct?
CL: No sir
HJ: ........

What in the fuck are you talking about man?

I wonder how many retail locations got shot in the face so they could have enough scratch to get a new logo that.....shocker.....looks like a staple. I still order my office supplies off of Amazon...eat a dick Staples.

Reactions: Edgecrusher
Back to the neck wound... Marcus tells in his book of packing his gunshots with dirt, rocks and pine needles...

If you can't stop the bleeding, you die
stuffing junk in the would might keep you alive to die from infection later- or you could live

lots of fake CATS on Amazon- buy direct

Direct

(free shipping for medical gear outfitters)

Reactions: TACC
We had these in the bag at one of my EMS agency's. I started using them at the Fire Dept. too. They became my go to dressing for anything not needing a tourniquet. I found the plastic sheeting very useful as an occlusive,especially neck injuries. Most commercial chest seals don't fit anything but a flat surface and then some don't stick. The plastic in these with some duct or breachers tape will fit just about anything you get. You don't have to be spot perfect with the pressure to get a good seal. We used TMS when we outfitted our Active Shooter bags. They are a good source of supplies and training. I used their videos to teach my con ed classes.

Last edited: