• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My Shooting range in GA new Pics

Snipenace

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 28, 2011
GA
The range is finally done!!! Max range is now 850 yards. The range is on M & W farms in Elberton GA. If anyone wants to come shoot with me let me know.

DSC_0181.jpg

DSC_0183.jpg

Re: Shooting range in GA

Im alway ready to shoot !! I live in Lexington Ga !! looks Good
I will send you a pm with my phone number so we can go shoot some time !! Thanks Isaac

I'm jealous of having 650 to shoot. I am going to get my range built when I get home this summer, but will only have room for a 4 lane, 75yd pistol/carbine, with a 500yd rifle range cleared out next to it.
Post some pics of your range if you don't mind.
If you have any tips on building, best materials for backstops etc., let us know.

lol I can get 850 if I clear more but it's real thick with little trees. I may be able to do more pics in a few days. My tips for building lol all I had was a chainsaw and our bobcat and time lol. I just used dirt for the backstops. <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bs295</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm jealous of having 650 to shoot. I am going to get my range built when I get home this summer, but will only have room for a 4 lane, 75yd pistol/carbine, with a 500yd rifle range cleared out next to it.
Post some pics of your range if you don't mind.
If you have any tips on building, best materials for backstops etc., let us know. </div></div>

Thanks lol <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bolt fluter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You lucky dog!! Paul.
smile.gif
</div></div>

thanks I'm proud of it. It was more trees there wasent any brush lol There was alot of trees about 27-34 inches wide. If anyone needs firewood let me know lol. <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Socomike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lucky! I like it. 650 yards of clearing brush and such S.U.C.K.S. Cudos to you. </div></div>

Property with good distance is around Elberton if you know it's there and have permission to use it. I've got access to a couple of places where we can stretch it out past 1000yds and am working on another to shoot nearly a mile.

Congrats on your range - make sure to use it often.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NF Optics-Bill</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Property with good distance is around Elberton if you know it's there and have permission to use it. I've got access to a couple of places where we can stretch it out past 1000yds and am working on another to shoot nearly a mile.

Congrats on your range - make sure to use it often.....</div></div>
Bill Im always ready to go the distance let me know I live close Isaac

I would like to go with you some time and see how far my rifle will go. <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NF Optics-Bill</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Property with good distance is around Elberton if you know it's there and have permission to use it. I've got access to a couple of places where we can stretch it out past 1000yds and am working on another to shoot nearly a mile.

Congrats on your range - make sure to use it often..... </div></div>

I made a new steal target yesterday. It's a 4.5 inch square now lets see if I can hit it at 650 lol.

We moved from marietta lol. Yeah just let me know when you want to come to my range. <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gathumper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm in!!! I live in Marietta, we will have to hook up. </div></div>

Can't imagine why, couldn't be the 1000's of awesome crack heads I get to deal with daily could it???

lol no we got this farm. And just got tired of the big city. <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gathumper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can't imagine why, couldn't be the 1000's of awesome crack heads I get to deal with daily could it??? </div></div>

Ace and Bill: Issac and I have got some various sized AR500 targets coming from the group buy, so we should try to get together sometime when he's not out on the boat and do a little stretching. I mainly shoot out at Chief's and have only been able to go beyond 678 twice, out at Ft. Gordon. Still haven't had a place to do quadruple digits yet.

And Ace, I've got a saw if you end up wanting to push it back and need some help. It's no massive tree feller or anything, just a 16" Husky... but I'm pretty quick with it and would be happy to help.

That would be fun for all of us out there and shoot. I dont have any of the ar500 steal I just use scrap plates and they work pretty good. If you want to come out here and shoot you can.

Yeah I am thinking of going back alittle more the max I could get is about 850. If yall want we can plan a day for yall to come out here or go somewhere. <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boudin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ace and Bill: Issac and I have got some various sized AR500 targets coming from the group buy, so we should try to get together sometime when he's not out on the boat and do a little stretching. I mainly shoot out at Chief's and have only been able to go beyond 678 twice, out at Ft. Gordon. Still haven't had a place to do quadruple digits yet.

And Ace, I've got a saw if you end up wanting to push it back and need some help. It's no massive tree feller or anything, just a 16" Husky... but I'm pretty quick with it and would be happy to help. </div></div>

I just got back from shooting I tryed shooting the 4.5 inch plate ending up with a 2 inch group at 650
smile.gif
And another 3 inch group on plywood. I am very happy with those groups I'm not the best shot at all but it's still fun. I really need to work on a few things to get better lol mainly trigger pull.

I'm over in Marietta too, if you want help clearing it farther just ask, I'm sure we could get a ton of us close by to come have an arts and crafts day + shooting.

Re: My Shooting range in GA

Very Jealous! Looks like a great set up!

