• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

View attachment 7198081

You mean hands like these...and the female versions?

Hands.jpg
Hands.jpg

View attachment 7198081

Well.... Isn't that special!

Apparently Wyatt Derp up top there is laying down a gauntlet! Bare hands, eh? Can't wait ;-)

Cheers,

Sirhr
Any relation?

Incidentally, this charming lass has a film career. You have to be at least 18 years old to go back into that part of the store.

Tony, the retired CEO of Tabasco is a great friend. And this video rocks!!!

Tabasco rocks!

Cheers,

Sirhr

On my first trip to Avery Island we toured the plant, back then we walked on the catwalk between the casks. The last time I toured the plant it was more like looking in the windows. I still have my grandfathers Tabasco tie collection.

I would have posted this in the song of the day thread. However, this is a motivational thread. So I will put it here.

Some of you may not remember an entertainer by the name of Martha Raye. I was a kid then and only remember her as an old lady doing the poly-dent commercials on television.

Yes, I am that old. Nevertheless, through the magic of the internet, I've discovered a lot about Martha Raye.

Did you know that she is the only civilian given an exemption to be buried with full military honors in the cemetery at Ft. Bragg? She was a tireless entertainer who toured for the USO during WWII. She was also wounded twice in Vietnam while helping the wounded.

Her final years were plagued with ill health, Alzheimer's and the loss of both of her legs. She was given an exemption to be buried in Arlington cemetery but she requested Ft. Bragg.

She was an honorary member of the Special Forces. She had received her prized Green Beret and the title of Lieutenant Colonel from President Lyndon B. Johnson, himself.

From 1964 to 1973, Martha traveled from camp to camp in isolated areas throughout Vietnam making eight (8) visits. She would stay "in-country" from four to six months at a time--usually at her own expense--to be with the troops she so dearly loved. She used the nurse's aide skills she learned back in the 1930s, and surgical techniques she picked up during World War II to help treat the wounded.

Look at the links after watching the videos and read about this remarkable woman who is largely forgotten today. If not for the magic of the internet, I would only remember her as some old lady doing commercials for poly-dent. She's deserved every award and bit of recognition bestowed on her.

Her citation for the Presidential Medal of Freedom reads:

"A talented performer whose career spans the better part of a century, Martha Raye has delighted audiences and uplifted spirits around the globe. She brought her tremendous comedic and musical skills to her work in film, stage, and television, helping to shape American
entertainment. the great courage, kindness, and patriotism she showed in her many tours during World War II, the Korean Conflict, and the Vietnam Conflict earned her the nickname "Colonel Maggie." The American people honor Martha Raye, a woman who has tirelessly used her gifts to benefit the lives of her fellow Americans."

https://www.uso.org/stories/1804-martha-raye-healing-through-humor

http://www.war-veterans.org/Maggie.htm

Last edited:
I would have posted this in the song of the day thread. However, this is a motivational thread. So I will put it here.

Some of you may not remember an entertainer by the name of Martha Raye. I was a kid then and only remember her as an old lady doing the poly-dent commercials on television.

Yes, I am that old. Nevertheless, through the magic of the internet, I've discovered a lot about Martha Raye.

Did you know that she is the only civilian given an exemption to be buried with full military honors in the cemetery at Ft. Bragg? She was a tireless entertainer who toured for the USO during WWII. She was also wounded twice in Vietnam while helping the wounded.

Her final years were plagued with ill health, Alzheimer's and the loss of both of her legs. She was given an exemption to be buried in Arlington cemetery but she requested Ft. Bragg.

She was an honorary member of the Special Forces. She had received her prized Green Beret and the title of Lieutenant Colonel from President Lyndon B. Johnson, himself.

From 1964 to 1973, Martha traveled from camp to camp in isolated areas throughout Vietnam making eight (8) visits. She would stay "in-country" from four to six months at a time--usually at her own expense--to be with the troops she so dearly loved. She used the nurse's aide skills she learned back in the 1930s, and surgical techniques she picked up during World War II to help treat the wounded.

Look at the links after watch the video and read about this remarkable woman who is largely forgotten today. If not for the magic of the internet, I would only remember her as some old lady doing commercials for poly-dent. She's deserved every award and bit of recognition bestowed on her.

Her citation for the Presidential Medal of Freedom reads:

"A talented performer whose career spans the better part of a century, Martha Raye has delighted audiences and uplifted spirits around the globe. She brought her tremendous comedic and musical skills to her work in film, stage, and television, helping to shape American
entertainment. the great courage, kindness, and patriotism she showed in her many tours during World War II, the Korean Conflict, and the Vietnam Conflict earned her the nickname "Colonel Maggie." The American people honor Martha Raye, a woman who has tirelessly used her gifts to benefit the lives of her fellow Americans."

https://www.uso.org/stories/1804-martha-raye-healing-through-humor

http://www.war-veterans.org/Maggie.htm

Col "Maggie" Martha Raye was accepted into the Green Berets...

To my knowledge, the only woman ever to wear the beret.

There used to be a memorial to her at the SF museum at Bragg. But so much has changed in 30 years....

Sirhr

This is priceless.....

