• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Nebraska members

Re: Nebraska members

thanks bribri, would love to come take a few pokes sometime.......An invitation to anyone interested , this upcoming saterday the 31st, we will be about 5 miles east of lincoln in a buddies pasture shooting0-650 yards. we plan on heading out there at about 10 am. LET me know if interested!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RIGGS9985</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thanks bribri, would love to come take a few pokes sometime.......An invitation to anyone interested , this upcoming saterday the 31st, we will be about 5 miles east of lincoln in a buddies pasture shooting0-650 yards. we plan on heading out there at about 10 am. LET me know if interested! </div></div>

i'm interested, i'll pm you later

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bribri</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey k4c

Don't yell at me but I just purchased a new sig p226 enhanced elite off of gunbroker. I practically stole it they usually run around $1200 and I picked this one up for $755, I had to do it. Once in hand I'm going to see how it it compares with my gen4 glock 17.

Time will tell...... </div></div>

Hey Brian,

I got 3 boxes of 175s i'm savin next time i head up to your place

pictures of bedding process are under forum snipershide gunsmithing......devcon and accurisers on alluminum bedding block

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: K_4c</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Shoot me your email address bri...I did a short video shooting steel at 20 yards on my 9x14 ipsc targets to show a friend up in Michigan that I can still run a pistol (haha). </div></div>

I finally got time to watch your video, its pretty cool, I like the editing in the first part where its just black and white, and yes that wouldn't have been my first choice in music either, not even in my top 100.....lol....
grin.gif

What pistol event are you going to compete in at Louisville this year? What ranges do you shoot at, and what size are the targets?

Like I said it was just a quick video for a buddy... I'm not much of a rap guy...haha

Video looks much better in 1080. Targets are 9"x14" ipsc targets. My hit to miss ratio was roughly 85% (rusty and my draw time was slow as well). Few hundred more round and some dry fire drills I should be good to go ( muscle memory).

I plan on shooting steel and uspsa events....we'll see how often the wife lets me out of the house (haha). I still need to make it out to your spread (if the invitation is still valid).

I shoot on private land... No RO's playing silly games.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: K_4c</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I still need to make it out to your spread (if the invitation is still valid).</div></div>

Of course its still valid, I have a wedding next weekend plus its Easter. We need to get it done soon though because my 1 mile range is going to be a field of corn very shortly. Let me know what weekends will work for you....

Later

I may take a day off of work here shortly... Maybe make it up to your A.O in the early hours and head back for a turkey in the pm (I bow hunt and love it).

Hey K4c,

Do you have any interest in 3 gun at engc, I called one of the range officers today to ask a few quick questions about the pistol comps, and we ended up talking for about a half an hour.

He kind of got me interested in 3 gun as well......

Just curious if you've ever done it????

Brian,

I'd like to get up to your place one more time before you put the corn in if thats ok, when you gonna be planting? Also, RIGGS expressed interest in going, I shot with him yesterday, hes good to go. Weekends are good for me except i'll be out of town April 22.

It was fun JP And again i cant say it enough.....thank you for the instruction. It made a huge difference.
cant wait to see your place brian look forward to it!

no problem guys I will have to check my schedule, next weekend is already booked for me

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bribri</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey K4c,

Do you have any interest in 3 gun at engc, I called one of the range officers today to ask a few quick questions about the pistol comps, and we ended up talking for about a half an hour.

He kind of got me interested in 3 gun as well......

Just curious if you've ever done it???? </div></div>

At one time I was.... I went out and bought a super nova pump and planned on running my G34 and M6A2....well things change. I had a baby (haha)... If its anything like weeping waters 3 Gun...I'll pass. While I was in the service we did plenty of reflexive fire drills
(basically all but a shotgun involved and found it to be a very applicable skill set in real world scenarios.)

They have some videos on you tube and its nothing like weeping water

We may have to get something lined up... I need to do something again that'll get my blood pumping.

ENGC is my new stomping grounds gents.... See ya out there.

To all,

14th weekend would be perfect. hope my southwest 175s get here soon though. we always have the little spot that JP, Josh and i shot this last weekend if brian has plans. JP milled it at 525 where my steel sat, but if you (K_4) say u have 6 other various steel targets, then we could have a nice medium range assortment to poke at. Just something to think about.

The 14/15 is not going to work for me guys, my wife has other plans for me. I'm not sure if its gonna hapen at all, due to this awesome weather I think we will start planting next week.

