• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

photo_2022-01-19_12-53-44.jpg

I'm a rock climber that's free solo'ed routes that were too hard for my skill level to do unroped but I got lucky enough times to eventually get smart enough to quit soloing hard shit. Roped and harnessed, I've taken somewhere around a thousand lead falls, but I probably would not have taken on the risk if I didn't believe in the system. Hopefully, antenna climbers are just using the gear in case there is a freak accident.
I'm a rock climber also, haven't taken nearly as many lead falls as you, but I've taken a bunch. Usually because I was trying a route above my skill level; but plenty of times from just missing a hold or making a bad move/mistake.

As far as antenna climbers gear, we mostly use it for positioning...when you're working aloft, you need to use both hands or you're worthless to the crew. High angle rescue is another great skill set to have, thankfully I've never needed to use it for an actual emergency, it's a lot of fun in training though.

mmm....like this...
f3626fc1-fcd1-4516-b7af-575d3b3762c3_1920x1080.jpg
Ouchie. That doesn't look like any airbag injury I have seen. That look like a pedestrian got hit by a car or a motorcycle accident.

The foot on the dash usually winds up driving the occupants knee into their face, sometimes breaking the leg above the ankle. Everyone is different though because the occupant position is never exactly the same, the angle of the collision is never the same and the method of deployment and type of airbag are never the same.

She didn't send pictures but she described it something like that. I think she said something about the girl being lucky that morphine was invented.
mmm....like this...
f3626fc1-fcd1-4516-b7af-575d3b3762c3_1920x1080.jpg
I give you guys that work trauma/er/EMT and the rest credit. It's amazing what the human body can take and y'all deal with it.

My daughter called to tell about the girl that had both feet on the dash in an accident and the airbag did wonders to her body.
Feet belong on the floor.
I’ll drop you on the side of the road if you put your fucking feet on my dash.you get told once, then bye. It not a safety thing it’s a respect thing.

Go air your snatch out somewhere else.

Last edited:
She didn't send pictures but she described it something like that. I think she said something about the girl being lucky that morphine was invented.

I give you guys that work trauma/er/EMT and the rest credit. It's amazing what the human body can take and y'all deal with it.
Not too long ago that would have been fatal. I have some awesome pics of bullets in the final positions on X-rays. Patients living and chatting it up, never a clue how close they came except for modern treatment.

Last edited:
Reactions: Barneybdb
From my perspective, always wear one.
8 yrs on a busy mtn freeway in FD/EMS and 20 yrs in a trauma center tell me its a good idea.

My brother was in a crash with my cousin when he was 12 and my cousin was 17.
Had he had his seatbelt on, he woulda died for sure.
Rolled 11 times, ejected on roll 5 they think (based on where he landed)
Stitches and a concussion.
Better chance of dying from the Rona than that being the case.

Just saw one with crushed T3 and T4 from unrestrained rollover. like a dang jumbo marshmallow squished kinda gone.
I was going to the station when I got hit. I’ve been thrown out of a vehicle also. Hell, I almost was ejected out of a engine going to a call. I was getting my gear situated and stood up for a second like everyone does, they took a hard right and I’m on the drivers side and the door latch failed(they replaced it later) and it swung open, I started grabbing everything in sight lol.

QD 1 Pcs Bottle Opener Seat Belt Clip and 1 Pcs Car Metal Seat Belt Clip Universal Car Seat Belt Buckle Auto Seat Belt Plug Insert Alarm Stopper

How am I supposed to open another beer driving? I don’t want to deal with the dinging.

My former best friend (RIP) was a senior pilot for a major airline. They encountered severe turbulence - I think only once in his long career. There was lipstick on the overhead baggage lockers, alongside holes from the passengers stiletto heels. They never determined if those were from the same trip.

I've had bruises on my waist from the seatbelt on two occasions. Not fun. The worst was in a 777 headed to London.
46429152_2270855426261085_799338270424039424_n.jpg

The clouds in that pic were being blown up by severe winds over the coast of Spain - which you would never usually fly over from ATL, the weather on the usual circle route was far worse that night. The pilot came on the intercom to warn us, and there was no breakfast service. He said it was the fastest he had ever crossed the Atlantic, but we were in for a rough ride. He was not wrong. We were getting tossed about like a rag doll in a 200-ton airplane.

In over 20 years of more-than-weekly travel, I've had my fun. I used to fly myself, however, so no fear. Doesn't make ot comfortable.