New member, have a range at our place in Jasper Co. Ga. Main range is 300 yds w/ 1" thick 2' x 2' steel plates at 200 and 300 yds, with a make shift 450 and 550 yd shots. Would like to compare notes.

yeah if we could get a few guys out here we could have it done in no time. It's ony another 200 yards of little trees. And then try it out at about 850 would be fun. Arts and crafts day+ shooting = FUN lol <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wolvenhaven</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm over in Marietta too, if you want help clearing it farther just ask, I'm sure we could get a ton of us close by to come have an arts and crafts day + shooting. </div></div>

thanks I'm very proud of it. <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DCR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very Jealous! Looks like a great set up! </div></div>

If you have any questions I'll try to help <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cephus91</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> New member, have a range at our place in Jasper Co. Ga. Main range is 300 yds w/ 1" thick 2' x 2' steel plates at 200 and 300 yds, with a make shift 450 and 550 yd shots. Would like to compare notes. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: snipenace</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just got back from shooting I tryed shooting the 4.5 inch plate ending up with a 2 inch group at 650
smile.gif
And another 3 inch group on plywood. I am very happy with those groups I'm not the best shot at all but it's still fun. I really need to work on a few things to get better lol mainly trigger pull. </div></div>
That damn fine shooting ! IMHO !! ACE when I come out I can bring a saw and we can shoot and then cut some more trees and just do a little at a time . Cant wait will be ready to shoot..Isaac

The hunting property I picked up yesterday has the potential for a 650+ yard range, I dialed the owner in for a shot out of the back of my truck with his hunting rifle and he was hooked after hitting a vase from 600 on his third try.

Thanks captain
smile.gif
Yeah if you want we can it wont take too long to get the rest done I think 4 or 5 days of work. have you got a day you want to come yet? I shot all my ammo yesterday so I need to load some more. I think I may need to anneal my brass it's on it's 4th firing using 44.6 of varget what you think? <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: captain zeke</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: snipenace</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just got back from shooting I tryed shooting the 4.5 inch plate ending up with a 2 inch group at 650
smile.gif
And another 3 inch group on plywood. I am very happy with those groups I'm not the best shot at all but it's still fun. I really need to work on a few things to get better lol mainly trigger pull. </div></div>
That damn fine shooting ! IMHO !! ACE when I come out I can bring a saw and we can shoot and then cut some more trees and just do a little at a time . Cant wait will be ready to shoot..Isaac </div></div>

lol as soon as you try it your hooked forever. <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The hunting property I picked up yesterday has the potential for a 650+ yard range, I dialed the owner in for a shot out of the back of my truck with his hunting rifle and he was hooked after hitting a vase from 600 on his third try. </div></div>

snipenace said:
Thanks captain
smile.gif
Yeah if you want we can it wont take too long to get the rest done I think 4 or 5 days of work. have you got a day you want to come yet? I shot all my ammo yesterday so I need to load some more. I think I may need to anneal my brass it's on it's 4th firing using 44.6 of varget what you think?
Cant say if its 308 Id say shoot it ! Will be ready maybe Mar9 but deffinetly on the march 10

lol ok I'll load them up lol. Give me a call whenever I'm not doing anything now I'll tell you how to get here. <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: captain zeke</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
snipenace said:
Thanks captain
smile.gif
Yeah if you want we can it wont take too long to get the rest done I think 4 or 5 days of work. have you got a day you want to come yet? I shot all my ammo yesterday so I need to load some more. I think I may need to anneal my brass it's on it's 4th firing using 44.6 of varget what you think?
Cant say if its 308 Id say shoot it ! Will be ready maybe Mar9 but deffinetly on the march 10 </div></div>

Ace

You have a great looking range.I wish I had something like that.I would love to come out and shoot sometime. If you don't mind strangers.

Mike

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: windermike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ace

You have a great looking range.I wish I had something like that.I would love to come out and shoot sometime. If you don't mind strangers.

Mike </div></div>

Exactly what i was going to say.... Brian

Mike and Brian No I dont mind strangers I'm always wanting peaple to shoot with. Let me know when you want to come. Brandon

I have steal targets I make and some things to put paper targets on. <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SDP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thats a nice setup you got there. What kind of targets are you shooting at? </div></div>

I lived in atlanta well kennesaw. If you ever want to come let me know. <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CodyW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks great! I'm a little way from you (Atlanta), but I'd love to make the trip one of these days! </div></div>

Thanks It's very nice <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mjbmxz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks good! It's definitely nice having your own range! I love it! </div></div>

Very nice range...wish I had that kind of land to work with.

Are old fat guys allowed to shoot with the cool kids? I shoot at the Elberton Gun Club when I can. I'll use NF Bill as a reference.
Semper Fi

Yeah if you want to come just let me know when and Ill let you know how to get here. <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 95LTZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are old fat guys allowed to shoot with the cool kids? I shoot at the Elberton Gun Club when I can. I'll use NF Bill as a reference.
Semper Fi </div></div>

I went and shot the first time today at 850 yards and with 3 shots I was hitting a 4 inch plate
smile.gif
. I hit it 3 out of 5 shots and the other 2 went right off the edge. The deer are going to be in trouble this year.