• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Need a gunsmith to customize big bore revolver

bluto77

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 18, 2012
Houston, TX
I'm looking into getting a Ruger .454 Casull Super Redhawk, and getting it cut down to around 4.5" and porting the barrel. I realize his is mainly a rifle forum, but I figured at least one of you works on revolvers and/or knows somebody that does. If you know anyone, I'd appreciate a name.

Thanks!

Most any 'smith with a lathe and barrel vice can pull and cut/crown your barrel. Weigand or Mag-na-port for the porting.

Mag-na-port is backlogged around 6 months last time I checked, and I need the pistol by the end of August. I realize that's laughable to most gunsmiths.

I'm looking into getting a Ruger .454 Casull Super Redhawk, and getting it cut down to around 4.5" and porting the barrel. I realize his is mainly a rifle forum, but I figured at least one of you works on revolvers and/or knows somebody that does. If you know anyone, I'd appreciate a name.

Thanks!

You might try Gary Reider in Flagstaff (Gary Reeder Custom Gun - for 30 years a leader in custom handguns and rifles.). He and his son are well known for their wheel gun work

Jack at JRH Advanced Gunsmithing. One of THE best big bore revolver smiths in the country. 530-268-6877