• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My name is TheHorta, and I have a problem...

Jesus Fuck, we have a Trekkie here...

Not seeing the problem. The United Federation of Planets is something we should all aspire to. It represents what is best with humanity.

Not seeing the problem. The United Federation of Planets is something we should all aspire to. It represents what is best with humanity.
B1AF5D90-05DE-4FB4-AE31-13305A0A2803.gif

Obviously you are single. You can “fix” half your problem by getting married. If you don’t fix the remaining half of your problem while married, you will get divorced and that will for sure “fix” it. Who knew women could be so “useful” at fixing problems such as these??

Given the lay of the land these days regarding women, I highly recommend you stay single a get dog if you need companionship and someone to talk about your problems with.

Obviously you are single. You can “fix” half your problem by getting married. If you don’t fix the remaining half of your problem while married, you will get divorced and that will for sure “fix” it. Who knew women could be so “useful” at fixing problems such as these??

Given the lay of the land these days regarding women, I highly recommend you stay single a get dog if you need companionship and someone to talk about your problems with.

With the same woman since 1989. :love:

Have 4 dogs, 9 cats, and a whole bunch of cows and other farm animals.

I have aspirations of these problems. I want to shoot a pig with that thermal scope!! That would be fun. Does, the thermal allow you to see the heat of the blood spray as it dies?

Reactions: TheHorta
Please tell me there's a 10-Step program for this affliction...

Actually, this isn't entirely in jest. I appear to have a minor problem spending a wildly disproportionate percentage of my discretionary (and, admittedly, not so discretionary) income on guns, gun stuff, training, night vision, thermal, and related accouterments. The KungFlu quarantine has exacerbated what was already an issue of intervention-worthy proportions. Without resorting to exaggeration or hyperbole (to which I'm naturally prone), I've conservatively spent well-north of $100K on such toys in the past three months ($25K of which was a new, decked-out 2020 Polaris Ranger, which sits in my barn with grand total of around 15 hours of use in the last 90 days). Most years, I'll spend 300+ days overseas. I've been home more in 2020 than I have in the last 3-4 years combined, which has exposed my soft underbelly that is extremely vulnerable to good deals on Pew Toys.

I've jumped, not waded, into all things KAC (SR-25, 2x SR-15's, WP PVS-30), SCAR-20, Agency Glocks, new day optics from SB, NF and a couple of new G3 1-10x Razors, crazy NV and thermal stuff (like, seriously crazy), even silly things like 20Km .MIL LRFs (which I have absolutely zero use for, but it was a great eBay deal), and a bunch of ancillary stuff like high-end Crye plate carriers and multiples of the Hesco plate deals from Kota, plus armorer kits, a boatload of cleaning kits and related supplies, suppressors (3x Ultra 9's, 2x KAC QDC, 2x Dominus SR, and 6x Form-1's), a bunch of MAWLs, and the dizzying array of Pew goes on and on. Hell, I just bought the last two Raptars in the Group Buy forum yesterday at $3K/each (which *was* a smokin' deal, but...)!

The "last straw" that led me to hopefully seek-out a 10-Step program from my fellow afflictee's was that I have this stuff cluttering virtually every room in my house and elsewhere. I'm tripping over the stuff. My wife rolls her eyes with more frequency than before and is even beginning to make comments (she's always rolled with whatever I wanted to do). The latest "straw" was yesterday, when I was cleaning out the drawers in one of my desks. I stumbled upon a DRS CS6000 thermal weapon scope I'd purchased back in *2016* that I never removed from the box. Along with the scope I found a new Elcan SpecterDR 1/4x, a USO LR17, a CNVD / PVS-24, and an Atilla-200 -- all of which I'd forgotten I even owned. They've been packed away for the last 3-5 years out-of-sight, unused. All good deals when I originally bought them, figuring I'd "get around to it" at some future time.

I started picking stuff up around the house and wanted to tuck it away into a small room upstairs, but that room is packed to the ceiling with more stuff I've acquired over the last 7-8 years. I've bought boxes MRE's, thousands in medical supplies (got my EMT-B a few years ago, "just because"), Marine IBLEs, Crye outfits that are still in the plastic wrap (seriously, like $5K in Crye clothes), I found an all-factory Krebs AK and a Saiga AK and 12ga that I forgot about, some BCM stuff, a .338 Savage with PMII 5-25 that I haven't shot in 5 years, and the list goes on (and on, and on..).

