• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

My new FN 30-11 Belgian sniper rifle(Pic heavy)

Viktor Gorchev

Private
Minuteman
Mar 31, 2010
Netherlands
Hey guys, new member here...

Here's the rifle I bought this week. An original .308 FN 30-11 sniper rifle, built around FN's Mauser action, and featuring a 4x28 Hensoldt built scope and FN MAG bipod. It was produced from 1976 to 1986, and is still in service today with select military & police units. Pretty rare weapon, which I managed to get for only 900 Euro because the store owner didn't know what it was exactly
smile.gif
I'm currently waiting on a response from FN itself on the history of it, after having sent them the serial number and pics. Might post their results here.

mar3101.jpg

mar3103.jpg

mar3104.jpg

mar3105.jpg

mar3106.jpg

mar3107.jpg

mar3108.jpg

mar3109.jpg

mar3110.jpg

mar3111.jpg

Re: My new FN 30-11 Belgian sniper rifle(Pic heavy)

beutifull piece of history
How does it shoots?

Haven't had a chance to use it yet, as I'm still waiting on my license to be approved. But I've been assured the barrel and action are in prime shape, and the rifle itself has a very good reputation from what little I managed to read on it, so I'm sure it'll be a blast to shoot
laugh.gif

Last time (about 5 years ago) when I shot a FN sniper from a friend. I was able to hold about 10 cm at 300 m with MEN Surplus 7,62x51 ammo.
Thats a tad over 1 moa. With Handloads you can probably tighten up some. This rifle is a nice classy rig!
Have fun.

Thats a deal, a fellow I know has one of the few in US. only wants $4000.00 for it. Bet he will get it, these collector types have way to much money some times.
http://www.collectorsfirearms.com/

Take a look at one of the gun shops that helps relieve them of some of it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Unsichtbar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thats a deal, a fellow I know has one of the few in US. only wants $4000.00 for it. Bet he will get it, these collector types have way to much money some times.
http://www.collectorsfirearms.com/

Take a look at one of the gun shops that helps relieve them of some of it. </div></div>

Yeah, I heard only 51 ever got imported into the US? Not sure how many are floating around here(the Netherlands), but I think 900 Euro(about 1300 dollar) for mine was pretty much a steal regardless
laugh.gif

Edit: Just looked at the 30-11 on that site. Seems to be in just about the same condition as mine (Mine's a little dusty in the pics from sitting in the store for so long, but is otherwise in prime condition), though that one still comes with a front sight, which mine lacks. But I still got the original FN MAG bipod, in turn 8)

Nice piece of history and if properly cared for should shoot well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GGN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice piece of history and if properly cared for should shoot well. </div></div>

From what I've seen and been told, it's in prime condition. Barely been used, as it belonged to a collector
smile.gif

That is great. Anytime a fellow shooter gets a new toy! As my gun shop calls them (in reference to boys and there toys) and even more when they have history behind them. My 50 bmg came in yesterday and I had a huge smile on as well. Take care and take care of that rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GGN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is great. Anytime a fellow shooter gets a new toy! As my gun shop calls them (in reference to boys and there toys) and even more when they have history behind them. My 50 bmg came in yesterday and I had a huge smile on as well. Take care and take care of that rifle. </div></div>

I wish .50BMG was legal in this country :p I think just about the biggest we can go up to is .338 ... Though I now remember seeing a .50 for sale somewhere rechambered for somekind of .460 round. No idea where you would shoot something like that around here.

Anyway, yeah, gonna have way too much fun with my FN, I think
smile.gif

Not change the subject. But I think its kinda neat to see the inside of a European gun shop. From what I can see, It looks exactly like what I thought it would.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nvhunter2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not change the subject. But I think its kinda neat to see the inside of a European gun shop. From what I can see, It looks exactly like what I thought it would. </div></div>

Heh, is that a good or a bad thing?
laugh.gif

Personally, I like that store. They've got plenty for sale, and the owner is a master gunsmith who trained at a famous Belgian gunsmithing school for years, as well as having been apprentice to another famous German gunsmith. So I always know my weapons are in good care if they need fixing up.

FN 30-11 Belgian sniper rifle

Hi,

I am new here noticed this rifle ,i have just purchased one and am looking for the bipod that fits it if anyone knows where to get one would be very appreciated

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ViktorGorchev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey guys, new member here...

Here's the rifle I bought this week. An original .308 FN 30-11 sniper rifle, built around FN's Mauser action, and featuring a 4x28 Hensoldt built scope and FN MAG bipod. It was produced from 1976 to 1986, and is still in service today with select military & police units. Pretty rare weapon, which I managed to get for only 900 Euro because the store owner didn't know what it was exactly
smile.gif
I'm currently waiting on a response from FN itself on the history of it, after having sent them the serial number and pics. Might post their results here.

mar3101.jpg

mar3103.jpg

mar3104.jpg

mar3105.jpg

mar3106.jpg

mar3107.jpg

mar3108.jpg

mar3109.jpg

mar3110.jpg

mar3111.jpg

</div></div>

VG,

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Gorgoeus</span> rifle <span style="font-weight: bold">and</span> setup</span>!!!
shocked.gif

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Your</span> rifle <span style="font-weight: bold">appears</span> to be the 5-round, <span style="font-weight: bold">fixed</span> magazine model (<span style="font-weight: bold">civilians</span>), as apposed to the 10-round, <span style="font-weight: bold">detachable</span> magazine model (<span style="font-weight: bold">LE</span>/<span style="font-weight: bold">Military</span>)</span>.
wink.gif

<span style="text-decoration: underline">I <span style="font-weight: bold">believe</span> that your <span style="font-weight: bold">scope</span> is a <span style="font-weight: bold">4x24</span> (scope <span style="font-weight: bold">issued</span> to rifle/<span style="font-weight: bold">4x28</span> would be <span style="font-weight: bold">marked</span> on the <span style="font-weight: bold">scope</span>)</span>.
grin.gif

<span style="text-decoration: underline">With <span style="font-weight: bold">respect</span> to <span style="font-weight: bold">U.S. importation</span>, <span style="font-weight: bold">SARCO</span> imported (<span style="font-weight: bold">?</span>) of the <span style="font-weight: bold">Chilean</span>, contract, <span style="font-weight: bold">fixed</span>-magazine version, while <span style="font-weight: bold">GSI</span> imported (<span style="font-weight: bold">51</span>) of the <span style="font-weight: bold">detachable</span>-magazine version</span>.
grin.gif

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">What</span> are your <span style="font-weight: bold">SN markings</span> on the <span style="font-weight: bold">left</span> and <span style="font-weight: bold">right</span></span>?
wink.gif

Tony