• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My bolt gun collection is now complete

jlficken

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 4, 2006
Aurora, NE
It took awhile but I'm done. I'm happy with all of the optics and rifles as is and have plenty of ammo to feed them for a long, long time.

I need to find somewhere else to shoot though as my local range closed /images/smilies/icon_smile_sad.gif

Sako TRG-22 in 308Win w/ Bushnell DMR II
Accuracy International AT in 308 Win w/ 3-18x50mm Vortex Gen II Razor
Desert Tech SRS A1 in 300WM (also have a 308 conversion kit) w/ Bushnell DMR II
Bighorn TL-2 in 223Rem (KRG Bravo) w/ Bushnell DMR II
Tikka CTR in 308 with a KRG Bravo (CTR mags) with 4.5-18x44mm Bushnell LRTS

preview

Last edited:
Not even one 6.5? I regret to inform you that you’re not done just yet.

It's merely a barrel away and a couple of minutes to swap on the AI or DT if I ever change my mind. I doubt I will though as I have more 308 components than I'll ever use.

Hahahahaha

Done? There is no done.

I thought I was done then an ax arrived and my DT turned into 2

Now my NFS are trying to turn into ZCOs

You may be right but I really can't justify ZCO's with my vision as I just can't see the difference.

Quite a group of rifles! You’re certainly partial to Bushnell.
It seems strange though, I never thought ‘I’m done’ is possible. This is a Man Card test, isn’t it?

Reactions: deersniper
that is a nice collection but are you sure its complete no other bolt guns needed or wanted , if it is complete what's next ?
Sure the hot chick is fun for a month or so then you see another and another and sooner or later the quest continues .

Reactions: deersniper
Quite a group of rifles! You’re certainly partial to Bushnell.
It seems strange though, I never thought ‘I’m done’ is possible. This is a Man Card test, isn’t it?

I'm not exactly partial to Bushnell, however, they are the best dollar to performance option out there right now. The last DMR II was $800 new and the LRTS was $750. I can't think of any better deal out there for a Made in Japan optic with those features.

The Zero Stop is also dead simple to set compared to the Gen II Razor and many other scopes.

Reactions: 65x55guy
that is a nice collection but are you sure its complete no other bolt guns needed or wanted , if it is complete what's next ?

Yeah I really could get by with just the SRS A1 and the TL-2 for my needs.

I'm also out of room in my safe and I limit myself to a single safe.

I'll probably grab a DWX next year but I'm honestly good otherwise.

Not having a range at the moment doesn't really cause me to want to buy too much right now.

I'm not exactly partial to Bushnell, however, they are the best dollar to performance option out there right now. The last DMR II was $800 new and the LRTS was $750. I can't think of any better deal out there for a Made in Japan optic with those features.

The Zero Stop is also dead simple to set compared to the Gen II Razor and many other scopes.

The zero stop on the Rzr is awesome but I wish it was a little bit less razors edge fine adjustable.

Impressive collection, but I don’t think I’d ever be so brave as to say “Done”!!!

Nearly complete now. All I need are the spacers for the stock that I ordered from Bertta a couple of days ago.

Getting the rail off that the bipod was on was a PITA and required a heat gun, hammer, and ultimately a drill but it is done. I HATE red loctite. Now I know to skip the attempt at hammering a Torx bit into the stripped allen head (it doesn't work) and just drill the thing out right away if it happens again.

I found a guy that said I could come shoot at his range too so I'm happy about that! It's only 250yds but that's better than the 0yds I had at the beginning of the day.

preview

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeremy45
I don’t see a muzzle break on the Desert Tech SRS A1 in 300WM. Do you not use one. How hard is recoil to manage?
do you like it.
This very impressive rifles you have.

Last edited:
It's merely a barrel away and a couple of minutes to swap on the AI or DT if I ever change my mind. I doubt I will though as I have more 308 components than I'll ever use.
More 308 components than you’ll ever use... If you decide on a “gun room clean out sale” I’ll be ready! 👍

I don’t see a muzzle break on the Desert Tech SRS A1 in 300WM. Do you not use one. How hard is recoil to manage?
do you like it.
This very impressive rifles you have.

I actually have a brake but never installed it as to my shoulder the recoil of it feels the same as the AI AT. I could honestly shoot the SRS A1 in 300WM all day long I believe. It's odd, however, that's the way it feels to me.

If I could only keep one rifle it'd be the SRS A1. It's not what I'd call smooth, however, it's accurate and is very versatile.

I call shenanigans too. I can’t believe I would ever say that a collection that includes an AI and a DT is incomplete but... imo, you’re short at least something in 6mm and 7mm. A few barrel nut style prefits in those chamberings will suffice though

And you managed to keep your feet out of the photo... well done!

Now that the rifles and optics are set, its time for some accessories.

Thunderbeast Ultras... get 2.

And you managed to keep your feet out of the photo... well done!

Now that the rifles and optics are set, its time for some accessories.

Thunderbeast Ultras... get 2.

I worked hard on the no feet challenge :)

I have a AAC 762SD that I can use on the TRG, however, I really don't care much for suppressors. I use them on HD guns but other than that they just don't do anything for me. I have an unused Spectre II that I've had now for over 4 years.

You're done for what's available at the moment. One of @THEIS Hoplite rifles would fit in great with that family.

Great looking family other than the picture needs to be flipped (lefty guns).

If I said I was done buying guns my wife would be rolling on the ground laughing. If I had a serious face she would probably rush me to the ER!

Reactions: isofahunter
It took awhile but I'm done. I'm happy with all of the optics and rifles as is and have plenty of ammo to feed them for a long, long time.

I need to find somewhere else to shoot though as my local range closed /images/smilies/icon_smile_sad.gif

Sako TRG-22 in 308Win w/ Bushnell DMR II
Accuracy International AT in 308 Win w/ 3-18x50mm Vortex Gen II Razor
Desert Tech SRS A1 in 300WM (also have a 308 conversion kit) w/ Bushnell DMR II
Bighorn TL-2 in 223Rem (KRG Bravo) w/ Bushnell DMR II
Tikka CTR in 308 with a KRG Bravo (CTR mags) with 4.5-18x44mm Bushnell LRTS

preview
Nice collection, but.....Tsk...Tsk...Tsk. Done?!?!? I hope not, cause then YOU are done. There's a whole big world out there. Go visit gun ranges, gun stores, read gun rags. Awareness is the initial step to a purchasing decision. Give me your credit card numbers, you aren't even out of the blocks yet. :) :) :)

Hmm, your typing so I gather you must still be alive. In that case I rather doubt that you are done with buying new bolt guns.

I think you must be having some post coital bliss after your last conquest. Give it a day or so and I think you'll find the urge returns.