• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My Rifle Eats Everything .... Better than Yours

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    I went out to zero my rifle today and was not sure which factory load it would like the best, so I used 3 different loads I had on hand to test it, and found something odd.

On hand:

130 Copper Creek
    140 Hornady ELD Match
    142 Sierra Match King from Prime

I wanted to see which was better, so at 100 yards I zeroed the 142gr Load first. I then went to 600 yards to note my drop which was verified at 4 Mils of elevation, impact, waterline. Here is a 3" group at 600 yards with 3 different loads.

IMG_1756.JPG

Then I switched to the 140gr Hornady and noticed something weird, it was zeroed in the same place. I had a 2" Shoot N C target and I was just off the 1/4" Center dot close to where the 142gr Prime Load zeroed. Odd but not unheard of... so I went out to distance on the same target, 600 yards. No way the 4 Mils would work, so I tried 3.6 and was under the target. Weird, put on 4 Mils and impact center plate.

Now this has me curious, and I have a 1 MOA / 6" Donut target right next to my IPSC, and what do you know both are hitting the center of the donut...

Now, this is strange, time to try the Copper Creek 130 grain load. And other than being a .1 Right of rest, its elevation zero was perfect. The deviation is minor, like really minor, like any other time I would leave it.

So now I am putting a camera downrange to check this out. I have a magazine loaded with a round from each both and damn if I am hitting in the same place.
    IMG_1755.JPG

I shot the video, but damn if this is not impressive to hit in the same place with 3 completely different loads. That is some Ninja Shit right there for sure. The target above was shot with no change in my point of aim, I held the center and sent them.

Wow thats impressive, I have some of the 142 Prime that I just got, and I'm zeroed with Copper Creek 130, so it'll be interesting to see if the 142's shoot to the same point of impact. Wish I had your range though.

Not an AI...

Part of it, the barrel is timed, so the fact that extra work went into timing it to 12 O Clock might have a bearing on the results

What was weird, the dope part of it, the fact all three used 4 Mils to hit the target is very strange in a lot of ways. 600 is a transition point in a lot of ways. You have time for the weather to work on the shot, the BC is starting to come into play and wind was a variation.

But using 4 Mils to hit the same spot for all three rounds was odd, I would say the 100-yard stuff is pretty close, they are within .2 overall. But the weight variations should have begun to show up at distance.

@lowlight, do you have time and ammo to expand the range at all…a 123 grain and something heavier? I’d be curious to know what the limits are….and what happens to the same test at 800 or 1000.

Reactions: Eddystone
    Well……I had a feeling it was a Tactical Operations rifle…. I been telling folks for years on here about the accuracy, fit, finish and customer service and it looks like it’s been proven yet again. Congrats Frank enjoy her that’s a damn gem 💎! Mike Rescigno is the man

Reactions: Aries64
    The whole set up is a winner

The Terminus feels great, my first one of those, the MCM A10 or now U10 Stock is perfect for my smaller hands and with Mike's finish on it, total winner.

I wasn't sure which load would shoot the best out of it, so I tried what I had the most of at the range. I was pretty surprised as I started out with the Hornady, there is a lot of that running around. I just received that case of Prime with the 142s, having never shot that load, I was not overly optimistic with it. I like lighter bullets, then I saw the box of Copper Creek and when it worked I was super surprised.

Mike builds a heck of a stick, my goal was to get a Non-308 and something with a magazine. This rifle runs smooth ...

The whole set up is a winner

The Terminus feels great, my first one of those, the MCM A10 or now U10 Stock is perfect for my smaller hands and with Mike's finish on it, total winner.

I wasn't sure which load would shoot the best out of it, so I tried what I had the most of at the range. I was pretty surprised as I started out with the Hornady, there is a lot of that running around. I just received that case of Prime with the 142s, having never shot that load, I was not overly optimistic with it. I like lighter bullets, then I saw the box of Copper Creek and when it worked I was super surprised.

Mike builds a heck of a stick, my goal was to get a Non-308 and something with a magazine. This rifle runs smooth ...
    Yeah for sure …. There is a guy here on the hide Mike built a Delta 6.5CM for that shot that Prime Ammo and was shooting groups the size of dimes even when he pulled one lol 😂 great rifles

Damn it. Friggn holding out on us in the Tac ops thread. I knew something was up. Just couldn’t put my finger on it.

@lowlight The video suggests a windy day with substantial gusts, seems like a tough wind call.
    What direction was the wind?

Crazy that it was a 4 mil dial at 600.
    Great shooting though, I watched the video and the wind was definitely a factor.
    Thanks for sharing.

I'm on the fence between ordering a GAP and a Tac Ops... I thought I had decided on the GAP and then I see this!
    More thinking to do : /
    DW

I'm on the fence between ordering a GAP and a Tac Ops... I thought I had decided on the GAP and then I see this!
    More thinking to do : /
    DW
    both nice …..but want the most detailed and accurate with on point customer service (after hours and weekends ) …order a tacops as you see here. Frank’s never bias and can shoot aka knows his shit. This thread is the proof

Last edited:
    Reactions: deltawiskey
    ARFcom not much respected here. Lowlight started this sight. Pretty well respected most places.
    Yes and the way I read it…. It’s a gas ⛽️ gun thread 🪡 on AR15.com …. Which are way more finicky and particular on everything with my experience …I don’t think it’s a good post here on this mans shooting /loads/video/ and new rifle…. I would bet $$$$ Frank Could land 2 to 7 more right where those were at with ease

Reactions: Stoweit
    The three vs five debate is old and played out, we tried it, even tried mandating it - failed miserably

the number has become irrelevant again, we are back to 3 for the gun, 5 for the shooter

and with video, 5 is a waste of time and energy nothing will change adding two more shots but people getting bored faster

The three vs five debate is old and played out, we tried it, even tried mandating it - failed miserably

the number has become irrelevant again, we are back to 3 for the gun, 5 for the shooter

and with video, 5 is a waste of time and energy nothing will change adding two more shots but people getting bored faster
    Nice shooting Frank and Mike did his usual job! I'm impressed it seems you will be able to throw anything in it and have NO WORRIES!

Reactions: tacops1
    Mike throws some pixie dust at it, which, his barrel work helps account for a lot of this

I was surprised by the dope more an anything, sure I have had loads zero pretty close to each other but then the world takes over and they diverge well before 600, I was surprised that all 3 hit the same using 4 mils