• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My First Time: Tactics, VLTOR, PRS, Ergo.... PICS

GasLight

That Guy
Banned !
Minuteman
OK, this is the first time I have assembled an AR, so I thought I would post a couple pics to show what I got. The specs are:

Tactics SH lower
VLTOR MUR upper
Mil-spec 11.5 bbl w/A2 sight and standard carbine handguard (YAWN)
- will be replaced with a 6.5DD barrel and free float tube when I get barrel done.
Gissele High Speed Trigger
Magpul PRS stock
Ergo grip

Just need a carbine length gas tube, and some type of sight, and I will be able to shoot it.

iqloa8.jpg

2nvh2zm.jpg

Re: My First Time: Tactics, VLTOR, PRS, Ergo.... PICS

Nice. Thought I had a gas tube for ya, but dug around and couldn't find it.

Great start DD...you have to get a rail and a nice on heavy barrel on that beast. The PRS stocks are nice but heavy...A nice match grade barrel would balance it out. I've got a WOA SPR on mine. Shoots great with the 75's but a Grendel would be lights out.

This is basically a back up barrel in 5.56 for a SHTF situation, since I am so far out on the 6.5 barrel, I figured I would put this one on for now and shoot it. I think a quad rail would look pretty nice on it... but this will work for what is needed.

DD

If you've got that barrel/handguard gasblock, why don't you just get a beater upper receiver and have the whole 16" as a spare 556 upper, and build the Grendel or SPRish 556 on the Vltor?

Dave, I'm glad my lower is serving a good purpose for you. Any AR info you need, shoot me a pm. As you probably know, i changed the name of my company. I still will produce 50 or so more Tactics lowers until my marking variance gets approved. Good to see your building a gun up to shoot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you've got that barrel/handguard gasblock, why don't you just get a beater upper receiver and have the whole 16" as a spare 556 upper, and build the Grendel or SPRish 556 on the Vltor?</div></div>

This is something I have been entertaining for sure. the upper is the only piece I would need to have 2 complete uppers and the swapping would be much easier.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scottmilk9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dave, I'm glad my lower is serving a good purpose for you. Any AR info you need, shoot me a pm. As you probably know, i changed the name of my company. I still will produce 50 or so more Tactics lowers until my marking variance gets approved. Good to see your building a gun up to shoot.</div></div>

Scott, more/better is yet to come! Thanks for the lower! and yes I am aware you changed the company name, just threw Tactics in the title cause that is what mine is stamped
laugh.gif

Dave