HEADLINES FROM THE DNC : TRUMP MANIPULATED ELECTION BY INVOKING A IMPEACHMENT PROCESS TO DISTRACT VOTERS FROM DEMOCRATIC CANDIDATES "..... can you see it now?
Just a odd thought, but if you step back and take it all in you can foresee the next Democratic story about TRUMP.
Look at the top candidates they are pushing. They will say TRUMP is influencing and manipulating the process again. By his "plan", he is forcing candidates who are Senators off the campaign trail for Senate hearings and not being with the people to get votes.
Yes, I know this sounds farfetched, but hey, the Democrats are so far out of it, they will come up with anything.
Meanwhile they continue to move forward and demand a REPUBLICAN candidate and his staff be at their hearings. Do you see it? If you understand how deceitful and twisted the Democrats are, you can see this will be the next step they take after the Senate tosses their B.S. out the window.
After TRUMP wins in 2020 and they claim the 2020 election is corrupt and illegal..... just like the 2016. All this B.S. is brought on by their own means...

I’m not ready for the nursing home yet but...

c_rat1.jpg
I happen to like B rats. Well, not all.
I remember mentioning that to my 1st Class Petty Officer. A couple days later, I came back to my berth on board and found 2 cases leaning against the door. The embarked Marines spent days looking for the missing cases.
And that's nothing compared with how he got thousands of dollars in parts to fix our electronic gear.
The man was a jewel. Navy finally did something right and promoted him to Chief.

A life prison sentence isn't as big a deal and the medical care is probably better.
A couple of years ago a 90 something year old woman shot and killed her 70 something year old son. The son and his girlfriend were talking about putting mom in a nursing home. This happened in Phoenix.

Reactions: hermosabeach
There is a reason that statisticians and economists refer to lotteries as voluntary taxes.

The Lottery is just a Tax on people that are bad at math!! Still, probably the only way I'd ever be able to get a set of 5 full auto toys!!

Reactions: gigamortis
On my first trip to Avery Island we toured the plant, back then we walked on the catwalk between the casks. The last time I toured the plant it was more like looking in the windows. I still have my grandfathers Tabasco tie collection.
Does anyone remember reading a story in high school literature about the founder of Tabasco sauce and his time in Mexico eating peppers that were hot as duck with a Mexican restaurant owner? I remember reading it. One of the few things I do remember, most of the shit we read wasn't my kind of reading.

The Lottery is just a Tax on people that are bad at math!! Still, probably the only way I'd ever be able to get a set of 5 full auto toys!!

As long as you aren't taking food off of the table, I see no reason to play a few dollars whenever the numbers get super high. Like I tell my wife, "Someone has to win, it might as well be me.".

Years ago, when we were expecting our 1st child, our state lottery had a subscription service for what was called the LOTTO. One day, I opened an envelope from our state Treasury office. I had won $1098. This was 1985, so it' wasn't chump change. I looked up my numbers. Seems I had hit 5 out of 6 numbers. The 6th number was 1 number off. I had 27 and the number drawn was 28.

IF I had hit that 6th number, I would have won 1.2 million dollars. Oh well. At least what I had won was used to set up the nursery for my soon to be born son. I'm grateful for what I had won, but every once in awhile, I think about how my life would have changed if that 6th number would have been correct.

I happen to like B rats. Well, not all.
I remember mentioning that to my 1st Class Petty Officer. A couple days later, I came back to my berth on board and found 2 cases leaning against the door. The embarked Marines spent days looking for the missing cases.
And that's nothing compared with how he got thousands of dollars in parts to fix our electronic gear.
The man was a jewel. Navy finally did something right and promoted him to Chief.

I went from C-rations then way later on the the MREs. BTW, the c-rations that I ate when I got out the first time in 1979 were stamped with 1944/45 on the boxes!

I didn't get sick from eating any of them. On the other hand, I could look at an MRE now and puke my guts out.

Did they ever stop issuing these? I still have mine!

SAM_3574.JPG

Does anyone remember reading a story in high school literature about the founder of Tabasco sauce and his time in Mexico eating peppers that were hot as duck with a Mexican restaurant owner? I remember reading it. One of the few things I do remember, most of the shit we read wasn't my kind of reading.

I don't know about that story but this guy is sadistic. Just watching this video hurts my tongue and burns my eyes.

As long as you aren't taking food off of the table, I see no reason to play a few dollars whenever the numbers get super high. Like I tell my wife, "Someone has to win, it might as well be me.".

Years ago, when we were expecting our 1st child, our state lottery had a subscription service for what was called the LOTTO. One day, I opened an envelope from our state Treasury office. I had won $1098. This was 1985, so it' wasn't chump change. I looked up my numbers. Seems I had hit 5 out of 6 numbers. The 6th number was 1 number off. I had 27 and the number drawn was 28.

IF I had hit that 6th number, I would have won 1.2 million dollars. Oh well. At least what I had won was used to set up the nursery for my soon to be born son. I'm grateful for what I had won, but every once in awhile, I think about how my life would have changed if that 6th number would have been correct.
I won a local lottery in Incirlik Turkey during the late 90s. 11.5 million lira. It bought dinner and drinks for me an 3 guys.

There is a reason that statisticians and economists refer to lotteries as voluntary taxes.
I always heard the lottery tickets are taxes for people that are bad at math. Voluntary taxes is pretty good, too. I kinda wish we had the lottery here in Utah so my property taxes would be lower.

Reactions: hermosabeach
People who win 1million plus in the lotto tend to file for bankruptcy within 3 years... nfl players - same thing- bankrupt within 3 years

People who are bad with money play lotto