• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

my shit afternoon.

Honestly being a police k9 handler and trainer doesn't account for much, I don't know why you think that adds substance. I used to be a special operations sniper, woopdedo. That does not conclude that I am the end all be all source of information on long range target interdiction. Much as you are not the end all be all source on dog habits, if you think so you are a fool.

Without dragging this out into a post that turns into a book, Working dog and "pet" are two distinctively different animals....which as a "dog handler" you should grasp the concept of. I can understand this mentality in a working dog/ ex-working dog whos job is/was to bite. Not a pet. I raised my dogs from a young age to understand that their teeth hurt and therefore they don't bite people. To conclude that biting is a natural dog habit that you can't untrain is flat out ignorance. Much as "oh my dogs humping your leg, I can't break him of that it's only natural." bullshit.

I don't know how many dogs you have raised from puppies, but if you start with a puppy you can shape the way they turn out as adult dogs. Reinforce habits you approve of and stopping bad habbits in their tracks. Rescues/adult dogs you can not influence so readily. Any bad habits they learned/ picked up along the way are hard if not impossible to break.

I stated who I was and what I do so you could understand where the point of view was coming from. I didn't state it to imply I was the end all be all. Your taking this way too personal.

As far as your logic regarding raising puppies or teaching old dogs new tricks, I disagree, respectfully.

I've seen multiple injured and abused dogs live great lives and never bite their owners their entire life. I've also seen dogs that have never bitten or do much as "buck" their owners, turn around and bite them or growl because injuries/pain/or confusion. Animals, while not the same as humans can learn and understand what's right from wrong. They are still animals as humans are human. There will always be the possibility of aggressive outburst behavior there regardless of upbringing, the only thing reduced is probability. That was the point I think Graham was trying to make regarding your "if they bite at all, I put them down" statement.

Think back to your childhood growing up. If your father or mother raised you well then you were taught right from wrong. I have a hard time believing you never done anything wrong growing up. Whether it was your on conscious decision or you done something wrong/stupid out of fear/anxiety/confusion. If you did something wrong did it make you a bad person? Shoukd your parebts have disowned you as a child? I know that is an extreme because we are talking animals vs. humans but its really not that extreme considering both humans and animals will always have a mind and personality of their own.

Statistical fact, the majority of dog bites to children under the age of 10 in the United States are provoked by the child. Almost all of them under the age of 5. Another statistical fact, the majority of said bites were on children that were INSUPERVISED.

I have no problem putting a dog down that shows aggressive tendencies but your statement that all dogs that bite should be put down is very uneducated. Don't take that personal, I'm not flaming you or calling you stupid, you just haven't done your homework on this OR your basing your opinion solely on your own experiences.

Last edited:
Irony will sometimes get in the way of an opinion. ��

I agree but not entirely. Your very educated, way more then I but a little humility goes a lot further most the time then always having some kind of witty one liner. Happy Thanksgiving

Edit *** Not to imply I'm any more humble then you are. Just making sure you know I'm NOT staking myself on any high ground.

Last edited:
I stated who I was and what I do so you could understand where the point of view was coming from. I didn't state it to imply I was the end all be all. Your taking this way too personal.

As far as your logic regarding raising puppies or teaching old dogs new tricks, I disagree, respectfully.

I've seen multiple injured and abused dogs live great lives and never bite their owners their entire life. I've also seen dogs that have never bitten or do much as "buck" their owners, turn around and bite them or growl because injuries/pain/or confusion. Animals, while not the same as humans can learn and understand what's right from wrong. They are still animals as humans are human. There will always be the possibility of aggressive outburst behavior there regardless of upbringing, the only thing reduced is probability. That was the point I think Graham was trying to make regarding your "if they bite at all, I put them down" statement.

Think back to your childhood growing up. If your father or mother raised you well then you were taught right from wrong. I have a hard time believing you never done anything wrong growing up. Whether it was your on conscious decision or you done something wrong/stupid out of fear/anxiety/confusion. If you did something wrong did it make you a bad person? Shoukd your parebts have disowned you as a child? I know that is an extreme because we are talking animals vs. humans but its really not that extreme considering both humans and animals will always have a mind and personality of their own.

Statistical fact, the majority of dog bites to children under the age of 10 in the United States are provoked by the child. Almost all of them under the age of 5. Another statistical fact, the majority of said bites were on children that were INSUPERVISED.

I have no problem putting a dog down that shows aggressive tendencies but your statement that all dogs that bite should be put down is very uneducated. Don't take that personal, I'm not flaming you or calling you stupid, you just haven't done your homework on this OR your basing your opinion solely on your own experiences.

Yes, based on this logic I would of been disowned/sent away to an asylum for stabbing my parents in the hand several times with a knife.....which is your metaphor. Which I don't see a good relationship as this is a dog and not a human, to which I am glad you see the difference.

Not to chastise you but there is a solid line between doing something "bad" and "irrecoverable" which also as a law enforcement officer you should also have a crystal clear understanding of. Drinking and driving is BAD but recoverable, running into a car full of innocent people while drunk and killing them is irrecoverable. Being niped by a dog is BAD but recoverable, being full out bitten where my hand is fucked up and I need stitches is irrecoverable. Yes I would take this dog out back and put a bullet between its eyes since from my own prospective it has clearly crossed over into the no coming back zone.

Different points of view, clearly. Happy Thanksgiving.

Yes, based on this logic I would of been disowned/sent away to an asylum for stabbing my parents in the hand several times with a knife.....which is your metaphor. Which I don't see a good relationship as this is a dog and not a human, to which I am glad you see the difference.

Not to chastise you but there is a solid line between doing something "bad" and "irrecoverable" which also as a law enforcement officer you should also have a crystal clear understanding of. Drinking and driving is BAD but recoverable, running into a car full of innocent people while drunk and killing them is irrecoverable. Being niped by a dog is BAD but recoverable, being full out bitten where my hand is fucked up and I need stitches is irrecoverable. Yes I would take this dog out back and put a bullet between its eyes since from my own prospective it has clearly crossed over into the no coming back zone.

Different points of view, clearly. Happy Thanksgiving.

You make valid points as well, I do agree different points of view but we are getting there :)

It's very hard to convey everything I'm trying to say and I would probably understand your point of view better if discussing it in person as well you would probably be able to understand my point of view better.

Something I didn't really think about until your last post is the severity of the bite. The reason I'm now looking at that is because of the drunk driving comment. Something to think about regarding severity is the size of dog and breed. You brought up the point of working dog vs. pet also. Even though this dog may have never been a working dog I would bet money it came from a long bloodline that is/has been a working dog. Bloodline after bloodline and generation after generation I'm sure "bite work" is instilled some where in his dogs genes. Just some things to think about. Happy Thanksgiving to you as well.

If your dog can be provoked to bite a child under five then you should always supervise your dog when children are around. If your dog bites the wrong child you will not have to put him down. The dog is your property, you are responsible for harm he causes. Would you let a child play with a loaded gun? If your dog might bite "if provoked" do not let a child play with him.

Please understand me. If your dog bites a child under five it is %100 your fault.

In big cities people and dogs get killed by those shorts and metal covers. 20/20 did a story sometime back.

Good luck with your hand.