• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need a cheek riser/rest recommendation.

Eric1977

Private
Minuteman
Aug 17, 2014
KY
I have a remington milspec with the factory hs precision stock. This stock does not have any sort of a cheek riser or rest on it. This makes centering the eye and making a good cheek weld impossible since im using a rail and a spuhr mount.

What is good riser or rest out there that might stick or otherwise attach to the stock ?

Reactions: SoTexana
I have two triad tactical that I really like and just recently sent one stock to the stock dock(joe ducos) and had him install an adjustable cheek piece on and that is by far the way to go in my opinion.

Attachments

• F845AC65-8AE1-40F9-BA72-93C48BC10FFC.jpeg
    F845AC65-8AE1-40F9-BA72-93C48BC10FFC.jpeg
    980.2 KB · Views: 665
I'll second the triad tactical, if you are wanting to leave your HS Precision unmodified. I have the m700 sendero II that comes with a HS Precision stock, and like you, I needed to raise my cheek weld quite a bit. I want the option to upgrade stocks in the future, and didnt want to drill into the stock so I can sell it later, so I went with the basic Triad Tactical "stock pack" which is just the padding. They are not expensive, and are hight adjustable (through velcro inserts). Triad Tactical also sells other models, with pouches and/or shell loops. Like someone said above, having someone install an adjustable cheek piece kit is an option as well. I thought about having LRI install the ultach cheek piece hardware on mine while they had my rifle, but at $450 (labor+hardware) I would rather use that money to get a better stock. The Triad Tactical stock pack was $45 and I really like it, and it works for what I need.

On other factory rifles that are more truck guns/backup hunting rifles, I just used some dense foam and secured it with that McNett Camo Wrap tape you can find on amazon.

I’ve used both the Krasten and the triad stock pack. Both will work but I preferred the Stock pack.

I have that beartooth also and the triad is superior in every way. It wouldn’t be bad if you needed just a little height and cushion, but I have to raise mine quite a bit and when I did that with the beartooth it just isn’t stable. Wants to move back and forth.

On the triad product... am i correct when i read this? It sounds to me as though it is 3/8" thick, but also comes with an additional 3/8" thick riser to customize the height.
Triad Tactical
"Each of our Triad Stock Packs™ is about 3/8" thick on the padded section. In addition, every Triad Stock Pack™ comes with a Comb Height Kit, which provides an additional 3/8" of adjustment. No more need to add layers of mouse-pad and duct-tape!"

Also when I sent my stock in to get the adjustable put in by joe, it was a little over $200. I felt that was a good price, especially for what you get.

Reactions: Eric1977
On the triad product... am i correct when i read this? It sounds to me as though it is 3/8" thick, but also comes with an additional 3/8" thick riser to customize the height.
Triad Tactical
"Each of our Triad Stock Packs™ is about 3/8" thick on the padded section. In addition, every Triad Stock Pack™ comes with a Comb Height Kit, which provides an additional 3/8" of adjustment. No more need to add layers of mouse-pad and duct-tape!"

Yes, I believe that would be very close. I had to use them all to get where I needed and it was perfect.

Triad Tactical

Yep. I went ahead and threw in an extra kit since it was $4 and it was more than enough without the extras

Also when I sent my stock in to get the adjustable put in by joe, it was a little over $200. I felt that was a good price, especially for what you get.

That price is not bad at all. Do you know what hardware he used? LRI uses the 3.9 Ultach hardware, which is $170 on its own and the labor on a one piece stock is $350 as they have to essentially fill in the void that most one piece stocks have behind the grip area. If you already have a 2-piece stock, the labor drops down significantly. Yours looks good though, especially for $200.

I am not sure what kind it is right now. I could find out if you would like. I believe he is a member on here also. Seems like I saw a thread with him on it.

I am not sure what kind it is right now. I could find out if you would like. I believe he is a member on here also. Seems like I saw a thread with him on it.

No worries. The website for the KMW Loggerhead that Strike33 mentioned recommended and had contact info for Joe on the installation, so I'm assuming that is the one. The price tag matches up as well. I appreciate it.

I would encourage you to remember what some cheek rests will do to your head position.

If it is a "saddle" type cheek rest of any type, the additional width of the shell will push your face laterally even further away from the scope's already small eye box. Only remedy is you tilt your head over even further to get into the scope. No escape from it.

We just finished another 1 week sniper/f.o. class and I can assure you that tilted heads are stressful and hard to sustain.

All the products mentioned are quality and get the job done but most are getting your comb up at the expense of pushing you off to the side even more.

./

Does anyone have recommendations for a cheek riser for an AR. I've got a side charger so no interference issues. Here's what's working for me right now.
20190219_201601.jpg

It works surprisingly well

Reactions: DaleGribble82
No personal experience but from what I find on the web, not without heavy modification.
Ugh, that's what I thought. I'm gonna improve my slapstick design with paracord and call it a day.

I have installed three of Terry Cross’ KMW pieces. They are straightforward to install. Hardest part is making the first cut.

Does anyone have recommendations for a cheek riser for an AR. I've got a side charger so no interference issues. Here's what's working for me right now.
View attachment 7028774
It works surprisingly well
Hell ya, works great until you need to take more than one beer to bed with you to avoid going downstairs and your other 8 koozies have fallen behind the head board, then my friend you are what I call “fucked”.

Hell ya, works great until you need to take more than one beer to bed with you to avoid going downstairs and your other 8 koozies have fallen behind the head board, then my friend you are what I call “fucked”.
Ok I can totally get behind this mans priorities.

Reactions: DaleGribble82
Ok I can totally get behind this mans priorities.
I’ll take a sore neck straining on a 20MOA rail 7 days a week before I ever deplete my koozie supply. Risky business my friend. Remember, you can always buy more ammo, but you can’t reach a koozie that slips through and hits the carpet.

I like the Bradley also. The only issue I found is that one of the velcro straps that goes around the bottom of the stock covers one of the sling connection points. Unfortunately that is where it feels the best so......

Has anyone tried the Armageddon Gear Cheeky Bastard?

It looks like a minimalist option, simple and effective.

Edit: Whoops, looks like they fixed the website and now have both options listed. Last I'd talked to Tom, all he'd told me was that the velcro version was the one that was supposed to be online, but I guess they've got that fixed now. Since that's the case, the strap-attached version DOES offer some height adjustment with the extra padding strips, and the direct velcro version is just a pad. All the ones I have are direct velcro attach, I never had a need for the webbing-attached version.

(Original comment: It's a great pad, but doesn't offer any way to adjust the height of it. Ignore the pics on the website, the web dude screwed up. The actual Cheeky Bastard attaches with sticky-backed velcro, and is intended to just be a comfortable pad for your stock or chassis. I have several of the prototypes and helped Tom with field testing on them.)

20190302_195239.jpg

Final design, I'm gonna reattach the doors and shove the paracord in the compartment and call it done.

IMHO...the Voodoo one is too thick...and causes the face to be pushed too far sideways, getting your eye off-center to the side as you peer thru the scope.

The Savage stock has an incredible comb-slant , or drop-at-comb. It therefore needs a real high cheek riser to get your eye centered on the scope vertically. Honestly...the Voodoo doesn't look like it will get you there. Just sayin'....build your own and get the right height..