• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Need help choosing LR scope

Deadshot260

Private
Minuteman
Dec 30, 2017
Looking for opinions on a LR scope for distances 1000 yards +, I want to stick to Moa if possible as that’s what all my other scopes are. My budget in $2k. FFP is a must. I may start trying to shoot some LR matches in the future. Looking for any opinions.

I have the same exact needs as you. I ended up going with a Vortex Razor Gen 2 Moa.
I would search here for one used. I got mine for $1900 shipped.
If youre patient you can probably find cheaper as MOA is not as demanded as MRAD.
Theres also a couple guys selling some cheap on Facebook groups I am in. Pm if you like and ill get you hooked up with them.

Reactions: Deadshot260
I wouldn’t buy a Burris XTR 2 unless you’ve looked through it first. My 4-20 xtr2 pales in comparison to my brothers athlon Cronus glass wise. If weight isn’t an issue vortex gen 2 razor is a great option

Reactions: Deadshot260
Check out the Vortex AMG 6-24x50 if you'd prefer a lighter weight scope with amazing glass and MOA reticle, look for a used Kahles K624i with MOAK reticle, the others mentioned above will also get the job done, in the end, choose the reticle you like the most.

I wouldn’t buy a Burris XTR 2 unless you’ve looked through it first. My 4-20 xtr2 pales in comparison to my brothers athlon Cronus glass wise. If weight isn’t an issue vortex gen 2 razor is a great option
I wouldn't buy any scope if possible without looking through one first. Has nothing to do with being from Burris or Vortex etc. Look at the features that are important to you.

Also I forgot to mention that IMHO the vortex is slightly easier and more intuitive to zero.
And slightly more reason why I run what I run.... I have two V Gen 2 5x27 on a 308 chassis PRS rig and also on a 6 dasher F Class set up. The Burris XTR2 5x25 rides on my DMR 223 AR.