• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My Seekins AR Build

jasonk

Very Snipery
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2007
Vancouver, Washington
Here's my new build, an attempt at a 3-gun shooter, upper was built by Robbie Wheaton for me and I assembled the lower. Very happy with the Seekins lower, feels good and feeds and drops Pmags easily. Hope to get an AR Gold trigger ordered soon for it and will upgrade the glass someday soon.

Upper:
Sun Devil Upper
Sabre 18" Barrel
Cooley Comp

Lower:
Seekins Precision

333hdzt.jpg

2w50pao.jpg

Re: My Seekins AR Build

The color match looks better in the photos than real life, honestly Glen's lower is so nice that the uppers finish is noticeably rougher & duller. LaRue would probably have the best shot at a color match.....or if Glen would just make me an upper.

Also I should note, the upper/lower fit is as good as I've ever seen, didn't even touch the little screw that takes out slop because there was none.

Looks great. If I had known about his lowers I would have gotten one for my build. What handguard are you running?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ascendancy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What handguard are you running? </div></div>

Vtac FF, rifle length.

Looks great jason. This batch came back from coating a bit brighter than expected. the next run will match your upper a bit better. All the different components coated by different coaters are tough to match up with. The guys anodizing our AR products are also do DPMS, so those should be close
smile.gif

We have a few more lowers with the snipers hide logo left from the group buy and Rainier arms has a bunch of them in stock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heatseekins</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks great jason. This batch came back from coating a bit brighter than expected. the next run will match your upper a bit better. All the different components coated by different coaters are tough to match up with. The guys anodizing our AR products are also do DPMS, so those should be close
smile.gif

We have a few more lowers with the snipers hide logo left from the group buy and Rainier arms has a bunch of them in stock. </div></div>

Glenn

Pls send me one of the SH marked lowers. PM sent

Jason, sorry for the high jack, nice looking rifle

smile.gif
No worries Hydro.

Glen, I don't think the "bright" anodizing as you put it is an issue, it just makes it look that much higher in quality than anything else.

I didn't read where they were gonna be SH.com lowers, but they look sharp so I was pleased. I was trying to think of something else I could have Glen custom engrave on one for me with all that smooth space. Maybe a pre shot checklist!

The new anodize still looks better than anything else we have seen, but its a bit less shiny than what you have. Still a real nice black.

We will be starting on some kick ass uppers soon. Just doing some patent stuff and waiting on another cnc that's 2 weeks late on shipping. I purchased a Mori NH4000. When i get it installed i will take some shop pics for you guys. This machine will kick up our production about 400%, allow us to stock all of our products in large quantity and come out with all the new stuff we want to. Next few months should be interesting....can you say 308 systems
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heatseekins</div><div class="ubbcode-body">....can you say 308 systems
smile.gif
</div></div>

Shoot me your bank account and routing numbers, I'll just start having my paycheck direct deposited into your account.
laugh.gif

Jason that looks pretty sweet. Congrats.

Glen those .308s going to be able to take DPMS uppers or are they gong to be AR-10 style?

Im making the 308's to take DPMS style mags, I will also be making a upper that im pretty sure is going to use DPMS guts, so most likely it will be based off that, but i don't know until i start building. I want to use the best components and im not sure that i wont build some of my own. I have allot of design and homework to do before i commit either way.

Looks good but a little hint. I dont care for the Billet uppers on a comp gun for one reason, and that is if you ever run to slide lock the bolt hold open isnt as easy to slap since its kinda hidden in the upper.

Also check out the SJC Titan comp ... it works ...

been wanting to see that seekins lower in a full build perspective. That has got to be the best looking lower out there right now.

Damn fine work Glen

That's awesome!!! I was waiting for someone to post their Seekins build. The Hide logo is a very nice touch too.

Jason, hurry up and build something else, I can't wait to shoot one hole with it!!!! lol

You've got good taste Jason!Where's the fancy grip and buttstock?The only stock parts allowed are springs and such.LOL

Steve

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heatseekins</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Honestly, im just amazed that you can put one together all by yourself. I didn't send instructions
laugh.gif

</div></div>

I didn't just guess where the parts went.....

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/lid=11004/guntechdetail/How_to_Build_An_AR-15_Video </div></div>

guessing is way more fun!

Jason,

I'm begining too hate you...
laugh.gif

First the 6.5x47 and now this....Yep, I hate you...Baahaahaa!

-Pat

First time I've seen the Seekins Lower in a completely assembled rifle. It looks rather good. Thanks for sharing.

Very Nice Rig - Great looking lower. Just p/u my 2 Seekins lowers yesterday and I'm definitely impressed.

Fuck Glen why did u have to go start making Ar parts. This is going to cost me $$$ I have one of your first sets of rings when u were starting out around 05-06. That is one sweet looking lower that I may have to put on my SPR.