• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nature stuff

If it is we’re fucked. There was a zillion of them this year.

Cicada nation would need to get their poop in a group before initial contact.View attachment 7713133
My family’s porch is covered with those old shells. I’m guessing they like the sandy ground, it’s like digging in sugar.

Awesome threads gents!

I have two stories.

Story one. I was high up on a climb in the Sierras and near the top. I kept hearing a "whooozzzzzz" then a 'whhhhhhopppp" every ten minutes in the distance. It went on all around me for an hour before I looked up and saw a peregrine falcon hovering 500 feet above me beating her wings. She saw me, closed up, and whiized by, making the first noise, then 3000 feet below, she opened her wings and stopped in a second, making the second noise. I got to watch her do this for the next hour before she left. She was a blur for most of the dive.

Story two. I was on another climb. Nearing the top. I looked up and saw hundreds of hawks and buzzards in a huge thermal circling high above. And then the thunderhead appeared over the cliff face. I had to quickly stop watching the "hawkstorm" and get my partner up so we could wait out the hails storm that hit us. We watched the hawkstorm until the rain obscured us. It was an amazing sight to see all those different bird species doing the same thing.

Reactions: akmike47
Guys I work with saw an eastern cross railroad tracks. It was longer than the ties. RR tie is 8.5'. Fuck That!!!
I got chased up a creek by a cotton mouth that was at least 5’ they normally are 4 on the big end. I think the record isn’t just over 6’. Fuckers are fast lol

I have bad(maybe good) luck with snakes. In a 3 month span I stepped on or kicked 10-12 snakes out fishing. I don’t know what it was with this particular pond but they were everywhere.

Lucky for me they were all Banded water snakes, not one even acted like they were going to bite they’d sit there and play dead or slither into the water.

Still makes a little poo come out for a second. Luckily I was in my snake proof Sanuk flip-flops a few times.

Another day out hiking around the state forest I saw what I could only assume was a king snake(emailed a herpetologist) that was black and white speckled it was crazy looking. It didn’t look like a speckled king snake, the colors were much more random. May have been a color mutation.

Looked closer to this lure..sort of. Nothing I can find does it justice.
90D51745-1AEA-4C87-A974-E4F4275A2F8D.jpeg

I used to see all sorts of stuff, but I stayed in the woods I’d walk 6-7 miles through the state forest a few days a week, and a couple miles the others.

I’m not a bird watcher but the forest there was a big spot for them so I saw some endangered woodpeckers and an eagle out there. There was a big pack of hogs out there that would chase people. I’ve been attacked, not a good time lol.

The worst animals are people. I was at this old pond in the woods one day some people knew about, but you only saw anyone on weekends usually. During the week I’m fishing and see a guy 100yd away behind a sparse bush in business attire watching me definitely out of place. I act like I don’t see him, but if I look away or turn walking he would bound to closer tree. This idiot thinks he’s hiding behind shit that covers 5% of his body, peeking out like he’s invisible.

Kept watching but didn’t make it obvious, he got probably 40 yds from me and I turned around to change lures and kept glancing back and he stArted walking towards me, I let him get about 50’ away a turned around with something made in Austria pointed at him and he ran away.

Pretty sure he yelled “I’m @Bender ”as he ran away🤣. I don’t know if he wanted to hurt me, or give me a blowjob but I wasn’t going to find out.

Last edited:
I was out fishing today and saw one of these big bastards fishing about 100yds away.

I didn’t see it at first just heard what sounded like a sumo wrestler doing a belly flop off a high dive. It’s crazy how hard they hit and just fly around for another go. It tried about 5 times with no luck and flew off.

Always cool to be somewhere at just the right time to see some cool shit, never gets old.

Almost as cool as the pair of Bald Eagles that used to nest 50 yards from my back door.
View attachment 7712394

I’ve seen all sorts of cool stuff out fishing and hunting, any of y’all see anything cool recently?
😂
I work a short walk from the Columbia and that’s a common sight.

I love seeing these on the east side of Washington and Oregon
3B55C097-F50B-41B2-90F4-60517D62ED59.jpeg

😂
I work a short walk from the Columbia and that’s a common sight.

I love seeing these on the east side of Washington and Oregon
View attachment 7713189
There used to be turkey at my family’s place a few generations ago all the poor farmers, bobcats, and cougars wiped them out. Several years ago they released a bunch of them to try and repopulate them, I think they lasted 2 years lol. State never saw them again.

There’s some zebra running around up there that I see in the hay field from time to time. Also have a small heard of fallow that had 3-4 yearlings last year. There was an exotic game ranch that went under next door and they just cut a hole in the fence and left.

I was out fishing today and saw one of these big bastards fishing about 100yds away.

I didn’t see it at first just heard what sounded like a sumo wrestler doing a belly flop off a high dive. It’s crazy how hard they hit and just fly around for another go. It tried about 5 times with no luck and flew off.

Always cool to be somewhere at just the right time to see some cool shit, never gets old.

Almost as cool as the pair of Bald Eagles that used to nest 50 yards from my back door.
View attachment 7712394

I’ve seen all sorts of cool stuff out fishing and hunting, any of y’all see anything cool recently?

That looks like a GoM bluefish......

That looks like a GoM bluefish......
That’s just some random google picture. I was living in the moment and didn’t want to ruin it or miss anything fumbling with my phone.

I edited the post for you lol

Both my wife and daughter would freak the absolute fuck out if they saw that on our oak tree.........
E9DC7471-2875-4149-878D-DE609B2FE6F6.jpeg

Last one. I brought it home for my kids.
This particular example is a bigern.

Sounds like that skunk may have been a Frenchman, luckily you left so it didn’t have to taunt you again.
He was seriously considering farting in my general direction.

• Haha
Reactions: akmike47
Seen these guys recently. Their little nubs are hard, color was better in person, they are about 3” long and grow to 4”. Super gorgeous moth is what they turn into.

Attachments

• EA8F0367-67BB-446E-B9B1-14125DAB68F3.jpeg
    EA8F0367-67BB-446E-B9B1-14125DAB68F3.jpeg
    377.4 KB · Views: 29
  • 9259C710-5F83-4AE5-92AC-8D612F46BBC2.jpeg
    9259C710-5F83-4AE5-92AC-8D612F46BBC2.jpeg
    411.9 KB · Views: 28