• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

1613035390789.png

WTF?
There's a lot of fail in this post.

You really know not much about this stuff, do you?

That's an Allison v-1710. It is single staged supercharged. It was also used in a P-38 lightning that added turbochargers.

I won't address the rest of it except to say that you fail this class in a spectacular fashion.
Hay fuckwhit simple search says this version was in the P-63/A-bla bla bla.

so fuck right off and do a little research.
1613042909321.png

Actually had a man come into my ER with Super Glue in his eyes. He was a middle-aged guy, who had a small table next to his easy chair. The table had the usual assortment of junk. He reached while watching a game on TV, and thought he had his eye drops. Instead he put two drops of cyanoacrylate into each eye, and glued them shut. Competely.
Admittedly, I was a bit outside my scope of experience, so I talked to the Ophthalmologist in the big city. He said, "Happens here about once or twice a week." His advice was to just leave them glued shut, until the body eventually replaced the skin cells lining the eyelid margins. He suggested it takes between 3-7 days. He also advised that trying to remove or dissolve the glue in any manner resulted in unacceptable damage. Eventually, that was the way it turned out. He called in sick for three days, and was eventually able to open his eyes, and peel the flaking remainders of the glue off the margins himself. No damage to the eyes themselves, at all.
Dumb shit.

Actually had a man come into my ER with Super Glue in his eyes. He was a middle-aged guy, who had a small table next to his easy chair. The table had the usual assortment of junk. He reached while watching a game on TV, and thought he had his eye drops. Instead he put two drops of cyanoacrylate into each eye, and glued them shut. Competely.
Admittedly, I was a bit outside my scope of experience, so I talked to the Ophthalmologist in the big city. He said, "Happens here about once or twice a week." His advice was to just leave them glued shut, until the body eventually replaced the skin cells lining the eyelid margins. He suggested it takes between 3-7 days. He also advised that trying to remove or dissolve the glue in any manner resulted in unacceptable damage. Eventually, that was the way it turned out. He called in sick for three days, and was eventually able to open his eyes, and peel the flaking remainders of the glue off the margins himself. No damage to the eyes themselves, at all.
Dumb shit.
I have a cousin that did the same thing. He stopped after the first eye, though.

Reactions: Barneybdb and lash
I was gluing pads the brackets for the fuel tanks on a semi once. They keep the metal from wearing through the tank. The first one I started at the top and worked toward the bottom. Before i got there the top fell off, and put a bunch of super weather strip adhesive in hair. That took a while to wear out.

Reactions: Barneybdb
I was gluing pads the brackets for the fuel tanks on a semi once. They keep the metal from wearing through the tank. The first one I started at the top and worked toward the bottom. Before i got there the top fell off, and put a bunch of super weather strip adhesive in hair. That took a while to wear out.
The super weather strip adhesive is what we used for those as well.

People(not myself) have used glue to do up their mohawk hairdos for over 50 years. Even someone with a mohawk knows to be picky about what glue you put in your hair.

• Haha
Reactions: Barneybdb
With redundant levels of fail safes in these weapons there is ZERO chances of an accidental critical mass detonation but I would have still shit myself at the prospect of a shaped charge detonation!

In a 52D that was probably loaded with LOTS of fuel (and water) to take off with. Those old nukes weren't small... or light.

Plus, the potential crap he was facing was probably not a fun prospect either.

Hay fuckwhit simple search says this version was in the P-63/A-bla bla bla.

so fuck right off and do a little research.
View attachment 7553027
Did I specifically mention the P-63? No. I wasn't going to spend the time to shred every piece of FAIL that came out of your post.
Hey you, FUCKWIT, why don't YOU do some research (besides wiki that gets a lot wrong on WWII aircraft) before making STUPID, IGNORANT posts.
Good God what a moron you are.

Try wwiiperformance.net next time to see how marvelous your post was.

Let's start with the early Mustang. It was an A-36 Apache. (Not an A10 as you said) It ran an Allison. The P-51A.... Allison. They fit just fine thank you. The aircraft was designed around that engine. None of that "too big" horseshit you posted. They didn't go to the Merlin until later and it wasn't because of fit, but high altitude performance and better fuel economy.

The P-63 was the final iteration of the P-39. The P-39 was originally designed to use a turbocharger. That idea was abandoned for a myriad of reasons. Availability, politics and poor CoG amongst them.

And then that rich statement about we didn't use those fancy turbochargers or superchargers. Most all of the engines used forced induction of one sort or another. On edit, neither of those two (p-39, p-61) ever reached the performance goals they were after. Allies generally used the aircraft in secondary theaters because they just weren't that good. They lost performance over 12,000 feet or so. Only the Soviets liked them and then only in ground attack roles. Even they often replaced the Allison with their Klimov engines.

Why don't you go and put on your little beach ball beanie with the propeller on it and go sit in the corner for awhile. Dunce.

And stop making stupid posts.

Jesus H Christ.... you can't even spell "fuckwit" properly and you want to lecture me on a subject you clearly know nothing about.

What's next? Are you going to post some chart you found and tell Frank he doesn't know about long range shooting?

Last edited:
Did I specifically mention the P-63? No. I wasn't going to spend the time to shred every piece of FAIL that came out of your post.
Hey you, FUCKWIT, why don't YOU do some research (besides wiki that gets a lot wrong on WWII aircraft) before making STUPID, IGNORANT posts.
Good God what a moron you are.

Try wwiiperformance.net next time to see how marvelous your post was.

Let's start with the early Mustang. It was an A-36 Apache. (Not an A10 as you said) It ran an Allison. The P-51A.... Allison. They fit just fine thank you. The aircraft was designed around that engine. None of that "too big" horseshit you posted. They didn't go to the Merlin until later and it wasn't because of fit, but high altitude performance and better fuel economy.

The P-63 was the final iteration of the P-39. The P-39 was originally designed to use a turbocharger. That idea was abandoned for a myriad of reasons. Availability, politics and poor CoG amongst them.

And then that rich statement about we didn't use those fancy turbochargers or superchargers. Most all of the engines used forced induction of one sort or another. On edit, neither of those two (p-39, p-61) ever reached the performance goals they were after. Allies generally used the aircraft in secondary theaters because they just weren't that good. They lost performance over 12,000 feet or so. Only the Soviets liked them and then only in ground attack roles. Even they often replaced the Allison with their Klimov engines.

Why don't you go and put on your little beach ball beanie with the propeller on it and go sit in the corner for awhile. Dunce.

And stop making stupid posts.

Jesus H Christ.... you can't even spell "fuckwit" properly and you want to lecture me on a subject you clearly know nothing about.

What's next? Are you going to post some chart you found and tell Frank he doesn't know about long range shooting?
My uncle told me the P39... Aircobra? Had the drive shaft for the propeller run between the legs of the pilot from the engine. Is that true?