• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

My GSG5

lawboy

Private
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2004
california
Hi, all. I lurk but rarely post. Have read many opinions here on this gun. I have had mine for almost a year. I like it a lot because it is very fun and it allows me to practice things like double taps on the moving, high barricade, low barricade, double taps from low ready on an advancing target, etc., in a fairly realistic way. Mine did have some issues. It started double tapping at one point and I sent it back to ATI via my dealer. They fixed it. I cracked two forends at the screw hole. They sent new ones for free. CS was very good, the stocks on the gun are VERY cheaply made. I ended up putting a retractable from Classic Army on and it is much better. I also put on a HK91 forend that is absolutely awesome. The gun feels like a real rifle now. Accuracy has been good. I can easily hit 4-inch steel swingers at 100yrds offhand with a red dot sight. The gun has not been ammunition sensitive at all. It will not cycle with some standard velocity ammo but the gun is intended for hv ammo.
I also have a CZ V22 upper on a Stag lower which had issues also but is now working fairly well. They are both fun. Some say get a 10/22 and if it is a matter of one but not both, I agree. If you can swing both -- I have probably $10k tied up in about 6 or 7 10/22 custom jobs -- then do so. The GSG is worth the tinkering.
gsg5003.jpg

Re: My GSG5

Lot of after market stuff for them,my 12 year old son loves his and I have a blast with it also.

Took it in the killhouse about 2 months ago and got my blaze on.....ROCK OUT WITH YOUR GSG5 OUT!!!

Re: My GSG5

I have one too and it's been 100% reliable and fun.Can't bring it to any friends home without burning up a brick.To the OP, where did you get the HK forend?