• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

Funny thing, I never lost a 10mm socket until about 1985. I can tell you honestly, I never lost a 10mm socket in the 70's.
I didn’t even own a 10mm socket in the ‘70s, so I also never lost one then.

On a slightly different note, all early 80s and 90s GM cars used 11mm bolts on a number of places, but no metric socket sets regularly available had any 11mm socket in them. I had to search around to find one separately.

On a slightly different note, all early 80s and 90s GM cars used 11mm bolts on a number of places, but no metric socket sets regularly available had any 11mm socket in them. I had to search around to find one separately.
I just used a 7/stinks.

10mm and 15mm get used a lot, but don't come in a lot of sets. I spent as much for my 15mm impact sockets in my 3/8 drive set and my 18mm in 1/2 drive set as the entire rest of the impact socket sets. Them fuckers that put together metric socket sets be shaaadeyyyyy. Shit my 1/4 drive SAE set, has fractions I have never even heard of. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I guess in fairness my metric 1/4 drive set is in .5mm increments. 🤷‍♂️

2BDF5557-C7F8-4A33-B778-53079B6C3B31.jpeg

10mm and 15mm get used a lot, but don't come in a lot of sets. I spent as much for my 15mm impact sockets in my 3/8 drive set and my 18mm in 1/2 drive set as the entire rest of the impact socket sets. Them fuckers that put together metric socket sets be shaaadeyyyyy. Shit my 1/4 drive SAE set, has fractions I have never even heard of. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I guess in fairness my metric 1/4 drive set is in .5mm increments. 🤷‍♂️
Where the heck are you guys buying your tools? I've been working on VW's since 1970, and the only socket I found to be rare to find in a set was 18mm, because there weren't many bolts that used that size. Everything else was readily available from Craftsman, Snap-On, MAC, etc. in sets.