• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Photos my long range boom stick

Re: my long range boom stick

longest range we have in tennessee is 300 yards and my three round group was 1/2 inch groups.mostly me
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bulldog111111</div><div class="ubbcode-body">longest range we have in tennessee is 300 yards and my three round group was 1/2 inch groups.mostly me
wink.gif
</div></div>

UM there is a 1k range in TN

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bulldog111111</div><div class="ubbcode-body">longest range we have in tennessee is 300 yards and my three round group was 1/2 inch groups.mostly me
wink.gif
</div></div>

1/2 inch at 300yds? that's pretty good!! But it begs the question: Why would you build a .338Lapua to shoot 300yds? you can do that with a .223.

i live in knoxville and didn't want to drive that far out to middle tennessee. built it for when the kaos starts at least i told my wife that

Man, 1/2" @ 300 yards is pretty damn nifty shooting!

So I'm guessing that's a custom built action? I wasn't aware that the model 70 came in a .338 Lapua? TBH I don't know what the difference is between .338Lapua and .338WinMag.

Hell, I wouldn't even know they made a model 70 in .338 winmag if a buddy of mine wasn't recently looking at one...

I'd like to see the targets of the alleged 1/2" groups at 300 yards.
What are you running for optics? What's the weight of the rig?

Based on the width of the scope tube (1" it looks like) vs. the length of the ejection port, how do you put a 338LM in there?

Just sayin

C_K

I'm looking on my phone, could be wrong but it doesn't look long enough for that ginormous cartridge.