I shoot some, I train some, I have my own 200m range with IPSC plates, etc, but I stick with a handful of things to use and the rest just sits idly by collecting dust. Yet, I still peruse Armslist every day and get a metric ton of emails from all the well-known Purveyors of Pew on the planet, which I fall prey to with alarming consistency.

Am I the only one? Is this a unique problem? Or is everyone here just like me, in one form or another, and has a genetic legacy of "You can never have enough" when it comes to Pew Toys?

Seriously, I am shocked at the crap I've accumulated. I hoard like I should have my own Redneck reality TV show, and I rarely sell or trade anything I buy (I have serious separation anxiety issues). I can count on one hand the number of things I've sold or traded in the last 5 years, and have fingers left over.

Please... send help. :oops:

jJust send me the money and stuff you dont have room for. Ill hang on to it for you. Honest.

that's not a problem it's just a fine appreciation for firearms you can counter that buy buying more ammo stock piles of shiny ammo fill a room or two with guns and another + a couple sheds with ammo lol your set . the problem is owning guns and having no ammo now that's a sad sad state to find your self in . post pics if you get any big in's the bigger they are the more joy they bring least till the atf come a knocking at 3 am .

• Haha
Reactions: TheHorta and JR_77
This is by far the gayest thread you've ever started, I expected better from you.

shame-game-of-thrones.gif

In my defense, I was really young and suffering from genital herpes.

I’m totally in remission now.

I have a similar problem, I propose we have a meeting. Maybe at the local range?
Bwaahaha, you should have read the previous post before exclaiming you have the same problem

I've always said the minimum amount of ammo per gun has to be at least 1k rounds.
So if a person has 8x 9mm pistols that would be....umm...carry the 1....uhh
At least 8k rounds of 45 and 11k rounds of 9mm.
Because, well, ammo.
Of course that means you have to have the components on hand to reload that many rounds of 5.56, 45, 308, 9mm, 30-06, 338-378, 338 lapua, 300 winmag and 300 wbymag and 300 norma mag.
Basically that boils down to just over 12 lbs of each type powder made, slightly over 300k primers of various types, and just under 47000 lbs of bullets in random and varied sizes and styles.

So in order of bringing all that to light I have not noticed any particular problem worth mentioning.

I've always said the minimum amount of ammo per gun has to be at least 1k rounds.
So if a person has 8x 9mm pistols that would be....umm...carry the 1....uhh
At least 8k rounds of 45 and 11k rounds of 9mm.
Because, well, ammo.
Of course that means you have to have the components on hand to reload that many rounds of 5.56, 45, 308, 9mm, 30-06, 338-378, 338 lapua, 300 winmag and 300 wbymag and 300 norma mag.
Basically that boils down to just over 12 lbs of each type powder made, slightly over 300k primers of various types, and just under 47000 lbs of bullets in random and varied sizes and styles.

So in order of bringing all that to light I have not noticed any particular problem worth mentioning.
No problem. In fact, you should get in on the group bulk buy of primers coming from overseas. There’s a guy working it currently.

• Haha
Reactions: Jscb1b
No problem. In fact, you should get in on the group bulk buy of primers coming from overseas. There’s a guy working it currently.
Are you perhaps familiar with the 40mm ammo can ?
I have more than one of those that I use to store my primers in.
Don't need primers, or bullets, or powder.....or ammo of any sort.
But, thanks for asking :)

If you want a patrol boat the metal shark is a better option, as it’s probably more available. They also make some badass surface drives for running in mud/trash

I’d rather have this drive than the jet, this will run in mud.
740BBB5D-5EF8-443E-A2D4-F35310CB0EBC.jpeg

Last edited:
This is fucking sad. Sort of cool but sad. Get some close friends and share this shit. Go have fun with it.
Send me half the stuff youve bought. That will make you feel generous and leave room for more stuff.

