• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

@canman - I have a good friend who retired from the fire service a few years back.

works 1/2 time in our ER as a Medic/Tech.
Mostly to keep outta trouble.
as he says “just 3 12 hr days every 2 weeks???”

Enjoys doing his thing and helping folks without the pressure of 0230 calls, fires, extrication, and always having back up around.
His statements about it echo yours exactly.

When I was a charge in the ED, seeing 130 pts in 12 hrs through the door, was great to have his 35-40 yrs of experience to keep the youngsters calm.
28 yr old nurse freaking out about charting.
Tom says “scribble notes, chart later, we got shit to do”.

F8A7512D-9406-4A7E-B6F5-16C130EBC251.jpeg

I hate to admit it, but I will be 60 in a couple months. Even though I’m getting older, I refuse to get old. My body says FU, I’m tired, but I’m fighting it. Will be diving to 105’ for Meg teeth this weekend, hope to have pics for y’all.
I call first dibs on any teeth you find! PM me for my address.... :LOL: .....take some pliers to pull those teeth! Megalodon teeth gotta be the coolest fossilized remains ever!
1633112562014.png

If percussion sensitive priming compounds like mercury fulminate and lead styphenate had been discovered and used alongside gunpowder since gunpowder had started to be weaponized, some nasty and effective contact detonation mines and booby traps could have been made out of those things.

I hear ya. I retired from the Fire Service at 62. I thought I could last until 65 but it was obvious I couldn't keep up. I didn't want to be the guy you was alive and not able to go 110% to get a Brother out of a jam. I even stuck around for a couple of years on EMS and even that was not doable after 64, Young mans game...just have to realize when other peoples lives are in the balance

I tip my hat to you, sir.

41 years old, career for 20 years. I ain't going another 21 years. No way in hell! People are getting dumber, and calling for dumber shit, more and more every year. I've got enough part time ways to make money and a damn nice place way out in the country to live on. 5 to 10 more years is the best I got left in me. I want to leave healthy and be my own boss. Plus I've got shooting and hunting to do!

I thought that I had pretty much seen almost everything stoopid in the HVAC business. I've seen cracked fan blades with 1X4's screwed to them. I've seen fan motors mounted upside down, I've seen rope used to replace a fan belt, I've had naked women answer the door, some of the most disgusting homes you have ever seen, a dirt floor shack with a high seer heat pump and today I think I have almost reached the pinnacle.
PXL_20211001_152122130.jpg

Yes, that is a t-shirt that was being used for a filter.
And I was hoping to just replace capacitors and clean clogged drains today.

Now I've been edumacated, yeah, I recognize the names. Dumbest movie I've ever tried to watch, although "big lebowsky" (?) might be contender for that title. Netflix recommended a while back. What a pile of steaming BS.

Coen bro's did make a couple worth watching. Old Country and Fargo are good for me. The rest belong on the same pile as the former-mentioned..
You shut your whore mouth

I thought that I had pretty much seen almost everything stoopid in the HVAC business. I've seen cracked fan blades with 1X4's screwed to them. I've seen fan motors mounted upside down, I've seen rope used to replace a fan belt, I've had naked women answer the door, some of the most disgusting homes you have ever seen, a dirt floor shack with a high seer heat pump and today I think I have almost reached the pinnacle.
View attachment 7713377

Looks like you need a clean shirt..........

Reactions: DarnYankeeUSMC
View attachment 7713377
Maybe thats just their Rona filter.... Ya know, 2 layers of cotton will save your life!!!!

I hate to admit it, but I will be 60 in a couple months. Even though I’m getting older, I refuse to get old. My body says FU, I’m tired, but I’m fighting it. Will be diving to 105’ for Meg teeth this weekend, hope to have pics for y’all.
Age is a mindset. Dont believe you're getting old, just take care of yourself and for God's sake eat a carrot or 2!!

Reactions: 502Chevelle