• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

1622186131301.png

Johnny Hoogerland, hit by a media car, knocked through a barbed wire fence and still finished the race, kept the KoM jersey and won most aggressive rider for the day...bad ass

1622207327984.png

1622207387246.png

1622207518343.png

Then there is Larens ten Dam, crashed on a descent and still finished the stage

1622207590433.png

Basketball has become like soccer, a diving event not held in a pool.

Attachments

• 1622207355934.png
    1622207355934.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 50
  • 1622207355463.png
    1622207355463.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 69
Those guys are friggen Tough
Grew up playing hockey since I was 5 years old and finally hung up the skates after two years playing in college. Multiple broken noses, ribs, fractured orbital ridge, broken teeth, dislocated collar bone and too many stitches to count. Thought I was tough until I started racing bikes and never suffered so much in my life. Professional cyclists are freaks. The amount of watts they can generate for extended periods of time given their body weight is absolutely amazing.

Bolt the fastest man in the world was asked why don’t you run longer distances ....”it hurts to much”. Those top of the food chain guys are pushing hard

those tour guys pushing 160+ beats per minute for 3-5 hours per stage. No standing, no slacking, and another hill coming.

riding distance isn’t the same as other sports. It’s all internal will, it seems like a team sport which in strategy it is, but it’s lonely like tennis or boxing.

Mountain Lion, cougar, panther, puma, same thing. They're both dumb, one just a little more so.
Panther is a word referring to the animals of the genus Panthera that includes lion, tiger, jaguar, leopard, etc whereas Puma refers to the animals belonging to the genus Puma. Puma are also known as cougar, mountain lion, catamounts and by a variety of other local names.

Reactions: jrassy
I don't claim tough but 75 miles into a 100 miler even without a crash when everything hurts there is some mental toughness needed.

I always have said mile 60-80 of a century was the worst for me...every fucking time...never changes. Some reason the last 20 of a century, for me, is like a second wind and I can pound em out with the best of them.

Reactions: canman
I always have said mile 60-80 of a century was the worst for me...every fucking time...never changes. Some reason the last 20 of a century, for me, is like a second wind and I can pound em out with the best of them.
That's because once you get to 80 you can smell the end, at mile 60 the only thing in your future is suffering.

Panther is also a general term for cats that have a unicolor coat, which is why they call the black puma, a panther. Oh, and that black text sucks to read.

When I could still run I always said I would run the last mile twice I i didn't have to run the first.

Wish I could still do a century. My hands and shoulders are no longer up to the task.

Worst century I ever did was out of Kennewick, WA. I rode solo out of town east with a tailwind, was absolutely fling for about the first 30, made the turn at Dayton headed to Walla Walla and was in the valleys so it was cool. Made the turn at Walla Walla back to Kennewick and I was riding into the teeth of a 20 MPH headwind, I swear I was having to pedal down hill.

I rolled into Pasco and it looked post apocalyptic, dust and tumble weeds blowing in the street. I broke through the 100 mile point and pulled into a 7-eleven, drank a quart of sports drink, ate and snickers, and called my ex on a payphone (this was pre cell days) to come the last 7 miles and get my broken down arse, because I was done.

It has been so windy here in North Carolina lately it feels like your riding into the wind both ways

Reactions: 502Chevelle
When I was training for racing riding 70 miles or century was just a weekend training ride. Lost count of the number of centuries I rode for both training and organized rides. Some were fun and others absolute misery. Usually hit the doldrums around 65 -70 miles and would ask my myself wtf was I thinking for signing up for this. Then around 15 miles left to go with the help of a no-doz and ibuprofen my legs would come back to life for a strong finish. Long distance cycling is more of a mind game than anything else.

When I was racing I rode to work every day. 50 miles round trip. A lot of days I’d take the long way home and ride around the lakes to make it a 100km day. I miss riding my bike. After we moved to Oregon I gave it up and started fishing. People here are evil to cyclists. I felt much safer in OK. Eating 5-6000 calories a day and losing weight is pretty baller if you like to eat as much as I do.

I worked in a bike shop in Durango, CO in the early 2000’s. Lots of great riders, and pro’s, in town.
Every year around the summer solstice a group would ride the whole San Juan Skyway, 236 miles, over all those mountain passes. They called it the Death Ride. Some years it took 12+ hours.
I never did it, or wanted to. A windy day could make it extra hard.

I worked in a bike shop in Durango, CO in the early 2000’s. Lots of great riders, and pro’s, in town.
Every year around the summer solstice a group would ride the whole San Juan Skyway, 236 miles, over all those mountain passes. They called it the Death Ride. Some years it took 12+ hours.
Sep Kuse ?

There are people that do the High Point to Cape May ride in NJ in one day. 208 miles. And if you know anything about drivers in NJ, it might be closer to being a "death ride" LOL

My favorite ride is near Mt. Tam, in Norcal. About 80 miles but 5,500 feet in climbing. The hardest hills come at the end, and is a real test of character. Bolinas to Ridgecrest, then up the Seven Sisters. The Bolinas to Ridgecrest is where they do the Mt. Tam hill climb race, 12% grade for two miles. Not a century in miles, but easily one in endurance.

My favorite ride is near Mt. Tam, in Norcal. About 80 miles but 5,500 feet in climbing. The hardest hills come at the end, and is a real test of character. Bolinas to Ridgecrest, then up the Seven Sisters. The Bolinas to Ridgecrest is where they do the Mt. Tam hill climb race, 12% grade for two miles. Not a century in miles, but easily one in endurance.

Only way I would attempt 12 percent these days is on an escalator.

Why in hell not drive to the top and ride down.

Lol

Reactions: 22Hshots