• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MSAR owners...GET IN HERE!!!

BravoSector1

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 26, 2011
    Idaho
    I see a lot of numbnuts
    confused.gif
    (no disrespect intended) selling their MSAR rifles after the company went Tango Uniform. I'm hanging onto mine. Weapon is 100%, right barrel twist for all fodder...and RATWORX still carries accessories.

So...are you selling or keeping it for the collection?

Re: MSAR owners...GET IN HERE!!!

I'm going to hang on to mine - works great w/can. Reliable, accurate lots of fun.

Yeap, I am keeping mine. Great riffle and a lot of fun shooting it.

Sold mine when the rifle wouldn't work and the company stole thousands of dollars worth of magazines from customers they told to send them in...

...not to get off topic.

But all power to you if it works and they didn't rip you off for mags.

Keeping.

Mine is accurate and reliable. I have plenty of magazines.

As for Ratworx, they are PERPETUALLY out of stock on the items I'd like to buy, so they aren't very promising. I'd like to get the hybrid bolt and trigger packs so I can use existing AR parts as spares. Those have been out of stock as long as I can remember and are still out of stock today.

Those guys don't seem to be interested in running a business.

A lot of drama behind the company that folks outside the industry might not hear about. Sold mine off to a collector friend to fund something else. This was before their financial problems caught up with them.

Folks that got working rifles love them. Folks that got a lemon either got fed up with the repeated trips back to the factory or passed the gun to someone else. If I get another AUG bug, I'll wait for Steyr to fire up production again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bedlam</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Keeping.

Mine is accurate and reliable. I have plenty of magazines.

As for Ratworx, they are PERPETUALLY out of stock on the items I'd like to buy, so they aren't very promising. I'd like to get the hybrid bolt and trigger packs so I can use existing AR parts as spares. Those have been out of stock as long as I can remember and are still out of stock today.

</div></div>

I'm on the waiting list with them for the trigger pack (already got a hybrid bolt), they said they have received some over the last couple months. They're just working their way down the waiting list as units dribble in rather than updating the website status. Just give them a call to get on the list, nice people. Evidently the folks making those (they're not made by Ratworx) are having some issues. The only thing I really dislike about mine is the trigger but it works and I've got plenty of mags too. I hope to get the new trigger pack sooner or later but even if not it's a hell of a lot of fun for bouncing beverage cans.

I got my MSAR before they went belly up. I got a used one that was reasonably priced and it has been 100% for me. I am also pretty happy as I got the exact one I wanted, tan gen 4 flat top. It came with a ton of mags (over a dozen) and I picked up a few more, mainly the translucent ones. I plan on holding on to it as the market seems very soft on them and the mags are legal in Hawai'i (AR mags over 10rd fall into a grey area) where I plan on moving in the near future. But having said that, I did pick up an FN FS2000 that make take the MSAR place. If I ever get the right trade offer, the MSAR or FN may go. But I have no plans on getting rid of them.

Hade one and sold it...... Got ALOT for it locally, basically paid the ballence of my truck off.
    I dont really regret selling it, I like my Ar's better. To each his own thow..... Talk of someone taking over and rebuilding them again..... Might consider buying one.

Sold mine. It was neat but I just couldnt fall in love.

The inability to switch left to right , the goofball mags, (mine was an e3) and the gas port waiting to burn my poor little nubbies all added up to selling it to buy a supressor.

Malfunction clearing drills were also more difficult than I would have liked.

Rusty

Keeping it, maybe they will make them again or Steyr will step up to the plate with a US made AUG... either of which would probably cause me to buy another!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: zdp189</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will not part with mine.

TR-35.jpg
    </div></div>

That's what I like to see. I'm searching for a 20" barrel for a DMR version. The 1/8 twist is perfect and it loves the heavy match stuff. Trigger isn't the best but you can train to it. I just can't let mine go.

I'm planning on selling mine when this deployment is over, but I already have 2 Steyrs so it won't leave a hole in the collection.