• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My range banned bump fire because it's dangerous

Re: My range banned bump fire because it's dangerous

My range banned bumpfire 'cause it's gay.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wolvenhaven</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Beretta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I also have seen ar15 's blow apart with one round fired so not sure about the bump fire issue being dangerous because it is not cycling as fast as full auto IMHO. </div></div>

The cyclic rate doesn't matter at all, you're completely missing the point here. The issue is at what point does the hammer fall during the process. If it falls when the bolt is in battery, it will function fine; if it falls right as the bolt is fully rearward the hammer will just ride the bolt down into battery and won't do anything and you'll have a dud; it's when the hammer falls when the bolt is halfway into battery that it becomes dangerous, as the hammer now has enough force to strike the firing pin and primer.
</div></div>

Sorry, no. Next time you have your AR apart, look at how the bolt carrier group works. The firing pin can't touch the primer until the rifle is in battery. Press the firing pin as far forward as it will go, and you'll see it doesn't protrude until the bolt is completely in the carrier- which only happens when the rifle is in battery.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Red_SC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wolvenhaven</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Beretta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I also have seen ar15 's blow apart with one round fired so not sure about the bump fire issue being dangerous because it is not cycling as fast as full auto IMHO. </div></div>

The cyclic rate doesn't matter at all, you're completely missing the point here. The issue is at what point does the hammer fall during the process. If it falls when the bolt is in battery, it will function fine; if it falls right as the bolt is fully rearward the hammer will just ride the bolt down into battery and won't do anything and you'll have a dud; it's when the hammer falls when the bolt is halfway into battery that it becomes dangerous, as the hammer now has enough force to strike the firing pin and primer.
</div></div>

Sorry, no. Next time you have your AR apart, look at how the bolt carrier group works. The firing pin can't touch the primer until the rifle is in battery. Press the firing pin as far forward as it will go, and you'll see it doesn't protrude until the bolt is completely in the carrier- which only happens when the rifle is in battery.
</div></div>

I don't have an AR, I don't like DI. I'm an HK guy.

I carry a full auto m4 for work and the absolute only time I would actually use FA is to lay down cover fire in order to keep everyone's head down to get a wounded partner back to cover. I can fire A LOT more accurately and nearly as fast on SA.

If you don't like the range rules.....LEAVE, don't support them with your dues. Simple solution.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wolvenhaven</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Red_SC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wolvenhaven</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Beretta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I also have seen ar15 's blow apart with one round fired so not sure about the bump fire issue being dangerous because it is not cycling as fast as full auto IMHO. </div></div>

</div></div>

</div></div>

I don't have an AR, I don't like DI. I'm an HK guy. </div></div>

I don't have an HK- but I'd bet it's the same. Pretty much standard for any quality centerfire auto built in the last half century plus. You quoted someone talking about an AR, if you're not talking about an AR platform, which one were you referring to?

if the range that you frequent wont let you do what you and then by all means cry for a few weeks, go to snipers hide and plead your case, and get a list of those who think the commie bastards should exempt you from the rules that they have created. But when it's all said and done the owners make the FUCKING rules, if you don't want to follow them, then go out and buy your own shooting facility and you can have any rule that get's you twitching................................................................................... Jeff

UPDATE-THIS JUST IN- it's confirmed, bump firing is FUCKING GAY

I'm gay and I feel that bump firing in the traditional sense is much like me...

A flaming homosexual.

Thank you

<span style="font-weight: bold">This guy knows how to bump-fire:</span>

dry-humping-demotivational-poster-1224490010.jpg

Beretta, what do you call that red and beige contraption on you back?

banner31.png

I actually know a few of the people in that picture, the dude in the blue jacket is a friend of mine, the tiny little woman next to him, with sunglasses and almost hidden, is his girlfriend. The woman (?) with blond hair in the front is a big time lobbyist for gun rights (possibly gay rights as well) up in the state capital. The big dude with the marry rights sign is a friend as well, straight as well. I'm sure some of the others I've seen at the range before but who knows.

Oh yeah, when asked, even they said bump firing was "hella gay" I think some of them might have been from up north.

This thread is starting to veer, if you'll forgive the pun, into pretty clear intolerance and nasty stereotypes. I could give two shits about someone's orientation, unless it isn't downrange, and the mgmt. here has been pretty good about dealing with outright bigots. Whaddaya say we just agree that bump-firing is unacceptably dangerous and leave it at that?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tunanut</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Beretta, what do you call that red and beige contraption on you back?

banner31.png
</div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">I can't masturbate to this..</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Beretta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I see there is a lot of trolls on this site.</div></div>
Man, look at your argument....it doesn't hold up. Yeah, it sucks, but it's a private property owner telling you that you can't bump fire, not the anti-gun left!!!!
It's kinda like me getting but hurt when the owner of the local indoor range tells me I can't shoot API's from a 50bmg in his building.... Then I get mad and call him an anti-gun radical.
Just sayin'

Full auto is fun when it's your first time shooting FA and even then after about 300-400 rounds it gets old. Gets really old when you have to hump several thousand rounds up a rocky desert hill in 120 degree weather.

But hey, to each his own.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This thread is starting to veer, if you'll forgive the pun, into pretty clear intolerance and nasty stereotypes. I could give two shits about someone's orientation, unless it isn't downrange, and the mgmt. here has been pretty good about dealing with outright bigots. Whaddaya say we just agree that bump-firing is unacceptably dangerous and leave it at that? </div></div>

XcViH.gif

yup, waited a few months to confirm, and its still......not straight

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VJJPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yup, waited a few months to confirm, and its still......not straight </div></div>

Not only that but you just necroed a thread, which is pretty sick and disgusting, you shouldn't molest dead things VJJP :p

Our range is run by a bunch of old fogeys so there is a one shot per second rule. Another local range is run by a guy from New York. I don't like him.

bump fire is dangerous, so is full auto or rapid fire. Obviously, some of us know what the hell we are doing but for Misc. Dickhead there can be some serious issues. I once saw a girl almost blow her own head off because her dumbass boyfriend gave her a 44 Magnum to shoot on her first range trip. She touched one off, gun came back almost hitting her in the face then she accidentally touched one off into the ceiling.

Remember, there are morons out there, some will try and copy your actions, some will make bad judgement calls, some are just stupid and will act without thinking.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wolvenhaven</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VJJPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yup, waited a few months to confirm, and its still......not straight </div></div>

Not only that but you just necroed a thread, which is pretty sick and disgusting, you shouldn't molest dead things VJJP :p </div></div>

One of Shank's leftovers finally got him all hot and bothered ...

3w8Ny.jpg

laugh.gif