• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MPA chassis cerakote so weak

eric1911

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 29, 2020
Just received my brand new MPA Matrix chassis.
The cerakote coating is so weak.
Some coating under the screw peeled off right after I tightened the screw.
Multiple spots got wear off before I got chance to shoot.

Update from MPA:
we have had some sporadic issues recently with this one specific H-229 (Sniper Green) with adhesion issues. No issues with any of our other 15+ colors of cerakote we spray. Something about this one color is causing us problems. We are actually discontinuing this color offering from NIC and have replaced it with H-240 (which we have been painting for years with no issues).

I am happy with the quick response from MPA. Great team.

Attachments

• 42A496BD-7877-401D-9D37-0B65036AD1C1.jpeg
    42A496BD-7877-401D-9D37-0B65036AD1C1.jpeg
    471.4 KB · Views: 189
  • 1D6B9228-2F0E-428E-83CF-611F674E4086.jpeg
    1D6B9228-2F0E-428E-83CF-611F674E4086.jpeg
    462.7 KB · Views: 181
  • D4164F4B-218F-434A-A29D-B690AC85CF48.jpeg
    D4164F4B-218F-434A-A29D-B690AC85CF48.jpeg
    586.8 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
Yes I thought it was just mine. It sticks good to the barrel. It would come off with your fingernail on my chassis. I think it sticks better to steel than aluminum.

personally if i run into an issue with something i'm not going to share it with the world. i give the manufacturer a chance to rectify it first without excuses. internets forums can't fix it, trust me i've asked! 😂

personally if i run into an issue with something i'm not going to share it with the world. i give the manufacturer a chance to rectify it first without excuses. internets forums can't fix it, trust me i've asked! 😂
You are right.
I post this on impulse. My bad.
I forgot MPA could do something for me to fix it.

actually I planned not to bother the coating until I saw the coating peeled off after I hand tightened the nightvision bridge screw.

Anybody has similar issue?
Every dealing I've had with the MPA team has been amazing.
I'm sure if you contact them they'll look after you.

No company can supply 100% perfect products, 100% of the time.
How they deal with any issues is how we should measure them by.
Just my opinion anyway

Anybody has similar issue?
Eric, we have had some sporadic issues recently with this one specific H-229 (Sniper Green) with adhesion issues. No issues with any of our other 15+ colors of cerakote we spray. Something about this one color is causing us problems. We are actually discontinuing this color offering from NIC and have replaced it with H-240 (which we have been painting for years with no issues). Please contact me ([email protected]) and we will get that chassis back and take care of the issue. Sorry for this inconvenience.

Eric, we have had some sporadic issues recently with this one specific H-229 (Sniper Green) with adhesion issues. No issues with any of our other 15+ colors of cerakote we spray. Something about this one color is causing us problems. We are actually discontinuing this color offering from NIC and have replaced it with H-240 (which we have been painting for years with no issues). Please contact me ([email protected]) and we will get that chassis back and take care of the issue. Sorry for this inconvenience.

Thanks for your help.
I should contact you first, instead of posting here.