Sorry guys I'll let you know if anything changes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bribri</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The 14/15 is not going to work for me guys, my wife has other plans for me. I'm not sure if its gonna hapen at all, due to this awesome weather I think we will start planting next week.

Sorry guys I'll let you know if anything changes. </div></div>

No problem bud. I look forward to linking up this season at ENGC.

maybe i'll see you guys at ENGC as well. I am planning on going to the mid-range prone/F-class match at the end of the month

Any hide members in the geographic middle of the state? (North Platte)

Hey guys,
If you guys want to drive up (or down) to my place, im free this weekend. Its near pilger and we should be able to get out to 650. Seekins shipped my mag and fingers crossed it will be here thursday, if not you're still welcome to shoot. Let me know your plans.

Heath

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: baddeerhunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey guys,
If you guys want to drive up (or down) to my place, im free this weekend. Its near pilger and we should be able to get out to 650. Seekins shipped my mag and fingers crossed it will be here thursday, if not you're still welcome to shoot. Let me know your plans.

Heath </div></div>

Won't make that trip...but I greatly appreciate the offer. Would be nice to get something planned down the road.

Hope the weather is right for ya...

Thanks K_4c, looks like it should be a nice day but the winds going to pick up as the day goes on.

I still plan on shooting if anyone wants to make the drive. The earlier the better but i will be around most of the day.

Hey fellow Nebraskans - I'm new to the state - lived here for about a year. Need to find some people to shoot with (and some places to shoot as well)! I'm used to Utah where I can drive out to the desert and shoot wherever!

ETA: I'm living in Omaha.

Welcome Amerigo,

I have a place to shoot out to a mile about 2 hours north of you, the only problem is my range is a corn/soybean field May through October.

Take a look at Eatern Nebraska Gun Club.

Hey Amerigo, welcome to Nebraksa!
I shoot about two hours north of omaha also. I have a couple steel plates and enough room to shoot about 5-600 all year. Send me a PM if you want to shoot and that goes for any of the fellow huskers. Summers are busy but I will try and make time to shoot with anyone.

Thanks to Midwestside for posting a link to this thread for me. Just wanted to drop a line a say hello to my fellow Nebraskans. I live way out in the southwest end of the state. It's great to see other Huskers on here. I have been a member here for a little while, mostly lurked and sponged up some info here and there. I am an avid coyote/predator hunter, and love shooting long distance prairie dogs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SFC. Russell</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks to Midwestside for posting a link to this thread for me. Just wanted to drop a line a say hello to my fellow Nebraskans. I live way out in the southwest end of the state. It's great to see other Huskers on here. I have been a member here for a little while, mostly lurked and sponged up some info here and there. I am an avid coyote/predator hunter, and love shooting long distance prairie dogs. </div></div>

Where are you stationed out of Sgt?

Hopefully us locals can get together for a shoot. I had the opportunity to shoot out at Bri's land awhile back.... Extremely nice range and very nice guy. Well worth the drive.

I am the Army National Guard Recruiter for southwest Nebraska. My office is in McCook. I live on my little farm out in the hills south of Curtis.

I Just bought this place, and am in the process of building my ranges. My south canyon is set up for pistol and close rifle work, I can get to 300 yds easily down there. I have targets set to 750 with a bench by my garden (shooting over the top of the canyon from the house), Have to wait for cows to get out of the north one, and buy another rifle, will be able to reach well beyond 1800yds in that one. Just my own little piece of paradise for an old army guy. All one needs is time and money and everything will be done.....LOL

I too served (2/502 INF 101st). I miss those days.... Now I'm a young family man with roughly 11 credit hours to go until I receive my bachelors in business. Will see what the next chapter in life is.

Thanks for your service and God bless brother.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: K_4c</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I too served (2/502 INF 101st). I miss those days.... Now I'm a young family man with roughly 11 credit hours to go until I receive my bachelors in business. Will see what the next chapter in life is.

Thanks for your service and God bless brother.

</div></div>

Thank you, and Thank you for yours!
Ahhh A Ft. Campbell native. I was with 1/160th SOAR when I first joined Active Duty, waaaayyy back in '91. Then deployed with 3/160th in 01-02 to hajiland err um Afghanistan.

Congrats on getting your education done, that's a huge step. We should definitely work on getting us Huskers together for a range day.