• Love

Actually, this isn't entirely in jest. I appear to have a minor problem spending a wildly disproportionate percentage of my discretionary (and, admittedly, not so discretionary) income on guns, gun stuff, training, night vision, thermal, and related accouterments. The KungFlu quarantine has exacerbated what was already an issue of intervention-worthy proportions. Without resorting to exaggeration or hyperbole (to which I'm naturally prone), I've conservatively spent well-north of $100K on such toys in the past three months ($25K of which was a new, decked-out 2020 Polaris Ranger, which sits in my barn with grand total of around 15 hours of use in the last 90 days). Most years, I'll spend 300+ days overseas. I've been home more in 2020 than I have in the last 3-4 years combined, which has exposed my soft underbelly that is extremely vulnerable to good deals on Pew Toys.

I've jumped, not waded, into all things KAC (SR-25, 2x SR-15's, WP PVS-30), SCAR-20, Agency Glocks, new day optics from SB, NF and a couple of new G3 1-10x Razors, crazy NV and thermal stuff (like, seriously crazy), even silly things like 20Km .MIL LRFs (which I have absolutely zero use for, but it was a great eBay deal), and a bunch of ancillary stuff like high-end Crye plate carriers and multiples of the Hesco plate deals from Kota, plus armorer kits, a boatload of cleaning kits and related supplies, suppressors (3x Ultra 9's, 2x KAC QDC, 2x Dominus SR, and 6x Form-1's), a bunch of MAWLs, and the dizzying array of Pew goes on and on. Hell, I just bought the last two Raptars in the Group Buy forum yesterday at $3K/each (which *was* a smokin' deal, but...)!

The "last straw" that led me to hopefully seek-out a 10-Step program from my fellow afflictee's was that I have this stuff cluttering virtually every room in my house and elsewhere. I'm tripping over the stuff. My wife rolls her eyes with more frequency than before and is even beginning to make comments (she's always rolled with whatever I wanted to do). The latest "straw" was yesterday, when I was cleaning out the drawers in one of my desks. I stumbled upon a DRS CS6000 thermal weapon scope I'd purchased back in *2016* that I never removed from the box. Along with the scope I found a new Elcan SpecterDR 1/4x, a USO LR17, a CNVD / PVS-24, and an Atilla-200 -- all of which I'd forgotten I even owned. They've been packed away for the last 3-5 years out-of-sight, unused. All good deals when I originally bought them, figuring I'd "get around to it" at some future time.

I started picking stuff up around the house and wanted to tuck it away into a small room upstairs, but that room is packed to the ceiling with more stuff I've acquired over the last 7-8 years. I've bought boxes MRE's, thousands in medical supplies (got my EMT-B a few years ago, "just because"), Marine IBLEs, Crye outfits that are still in the plastic wrap (seriously, like $5K in Crye clothes), I found an all-factory Krebs AK and a Saiga AK and 12ga that I forgot about, some BCM stuff, a .338 Savage with PMII 5-25 that I haven't shot in 5 years, and the list goes on (and on, and on..).

I shoot some, I train some, I have my own 200m range with IPSC plates, etc, but I stick with a handful of things to use and the rest just sits idly by collecting dust. Yet, I still peruse Armslist every day and get a metric ton of emails from all the well-known Purveyors of Pew on the planet, which I fall prey to with alarming consistency.

Am I the only one? Is this a unique problem? Or is everyone here just like me, in one form or another, and has a genetic legacy of "You can never have enough" when it comes to Pew Toys?

Seriously, I am shocked at the crap I've accumulated. I hoard like I should have my own Redneck reality TV show, and I rarely sell or trade anything I buy (I have serious separation anxiety issues). I can count on one hand the number of things I've sold or traded in the last 5 years, and have fingers left over.

You forgot to add that you think chili has beans to your many issues.........

This is fucking sad. Sort of cool but sad. Get some close friends and share this shit. Go have fun with it.
2022 Edit:
This comment was ignorant when I wrote it.
That being said, he seems like a smart ass like me and has thick skin.
He’s been very helpful to a lot of people sharing his experience with all the cool toys.

• Haha
Send me half the stuff youve bought. That will make you feel generous and leave room for more stuff.
I had to edit that post. It was ignorant.
I’m also a hoarder so I won’t be able to do that. 🤣

Cool story.

You still shoot MOA.

Irrelevant.

• Haha
Reactions: akmike47