Nightstalker huh! That's good stuff. I can clearly remember being in the back forty doing field exercises and watching the little birds doing gun runs. As a grunt I certainly appreciated our air assets... They saved my ass a time or two.

Take care

Well I guess I need to grimy this thread back to life. I am moving to Chappell for a job from MI, and could use some help from you gents. First I need to find some shooting buddies, and can someone help me with the really screwy deer seasons and areas.

Well I guess I need to grimy this thread back to life. I am moving to Chappell for a job from MI, and could use some help from you gents. First I need to find some shooting buddies, and can someone help me with the really screwy deer seasons and areas.

New to the forum but live in Nebraska (Lincoln for school, from north plate). Rifle season is Nov. 16th - 24th. Check out the game and parks website for a map of the areas. Different areas have different restrictions so I'm not familiar with that area.

Found this place while looking at getting in to the long range scene. Do a lot of hunting - primarily coyote and deer. I'm going to be getting a membership at Lincoln's izaak Walton range but will be talkin to a friend about doing some shooting in a corn field when the corn is out if anyone is interested.

Hey everyone,

Not a Nebraskan myself, but live pretty close...Sioux City, IA. Anyone know of any ranges that go out 500yards+ within an hour or two of sewer city? I only know of one range in SD but that's a 2.5hr drive, only place around here that I know of only goes out to 200 or 300 yards. Does anyone even shoot this time of year? haha

Hey folks, anyone in the Blair/Omaha/Elkhorn area? I just accepted a job and will be moving in the spring, would love to find a spot for my 308 to shoot. Right now I'm flinging lead 850-900 yards.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Hey folks, anyone in the Blair/Omaha/Elkhorn area? I just accepted a job and will be moving in the spring, would love to find a spot for my 308 to shoot. Right now I'm flinging lead 850-900 yards.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Only range around there I know of is Eastern Nebraska Gun Club which has a 600yd range.

Guess there isn't many from the Panhandle doing much shooting.

Not that I know of. I'm in central NE and our local range goes to 300. Planning on shooting out to 800+ at a ranch I hunt on in the spring.

Thought I'd post up here, I don't post a lot but search here every day. Great bunch of knowledgeable people here! I've only been shooting Long range for 6 years now after getting educated by some other hunters, when on a hunt in Arizona. I'm just getting started on a new 338 Lapua this spring, so kind of waiting on the weather.
I live on a farm So of Lincoln 10 mi, & shoot out to a mile. My range is Paper 100-300 & steel (24X30 plates) 400-1000yds. When I want to go past 1000 I set up a portable bench back as far as I want to shoot, & shoot at the 400-1000 Steel targets. I feel like the old man here at 61 as I see most of you are fairly young.
I'd sure be interested in seeing what you guys are using to accurately compute your Dope in different Alt & weather conditions for first round Hits. I still find the Wind Very humbling at times especially past 800-1000yds.
Wayne

Thought I'd post up here, I don't post a lot but search here every day. Great bunch of knowledgeable people here! I've only been shooting Long range for 6 years now after getting educated by some other hunters, when on a hunt in Arizona. I'm just getting started on a new 338 Lapua this spring, so kind of waiting on the weather.
I live on a farm So of Lincoln 10 mi, & shoot out to a mile. My range is Paper 100-300 & steel (24X30 plates) 400-1000yds. When I want to go past 1000 I set up a portable bench back as far as I want to shoot, & shoot at the 400-1000 Steel targets. I feel like the old man here at 61 as I see most of you are fairly young.
I'd sure be interested in seeing what you guys are using to accurately compute your Dope in different Alt & weather conditions for first round Hits. I still find the Wind Very humbling at times especially past 800-1000yds.
Wayne

I'm in Lincoln as well. Sounds like you have a good setup! I'm hoping to get some steel and see if a farmer or rancher will let me set up in some fields around here. It gets boring just shooting 100 yds at the Izaak Walton range and I can never seem to make their 300 yard because of school and work. I would be no help finding dope in different weather conditions, but if you ever need help banging steel I would lend a hand!

Checking in and bumping this up. Living in Omaha and shooting at ENGC, mostly.

I have a good place to shoot about 2.5 hours north of Omaha, if you ever want to take a road trip.

If your on Facebook look up Old Breed Gun Club, its a group of Nebraska shooters that has put on a few matches.